April Shower Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

April Shower Tuesday

Postby Othersharon » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 pm

Afternoon all. Rain started sometime during the night and we are finally in a little lull but more on the way. Pretty much all this week if the forecasters are right. So another day of no walk. My friends are back from Myrtle Beach and need to park their rig where they’ll be working but apparently got stuck in the mud and now the tractor is having gear problems and they can’t get it backed up to unhook the chains. They are having some sort of activity in a few days at the fairgrounds so with all this rain that isn’t good. The lot is just a huge grassy pasture. Not a great way to return home after months at the beach. I had a whole week end of no cooking, dinner at youngest son on Saturday and another dinner at my other son’s house. It was great to see the grandkids,at least the ones that were there. I’m about peopled out for awhile! So had leftovers last night and I froze some meals for later. There was so much food and couple of the grandkids and I brought home leftovers. And I got the ham bone so I can make some split pea soup one of these days. Froze it for now but it’ll make a great broth and he left meat on it too so that’ll make a nice pot of soup! Unfortunately I can’t share it since no one else cares for it so more freezer meals! Barbie,you got me with your announcement yesterday. I was so excited for you! Cheryl, sure hope they fix everything that needs fixing on your home and hopefully Airstream send the correct door. I spent way to many hours trying to print out my PA registration for the RV the last couple of days. My printer printed out a couple of random pages I tried but for some reason the PDF won’t print. I think it’s something now on my iPad that isn’t communicating. Finally took a screenshot and copied the photo so at least I have it now. It’s smaller than normal but at least I have a paper copy which is required if I ever get stopped. That I wasn’t aware of until cop son mentioned it the other day when they were talking about something. Insurance they’ll accept on phone but not registration. Learn all kinds of interesting tidbits just listening to conversations around the dinner table! Buddy still isn’t a fan of the treadmill but I’m as determined as he is stubborn. So that’s about it for me. Looking at my grass growing today and looks like it won’t be long before it’ll need mowed. Snow shovels are still out since we are forecasted to get some Thursday into Friday but doubt it’ll amount to much. But they’re handy just in case! Anita, hope your daughter feels better. And Velda, hope the carpet comes in before Chris gets home. Oh, and saw Haley Sunday and she seems to be improving. She has more mobility in her hands and arms. Long way to go but every step is a good thing. Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!
Othersharon

Re: April Shower Tuesday

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Good afternoon Sharon. Just came in for lunch after working in the yard for a while. Beautiful day again today 76...but rainy coldfront coming in tonight. High tomorrow 47 BIG change. Then rain for the next 6 days so far. Good for our snowpack tho.
Starting to work on my raised beds, moving some of the soil into my big raised bed so I have room to add my amended soil. I got hot in the sun tho so decided it was time to eat. Going to go out this afternoon on a couple of errands. The temp and sunshine is my happy place this week so far. I have inside chores to do so I will get them done while it is raining. Emma is loving the sunshine too, she loves lying in it for a while then moseys up on the deck in the shade. I dont want to uncover my patio chairs just yet so I resisted that urge. When I know the weather is better I will unciver them and also wash down the deck. It is super dusty. Need to wash the outside of my windows too. So much to do LOL The inside is clean and I keep it that way so when the weather cooperates I can go outside without feeling guilty.
Guess I will hop in the shower before I go to town.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:49 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Sharon, you know that if you put your shovel away, you would get a foot of snow! Murphy's law!

It is a beautiful day here! Sunny and warm with a nice breeze and lots of singing birds! Will be warmer tomorrow and then a cool down with rain coming on Friday. Lots of snow on the mountains now. Snow level on Friday will be down to 3000 ft so will really look pretty after the storm moves on.

Just got home from my appointment with my ADHD Dr. That clinic really needs to get better front desk staff! Luckily, I wasn't waiting too long after my appointment time this time. My Dr sent me a text wondering where I was? I told him I was in the lobby!! :shock: I even had gone up to the desk to ask if they told him I was there and they said yes but he was behind schedule. He wasn't. He came out to get me. He wasn't told I was there, again! :evil: I told him that was the second time this has happened. He said he will talk to the staff manager about it. I sure hope so! They also had a sound machine going in the lobby with the sound of water gurgling. It was so loud and annoying! Sounded more like I was by a raging waterfall :shock: . I went and turned it down quite a bit. Someone in the lobby thanked me.

Anyways, he upped the meds a bit, so I will try that. I had started with 10mg, then took 2 pills for 20mgs. So now he sent in a prescription for 30mgs. I know quite a few of the gals on the FB group are up over 70mg, They say it takes awhile to find just the right amount that works well. Baby steps!

Still eating leftovers of my ham and potatoes. Have one more serving left for tonight.

Just taking a break before I go to the library to pick up some books I ordered. Then I should work on the deck. Won't take too long to finish with the wood filler. I discovered that if I leave the tube in the sun for awhile, the filler gets a lot softer and easier to work with! :D

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:01 pm

I must admit I don't miss northern winters. My sister texted today that it was snowing at her place in Wisconsin. Doesn't look like it's amounting to anything, and I remember always expecting April snows even in Illinois. I didn't tell her it's upper 80's here today and I'm running the AC. It will be cooler overnight and the next couple days, but still sundress weather.

I spent a long time today emptying and recleaning some cabinets then moving things around. I'm still not sure where I want most things. This week I did some improvising as my only closet with hanging space is a shirt closet. I bought children's hangers and clothes pins and now my dresses are hanging again. I was rolling them. And doing them this way leaves me some space at the bottom I wasn't counting on.

My neighbors were making packets with moth balls on them too deter mice over the summer in their rig. I don't like using moth balls so will look at other potential solutions. I've got some insulation material I'm putting where there's possible entrances I know of. I guess I'll find out in the fall what happens over this summer. Love found their way into my first Class C a couple times. The last time I picked one up while at the North rim of the Grand Canyon. Trapped him and released at the South rim. Lol Minnie has not had a mouse which surprises me. So I'm probably due.

I'm watching a bunch of the CBS programs that were on last night and streaming today.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:48 pm

Love found their way into my first Class C a couple times.

How sweet is that! :D Everyone needs a little love in their Class C once in awhile! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:11 pm

Got my errands done, picked up a blended mocha......bad but oh so good. They wanted to give Emma a treat at the drive up window but she is having no part of that. I told them she was an economy dog. She eats the treats I have for her all the time but when others try to treat her she doesnt want them. It is 80 degrees here. I have my doors and windows open. No breeze but nothing like having some fresh air after the buttoned up winter.
I was lucky as I never had a mouse in my RV. My previous one I had them once but I took care of that quickly. So far here no ants last year or this year. You know those little annoying sugar ants. I bought a HUGE can of spray of something Laura recommended. Didnt realize it was a super sized can apparently. Now that I have it I probably wont see an ant. The next time we have some good weather I am going to spray around my house outside. That helps alot. I need to give Emma her heartworm med tonight, I forgot last night. I am going to use my deer away and some spray I bought last year after the fact. They already had devoured all my beautiful hydrangea flowers....buggers. At least they dont go in my back yard..yet I will see if this stuff works or if I wasted my money. I wanted to stop at Home Depot and Lowes to look at their shrubs.......but I resisted again. Since our temps will drop tonight from the cold front coming in. Snow level down to 1000ft. Geez but good for the snowpack. I did buy a few packs of seeds to plant in another couple of weeks or so. Bought some beans, peas, beets to try. The Plant Warehouse will open soon with the live plants so will look at tomatoes, squash and peppers maybe. I have a few packs of wildflowers I picked up at the dollar store so will scatter them in the raised rings in my front yard. Need to cut my daffodils back now as they are pretty much done. Wish the dang deer would do that for me but noooooo. I dont like the rings in front they are small pavers and only one level so have been looking at raised bed rings, might go that way. I really enjoy working in the yard in the mornings. After it gets hot tho I am done. Also need to check my timer and watering system and reroute a few things but that is an easy deal. I am the drip system queen now after doing my other house and this one I think I have it down. Appt in the morning with my pulmonologist doc and afternoon Bunco. Thursday going to Sutherlin to the farmers market and the co-op.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:02 pm

My doctor said I was good and don't have to do any more colonoscopes. I ask him if he thought I was going to die before it was time again. I think getting ready for another one would kill me. I came home and took a long nap. My Cattle Women meeting was tonight. They were serving chili but I didn't eat any. My insides are still sore.

The motorhome goes in the shop tomorrow. I only told them about one problem but added two more to the list so it might be there all month. I passed their shop on the way to Lafayette and they are very busy.

If someone offered Luna a treat she would be all over that. She has joined the cats in telling me Charlie has finished eating so I can go let him out of the cage. The cats are not happy if she beats them to the leftovers.

My neighbor posted the other day that she canned 12 quarts and 12 pints of beets. :shock: I like beets if someone will serve them to me. The deli has them as a side sometimes. I have a can in the pantry that probably needs to be thrown it's so old.

They were talking about a show at the meeting that was filmed around here recently and is on You Tube. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:58 pm

glad your granddaughter is doing better Sharon... here is hoping that she continues to improve...
my husband sprayed insulation in any area that he thought mice would gain entrance ... I never had mice before and am hoping that I won't during this time of not being in the 5th wheel...
I was going to comment on something else don't remember what it was now so guess I won't comment :roll:
a beautiful day today didn't pay attention to the temp though...saw some people that thought it was warmer than what it was... shorts tee shirt and flip flops... the other was a young mother with a sleeveless dress and kids with no coats... I would have thought at least a sweater :lol: stopped an picked up my taxes I owe!!!! didn't expect that .... and annoyed about it ... but it's only 30 dollars and could be a lot worse... so now I for sure need to change the amount taken out of retirement as it's not enough... then it was on to the store spent more than enough worked on the ice maker I think it is working I've heard to drop ice down guess it was something to do with the auger??? not being in the right position ...but rand the dishwasher and it didn't drain correctly I guess it's win a few loose a few...
dd #3 is here to do laundry will be here tomorrow night as well to finish up it may be a pj day as I thought she would get it all done tonight and all jeans are in the wash well come to think about it do have one pair it may fit or I can do pj's all day not going anywhere anyway :lol:
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:18 pm

Martha, I have never liked beets! My grandma used to try to get me to eat them but I refused! She would even put the little cubed ones in jell-o to get me to eat them, but that didn't work either! :lol: My brother refused to eat them too.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee