Busy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Busy Thursday

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Good morning gals!

Got my work cut out for me today! I have a showing tomorrow so I need to spend the day cleaning up this place! I haven't done any cleaning for awhile since I have been so busy with the deck and other projects. They wanted to come over in a half hour but that wasn't gonna happen! :o So they agreed to wait until tomorrow at 11am. Told my agent to let them know the deck is a work in progress!

So I better get busy!! Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Busy Thursday

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Good luck, Barbie. I'm just sitting and waiting on the mobile repairman to arrive. I'd love to take a nap. I did sleep well in the new bed in the tt. Ty seemed to think we should be moving into the motorhome to sleep. But after he lost that argument he curled up and slept all night. I'm having trouble opening some of the windows in the tt. I hope I remember to ask the repairman if he can easily do so. I'm guessing they're just stuck. I did get the one over the bed open a little yesterday, but haven't been able to request that success today. Maybe wd40 will do the trick. The one over the couch opens easily but doesn't have a screen. And opens a different way than the others. It's only in the 80's and a light breeze so not bad inside.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Good afternoon Been busy this morning just doing the regular chores, laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and now going to wash the kitchen floor. Another windy rainy day outside so will probably just hunker down with my book or tv.
Beth I am thinking maybe silicone spray would be better than WD40 but I dont really know so just my 2 cents worth LOL I am sure the Mobile fellow knows way more than I do. Is he coming to look at your fridge??? Hope it is something simple. Barbie the problem with putting people off is they will look at others before yours now and maybe find something else today when it could have been yours. Just a suggestion.
I felt hungry this morning so had bacon, eggs and a muffin. Now I probably wont need lunch. Bacon tasted so good since I havent had any for quite a while. I could have eaten way more but stopped at 3 pieces. Off to finish the chores up and then relax
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby MandysMom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

WD40 would be a good start as it has solvents mixed with thin oil. Solvents would help maybe get it loose, then wipe tracks and when wd40'evaporates , as solvents will, maybe silicone to keep it going . Times like this, I wish I could ask WWMD- What would Mel Do, cuz he knew stuff like that!
Anther day to pack Chris a protein snack and head to the hospital to see him. Rained yesterday, few clouds today, rain tomorrow.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Thanks ladies. The WD40 was handier than my silicone spray, so used it. These are old window tracks. I know to use the silicone in certain locks, etc. Meantime the windows are open!!! And, yes I'll need to clean those tracks but might not be today or even this week. And the service guy and his wife were here and we agreed my best choice is replacing with a home style fridge. He recommended the same brand my neighbor said they've put in two RVs and they'll be emailing me a quote. I like them so hope we can get this done soon. They'd have to order the fridge, I think from Home Depot.

I can't believe I've got junk sitting everywhere. I need to put things away after using. Worst are all the eye drops and eye things which are sitting on the dinette table. I guess that just s fact of like for now.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

I made the Hummus this morning and it's pretty good. I managed to make it without cutting my finger on the processor blade which has happened several times. I don't have any chips to eat it with and I didn't think to get any when I went to town. I went to meet my son at Costco to renew our membership. I don't think I need both Sams and Costco but my son likes Costco.

I was right about the restaurant we were going to being mostly Sushi instead of a steak house. I just ordered a bowl of Miso soup and fried shrimp rolls which were very good. I would go back for them again. Tomorrow is Good Friday and I'm sure the local store will be boiling crawfish. I might order some if I don't forget. All the seafood places will be very busy tomorrow.

Beth, the brand of refrigerator I ordered for my old motorhome was a Summit and I had ordered it from Home Depot. It was almost a perfect fit for the space.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 am

Got everything done except for a few dishes I couldn't fit in the dishwasher. Will take care of that in the morning. I have two haircuts to do tomorrow which are scheduled about the same time as the showing so that will work out.

Karen, I agree with you that it would be better to let someone see the place right away, but a half hour notice is not acceptable. Also, if I was selling a regular house, which typically sells in a month or two, keeping the house in show-worthy condition is possible. When a house is on the market for a year and a half with a showing only once a month or two, it is hard to stay motivated to keep everything in pristine show-worthy condition day in and day out.

It was a nice calm day today so I put my patio umbrella up this afternoon. I do that for showings because it looks more homey and inviting. About 5 minutes after putting it up, a big gust of wind came up, so I put it back down. It has been crazy windy ever since. :shock: We will be under a high wind advisory but not until tomorrow afternoon thru Saturday. Not sure why they didn't have it start this afternoon?

I think I will take a nap tomorrow afternoon. I am tired out from being so busy the past few days! It is supposed to rain all weekend so I can work on some things inside then. I need to go thru each room and get rid of stuff again. Things accumulated over the past year since I did that last summer.

Off to bed...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee