Rainy Last Tuesday of March

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Last Tuesday of March

Postby Colliemom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:07 am

Good Morning on this rainy Tuesday. Supposed to get really windy too. Watching the news about the collapse of the Francis Scott Key bridge in Baltimore. Hope they find more people, but with 41° water and the amount of wreckage, at this point, unfortunately chances are slim. Thank goodness it didn’t happen during morning rush hour when more people would have been on the bridge. At least the ships crew are all accounted for. Will take time to figure out what happened. They say all the lights on the ship went out just before it hit. Could have been a loss of power and when that happens, a ship has no steering and loses control very quickly. It happens here on the Great Lakes once in awhile and has caused groundings. Tragic indeed.

Nothing new here. Just keeping busy. Church on Sunday, trip to Meijer, checked out he new Menards on Friday. One can get tired going up and down all the aisles in that place. They are huge stores. I’ve been in them before and after going back yesterday to check in a few things, am now oriented to the layout. Doesn’t seem to be affecting Lowes or Home Depot. They each have their own unique branding. Took aMolly to the vet yesterday for eye and BP check since we have to monitor that. BP normal, eye looks good, still some inflammation in it tnough and pressure is low. We are heading down to MSU School of Veterinary Medicine, Ophthalmology Dept. In two weeks for more evaluation. She also cleaned up the surgery site on the other eye and said it’s healing nicely.

So today will run vac and do some dusting, then get to work on my DP. Haven’t got much left to do and want to get it finished, checked over and the sealed before Thursday. Neighbor and I are going to Houghton Lake to look at frames for hers and mine. Also hoping to get my new weather radio set up today.

O’Sharon, I hear you about not being able to go for a walk. We had hit and miss this past week too, due to weather. Today is up in the air. Might have a break in the rain for awhile, so we might be able to venture out for a short bit. Beth, glad your surgery went well. Mind is blank right now, so no more commenting. Timee to head for the shower and get busy.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Rainy Last Tuesday of March

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Follow-up on my 2nd eye went well today. If I need to follow their whole schedule I could be here 6 more weeks. But he thinks we'll make it work in two more spots two weeks apart, so probably leave late April, then return in the fall. I'll stay if necessary, but would prefer just returning a bit early if they say that'll work. I like this place and I like them more with all this follow through.

I took my neighbors to breakfast after the appt. There's an IHop right down the street so we went there. Haven't been to one in a long time and if I ever return I will not get their biscuits and gravy. Actually good biscuits, terrible gravy. Not thick, not flavorful, and only enough gravy for 1/2 the biscuit. They wanted to charge me $2.50 for more of the bad gravy so I said nevermind. My waiter brought me one gratis and I added salt and pepper and hot sauce which made it edible, but not the gravy expected. Then, we were talking about gas apps to save money. They have one specifically for diesel and I have Upside. They asked how it worked so I went and sat in the booth between them and opened it. I always forget it has restaurants and other places. It synched my account to my location and IHop popped up with 5% off. We hadn't paid yet, so I plugged it in and we got the discount. I'll have to remember to check it more often. Every little bit helps.

My neighbors are pulling out in about an hour. I'm pulling out tomorrow morning with help from another couple here. If I waited till Thursday I feel I could do everything, but this couple the husband will drive my RV, I'll drive my car and his wife will follow to take him home. They convinced me to do this and not worry about it. So I've d already done laundry. Need to make my bed. Then I'll start putting things away good enough to go this short distance. While there I'm hoping to really clean the inside of my motorhome while living in the tt.

Sue, I read about the bridge. So sad. The one good thing that probably saved many lives is they did get a mayday out first and many away from it.

Back to putting in eye drops lolol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:48 pm

Good afternoon. Same ole weather, cloudy, rain showers but no wind today to sthat is good. 57 out so not chilly.
Just got back from picking up my groceries, put away and a load of laundry in. Pollen count is still high for trees. So I am busy sneezing and blowing my nose off and on. Gotta love springtime. Beth glad all is going well with your eyes and your move. Will be nice to be settled for a while I am sure. Thinking good thoughts for Molly and Sue. Seems like everyone else is doing well.
Making a pot roast in my dutch oven today. I need the room in the freezer LOL I keep saying I am not buying anything more to go in my freezer. Altho I did buy 1 packs of English muffins to find a place for in there. But I took out a pack of bacon to cook in the oven. I like to cook the whole pound and then bag and feeze most of it. Easy to just pull out a few slices and zap them in the micro.
I had a late breakfast so will either have a small lunch or an early dinner.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:58 pm

But I took out a pack of bacon to cook in the oven. I like to cook the whole pound and then bag and feeze most of it. Easy to just pull out a few slices and zap them in the micro.

LOL - for me, not so much. :?

I like to cook the whole pound (make that 12 ounces - bacon packages here are generally 12 ounces, for the same price a pound used to be). Then I like to use a zip-lock bag to put the 12-oz "pound" in. . . the refrigerator.

Easy to just pull out the zip-lock bag and scarf it down while watching evening tube.

I skip the microwave part. . . 8-)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:19 am

the last couple of times I cooked bacon... I made less and it turned out crispier and I am a crispy gal :lol: do like baking them so much less effort...
I did put baking soda in the dish washer can't remember if I've tried the vinegar or not but if I did not that much so will get some more vinegar as if I used it in the dishwasher that amount would use up all my vinegar going to the store tomorrow so can do so .... I took out the filter and cleaned it reached in couldn't feel any obstructions don't know why it didn't drain all the way in it's last drain... it's running now plan on in the am running it with either the vinegar or the cleaner empty and see if it will smell better in some cases it's better it only stinks when it starts up before it was you got a big whiff when you opened the dishwasher... it it comes to having to get a repairman I almost think I'd be better off getting a new one... guess we will see if it drains tonight....
wish I could say I accomplished something other than a word search .... decided to make taco salad for supper tonight so followed what one of the food people on FB said to do think it would have worked had I had larger shells just way too small to actually make a "bowl" and then I was going to make her lime crema pulled out the sour cream oops didn't know that I'd had bought it long enough ago for it to go bad bummer as I'd like to have either had that or sour cream on the taco salad... :( but I did get taco seasoning made up... I found a recipe that I like... going to make up some enchilada seasoning as well
tomorrow going to go to the library and see if the free tax people will have room for me sometime hopefully not on Thurs... one of the women in the church has breast cancer so taking turns taking food in I signed up for the 28th... going to make this manacoti stuffed with cheese sticks and meat sauce poured over the top of it...as well as cheese baked it looks good will make enough so that we can have some if anyone has tried it let me know what you think
it will be quite the change for you Beth to be in the TT at least I assume more space I don't remember how many feet it is... yo all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee