Saturday, March 23

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday, March 23

Postby Colliemom » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:38 am

Good Morning. Sun is up and day looks good. Had a light snow all day yesterday. About 2 inches. So will head out later and run the shovel over the decks and walks. The sun will take care of the drive. I did run the blower over it from the snow we had on Wednesday though.

Enjoyed reading all the comments about stuffed peppers. I haven’t had any for quite awhile either. I must be the odd man out, as I love green bell peppers. But I always look for the firmest ones I can find. I chop them up for my salads and also just cut them up for snacks.

Beth, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. My pups and I haven’t been doing our long walks either due to weather. Should be able to today. Velda, glad Chris is improving slow but steady and you are able to get things done in his room. Judy, same for your son. Sounds like he’s definitely on the road to recovery. Anita, trip to Port Angeles sounds nice. That’s such a beautiful area. Your talk of Alaska is bringing back memories for me. Wish I could go again.

Not sure where this day is going. First on agenda is clean the kitchen and wash the floor. Then will put the paint in the sign boards. Debating if I want to go to Menards and browse some more or not. Got tired walking up and down all the aisles the other day. Being it just opened Tuesday, will probably be crowded today. Grand Opening week starts tomorrow. Drawings for prizes and demonstrations going on all week.

But for nowI need to get moving here, get the kitxhen done and see where I go from here. Might just work in my DP, who knows.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday, March 23

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:48 am

Good morning Sue,

Got a good nights sleep last night. Woke up at 8am, and about 15 minutes later, the guys showed up to work on my deck. So I won't be going anywhere now until they are done since that is the only way for me to go in and out of my house. I can work on the panels that I didn't get to yesterday.

Beautiful day today, light breeze, birds chirping. I heard there are supposed to be strong storms moving in to the coast today so not sure if they will get here eventually or not. Haven't heard anything yet.

Have a good day!

**just checked the weather forecast. Doesn't look like we will get any rain but we are under a high wind alert for today into tomorrow. So far, no wind at all here.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:20 pm

Rain finally stopped here this morning around 9 am. Last night, I dropped my mouse one too many times, and it quit working right after I posted here. I tried to fix it, but considering its age, i just went out this morning to find a Best Buy and get a new one. I am fussy about mice fitting my hand because I had carpal tunnel syndrome for a couple of decades until I got it operated on a few years ago. Don't want it to come back! Also picked up some groceries and got the newest COVID 19 vaccine.

So, nice and sunny here today, but very muggy after all this rain. Last night there were 7 boats parked overnight in the COE boat slips with power and water, but two left. Looks like we gained a big sailboat. There were also three cruisers anchored in the river across from me that spent the night--one left and two are still here. Lots of boats going through the locks today, but the gate to the viewing area is still locked because someone jumped the fence.

New mouse works great--even better than old one before I dropped it.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby chalet05 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:43 pm

A rainy day here. College basketball game on with my 2 top teams playing each other! Getting things done during commercials and half time.

I discovered I also like red peppers, but I refuse to pay the price unless on sale. :roll: Noticed egg prices are back up again here.

Velda, so happy to hear of Chris' progress along with the work on his room coming along.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:44 pm

Sue, you're keeping me on my toes. You wished me luck on my surgery tomorrow. I had to double check what day it was lol. But I appreciate the luck for Monday.

Anita, I like all colors of peppers. I but whichever is the lowest cost when I need them in a recipe.

I headed over to the tt today and turned on the propane to check my water heater. It works like a charm. And where I thought there was a possible leak in the cold water handle of the sink, nothing leaked today. I do believe that faucet was replaced before I purchased and never used. I asked I've is the guys here to look and he thinks it just needed to run and sealed itself. I will be keeping an eye on it though. I also picked up the key to my mailbox. And I discovered someone else from my current park has moved over there. Did I start a mass exodus??? He asked me not to tell anyone here that he just told them he's not returning but not where he went. And he told me that he wasn't happy with something's but made the decision to seriously look elsewhere because of the issue with my steps. Funny how it's little things that cause such problems. Also, the husband of I've is the couples who helped move the tt and steps offered to help if I needed it later this week to move the RV and my car. They didn't want me overdoing after Monday's surgery. I did make some good friends here and how to keep them. They are still considering moving over, too. One couple here isn't coming back but is changing their traveling plans.

Enough about all this. I won't have anything to talk about after the surgeries are past successfully and the move is completed. Lol I have been told to stay away from anything dusty. So I probably won't cut the carpet squares until I return in the fall. I'll just relax for a few weeks.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:10 am

Beth, it's stupid rules that make everyone mad. I had to check the date too. I was pretty sure it was Saturday and not Sunday.

Judy, I'm glad you found your mouse. I'm surprised mine is still working as many times as the cats have knocked it off the desk.

I worked on my taxes most of the day but finally have them to ready to bring in on Monday. I must have made 50 trips from the kitchen to the bedroom looking for papers. Luna made most of them. It looks like she would figure out that I'm not going anywhere.

We have the hospice dine around tomorrow. I will have to set my alarm so I don't forget. We are going to a mexican place. Hope it's better than the last couple I have been too.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:15 am

I posted last night honestly I did but I think at the same time Anita did and it went poof... had I just looked but most of the time when I am as late getting on as I normally am I'm used to being able to post successfully didn't work last night... :roll: when I realized it I was done and getting ready to get off the computer
Velda so happy to hear about Chris having a discharge goal... curious though it seems like you mentioned that you were going to wait until he got home to paint the closet so inquiring minds wonder wouldn't it be easier before ??? but that is just me miss curious
Anita glad to hear that your brother is responding better to the chemo this trip around... hoping that he can kick the cancer .... did you say and I missed it what your ocean trip was or possibly you've been planning it awhile
Beth glad that your surgery is still a go for Monday and sounds like you will have people there that you already know...that will make it seem more like home... one of the reasons I like going back to Q is the feeling of community even when I'm out in the desert you get used to certain people being in "their" spot.. and when they aren't you feel like something is wrong..
have to laugh though you are suppose to avoid dust and you are going to the desert? Did you decide if you are going back to Iowa for part of your summer?
Martha I was going to mention 3 or 4 bean salad as well I like it but it really depends upon the dressing that is put on it... I like all colors of sweet peppers raw but not overly fond of them cooked... I liked Sandi's stuffed foil idea... :lol:
I've been trying to remember today and yesterday's comings and goings... not succeeding :roll:
we had sprinkling or more once it got dark not sure what happened
saw a Robin today I thought poor thing!!!! wonder what they survive on when there is no soil to dig in and get worms...
also saw a junko the other day so guess spring is coming hopefully the ice field has gone and I can take out the garbage can Monday night...
actually straighten up one shelve in the freezer (it's a side by side) but didn't allow enough time for the rest of it as I wanted to make soup for supper
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby chalet05 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:45 am

Sheila, I think I forgot to answer about the ocean trip. Thinking of going to Long Beach, Washington for a few days in May. Haven’t made the reservation yet.
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:32 am

Sheila, I wondered that about the Robins too, one year, when I saw them return early to MN when there was still snow on the ground and the ground was still frozen, so I looked it up. Robins will eat berries that are still on the trees from fall.

The guys were done with my deck in about an hour and a half. I kind of opened up a can of worms tho, (no offense to Robins!). Most of the plywood is in pretty good shape but some parts are full of small cracks. So there will be some wood filler patching up to do before I can paint it. I went to HD to get some supplies and got some wood filler in a tube thinking it would be easier to use. It was so thick, it was almost impossible to get out of the tube! I tried a little bit on one spot to see how well it works. But I will get a different, more user-friendly filler since I have a lot to fill. I did decide I will put down a primer and then use paint in the same color as the lower part of the house, kind of a peachy beige color. I have a little bit left in the shed that I can use to match for more paint at HD. I got a roller with a longer handle on it so I can put the primer and paint on while standing up.

Stopped this morning at a neighbors house down the street who painted her deck last year to get some info on what she did to prep and paint hers. I don't like the texture of hers tho. It looks like stucco. She said it isn't very easy to clean because of the texture. I will opt for a smoother surface. While I was there, she told me about a single women's group she is in here at the park. I have heard about it before. She is having the group over on Tuesday for a potluck and invited me to join them. I plan to do that.

It got very windy this afternoon and is still blowing out. Not as bad as some windstorms we have had lately. I need to make sure when I paint the deck that it won't be windy for a day or so after. I will get more texture than I want if the dust and sand get blown onto the wet paint! :shock:

Getting to bed before midnight tonight! I was yawning all afternoon so apparently I still need to catch up on some sleep.

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:29 am

Sheila, I have run out of places to put stuff from his closet. He has a lot hanging and on shelves in the closet. Most on floor is in big boxes, so can move them out to do carpet, but leaving upper half for him to help sort and to try on clothes to not put all back. By then, his bed, dresser( he has chosen a bed with drawers under) and desk will be in the room to hold stuff so I can make room in my halls and living room, spare room, and craft room and 2 bathrooms, all of which are stacked with his stuff! My room and bathroom are only place without his stuff stacked. It was astonishing how much stiff he accumulated since childhood and managed to stuff in his room!
As to pepper stuffing in foil, usually stuffed pepper mixture has tomato product, which quickly dissolves today s foil! I don't recall it dissolving so much when I was younger. I prefer not mixing aluminum in my food! And I will eat peppers, but not fond of them whole and stuffed, I'm ok with chopped in recipes.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee