Friday, March 22

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, March 22

Postby Irmi » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:23 am

Good afternoon ladies!

It's a pleasure living vicariously, through all of you, to read what you're doing or telling us about your adventures and travels. Velda, I am thrilled that Chris is doing so well. He'll love the look of his bedroom when he gets home. Beth, I'm glad your second surgery is still on schedule and no, we don't tire of reading about it. Since we're concerned about each other, I love reading about your day and everyone elses.

Today, the farmer that lives next to our resort is feeding everyone that signed up, BBQ. We are all asked to bring a side. Tomorrow is the Celebration of Life for the guy that the Requiem Service was held for last Saturday. I offered to make ten pounds of potato salad, so this morning, I've been dicing the ingredients for that. And I'm talking about food again. Lol.

Check in when you can.
Irmi

Re: Friday, March 22

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:49 am

Going to hit 90's today, but was nice enough for a walk this morning and hopefully will be again before dark. Otherwise short times out. Humidity level still in the 90 percent level.

Velda, it's great to hear about Chris's progress. And Anita, same with your brother. Sharon and Martha, I admit Ty isn't getting the exercise he wants right now, but we do what we can and I gave him extra time visiting neighbors lol. Just to muddy on the good walking trail. Irmi, my mouth waters every time, so keep up the cooking and talking about it!

Today I started adding more drops to the pre surgery eye. So up to 19-20 drops a day right now.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:55 pm

Good late morning gals!

Went shopping yesterday at WM. I got enough food to last me quite awhile, and all stuff I know I will eat. I tend to buy things that look interesting that I haven't tried before and then never make it once I get home. So then they go bad or just take up room so I end up tossing them out later. I did get some carrots to munch on, but also some cookies :oops: . Baby steps, for eating better. Oh yeah, there was a guy out in the WM parking lot selling fresh picked strawberries. They were huge! He was selling them by the case for $25 but I didn't want nearly that many so I was able to just get 2 pints. I brought one over to Gloria next door. They are so big and juicy! :D

Called my back dr about getting set up for the epidural shot. They need to get the approval from my insurance first and then we can set up the appointment. Also need to call today to set up my PT.

I have been taking my ADHD meds everyday for almost a week now and no side affects anymore, but also not much positive change. He told me to take up to 2 per day and I just started on one per day to see how it went. I will start on taking 2 of them maybe tomorrow now that the side effects are gone and see if there is an improvement. By my next appointment, I should have an idea of how they are working. I have read amazing things about this med by the women on my RB group who are taking it. I am at a very low dose right now compared to them so will see how the second pill works.

I seriously need to tackle my laundry today! While doing that, I can finish the ceiling panels.

I ordered some sticky tape to put on my new chair to discourage the cats (Romeow) from scratching on it. They both have done a number on the love seat in the porch. :evil: That should come today.

The guys who were working on the house next door never came over to give me an estimate on doing my deck. I might go back and ask the first guy I talked to (the maintenance guy here) what he would charge for just doing the deck. He gave me an estimate of $600 for the deck and the porch. The deck is half the size of the porch so it should be half as much money :? . Will ask him. Would like to get that done soon, so I can paint or stain it before it gets too hot. Found a pretty and affordable outdoor rug to put out there that is made of some type of recycled plastic that can be hosed off when it gets dirty. It will match my outdoor furniture. It was less than $30 on Amazon! Will get that tomorrow.

Anita, my mom used to make stuffed green peppers but she was the only one who would eat them. I don't like green peppers other than maybe tiny bits of it in other things.
The stray cat spraying thing is definitely a problem here too. That is why my deck carpet smells so bad. Once male cats get fixed, they usually (but not always) stop doing that. They do that to mark their territory to keep other cats away. Some towns have a TNR program to trap stray cats and get them fixed. The stray cats do help to keep the rodent population down tho. When any of my neighbors complain about the cats, I ask them if they have seen any mice/rats around here. Nope!

Nice day today, mid 80's, light breeze, sunny. Might have to turn the AC on later tho. Only 78* right now.

I better get going with the laundry...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:42 pm

Rainy day here in southern Florida, with the usual high humidity. I cannot believe how humid it is where you are, Beth. That is amazing for Arizona. I'll be out there next winter/spring.

I'm at St.Lucie South Campground, overlooking the lock and dam here. Very interesting to see the boats of all sizes going through the locks, but unfortunately, they had the access gate to the locks shut yesterday when I wanted to see a tugboat and another commercial working boat go through. Apparently, someone jumped the fence when it was locked for the evening, so they are punishing the entire campground and public by keeping gate shut. Normally, you can walk to an observation area and also directly on the lock gates once there are boats in it and it is closed to be filled. On weekends like today, there are a lot of cruisers going back and forth because this is a substantial shortcut between Jupiter and Fort Myers, FL. Fun to watch people in boats doing what we RV campers are doing, except on water. Sometimes they miss the closing time of 4 pm, so have to anchor in the middle of the river until morning. Also, there are several water and electric hookup for boat "campers" here, and right now there are four cruisers/sailboats parked here for a few days. Apparently, Publix will deliver groceries to them here!!

Great place, and i have one of the three sites directly on the river, but there are only 9 RV camping sites here, other than the boat sites, so it is very hard to get reservations! And, I also almost never drive at night, but my choice was picking up a prescription and a couple of other things, or driving backwards 90 miles on another day. I figured it was better to pick things up then and be late than make another long drive. ,,
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby monik7 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:48 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Anita, my mom used to make stuffed green peppers but she was the only one who would eat them. I don't like green peppers other than maybe tiny bits of it in other things.

Barbie and Anita: My mom also used to make stuffed green peppers. My dad and brother liked them but I only agreed to eat the stuffing. I absolutely refused to eat the green pepper. My mom in her frugal way got me to agree to eat “Stuffed Reynolds Wrap” with no waste of a green pepper. Problem solved.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:05 pm

Sandi, that's cute. As long as you didn't try to eat the Reynolds wrap.

Judy, I'm in South Texas. When they give me permission to drive home after the requisite follow-ups, I'll be going to Arizona. It's been several winters since I've wintered in AZ. Spring and early summer and fall, I love there, though.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:36 pm

Sandi, it's funny that this morning I remembered my mother making stuffed peppers and I wanted no part of them! Guess my tastebuds changed later! :)
We've had some sprinkles today.
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:28 pm

The maintenance guy just came by and said he would do the deck for $250 so I said that was good. He says he can work on it tomorrow! That will be nice!

The rug I ordered is actually one of the RV rugs that fold up flat. I still have the one I bought for my travel trailer. That one is green and wouldn't look good on the deck, but I want to take that one with me once I move anyways. This one can stay and will look nice with the patio furniture which is also staying.

Now I will have to decide if I want to paint or stain the deck. A neighbor of mine painted hers and added sand to the paint for traction. I don't think I want to do that tho.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:19 pm

About all I managed to do today was get the birthday present mailed. Stripped the beds in the motorhome but keep forgetting to get the bathmat.

My sister picks up food that they are giving away where she lives. She brought me a bag of things she had too much of or doesn't use. There was a can of Garbanzo Beans(chickpeas). I don't know what people do with Garbanzo Beans. I looked up recipes on line and there was one to make snacks out of them. You drain, rinse and dry them then bake them for 30 minutes. Then you have little crunchy balls with no taste. :lol: I put some Tony's seasoning on them and it helped a little. I also have a container of oatmeal and a bag of raisins. I think I will make some cookies out of them tomorrow.

My mother made stuffed bell peppers too. The deli has them sometimes. Bell Peppers are another vegetable that doesn't agree with me. I can eat a little of it if it's in something else. I made some potato salad and heated some gumbo out of the freezer. The local country store is selling boiled crawfish again but I didn't feel like messing with crawfish. Maybe tomorrow.

We had a storm blow through this morning between 4:30 and 5:00 with a lot of thunder and lightening. The lights blinked once but didn't go out. We might get some more rain tonight.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:17 am

Martha, I put garbanzo beans in my green salad. Can also be used in a multi bean salad with a vinegar dressing. Like a 3 bean salad.
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:19 am

Garbanzos beans= hummus !
Had a good visit with Chris today. He was up in morning in chair to go to shower, got up to move to shower bench then , when I was there, got up with PT and walked length of room twice.
Began raining here after I got home at 7. Nice steady gentle rain. Wll go Saturday and Sunday to see Chris. His room is painted and I'm hoping to get to HD Monday to look at carpet. Gotta get moving with projected goal date for discharge in 3 weeks!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:37 am

Velda, so glad to hear that Chris is improving so well! I am sure you are both anxious for him to get back home.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee