Thursday, March 21st

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday, March 21st

Postby Colliemom » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:50 am

Morning all. Just stopping in before I start my day, not that I have anything exciting going on :lol: it’s cloudy and 18°. Below normal for this time of year. Snowy weather has moved on, but since it was lake effect and confined to the NW snowbelt areas here, it won’t be causing O’Sharon any issues. But was really Windy. We have about 4 inches. Another storm heading in tomorrow which will give us and most of the lower peninsula some snow. Typical March weather. I’ll go out in a bit and clear the drive etc. Wouldn’t bother except don’t know how tomorrow is going to to play out. Track isn’t certain yet. Then will go to town, browse Menards, haven’t been in one for awhile. Closest is south of Traverse City. Want to check out light fixtures and patio furniture. And get some wood putty. Lowes has been my favorite place. I like their selections, familiar with the store layout and I like the people who work there.

Beth, glad to hear your eye is coming along. Fingers crossed that all looks well at your follow up today and you can get the next one on Monday. Karen, hope all goes well with your appt. Too. My eyes recover pretty quick from dilation. I’m able to drive myself to my appts. And read and what not after I get home.

Bathroom got cleaned yesterday and house vacuumed. Put a coat of primer on the boards for the signs and got quite a bit accomplishedI on my DP. Dogs kind of drove me nuts yesterday as they were bored. Couldn’t go for our walk due to the weather. Was like having a couple of bored kids. They were in and out all day. Piper wanted to play ball, so we had a few tosses and she tired of that. Chewed her bone, got tired of that. I fixed up their Kong Balls with goodies and peanut butter, but that only lass so long. And so it went :lol: Will go for a walk later today.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Thursday, March 21st

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 pm

Good morning gals!

Didn't get much accomplished yesterday, at least not what I planned to do. I slept in late and then spent the afternoon on Amazon, cleaning up my Wish Lists. I had all my "RV Stuff" on one list, so I broke it up into a bunch of smaller, more specific lists and moved things from the one list to those others. Took a lot longer than I thought. At least when the time comes, I can find what I am looking for much easier. A lot of things are duplicates, like I saved about 15 different water hoses! :shock: Some of the things I saved are things that I know I will need right away, if the RV doesn't already come with them. Some things I will have to wait and see what the RV layout and cabinet/closet/storage areas are like (for storage bins, etc). Many are things I might need later on or not. So at least it is all organized now. So the day wasn't a total waste. :D

Been on the warmer side the past couple days, in the 80's, so have had to run the AC for a bit in the afternoons. Sue, weather is relative, depending on what you are used to. Of course my seasons here are totally different from what I grew up with in MN. Winters here are wonderful, but summers are a time to "hibernate" and stay indoors as much as possible. I love the temps in the 60's and 70's but people out here (natives) think that is way too cold and love the scorching heat! I know a lot of people "up north" who love the cold, snowy winters! I don't like the extremes.

I went to bed around midnight but couldn't get to sleep until around 4:30 am! Just woke up at 8:30 and can't get back to sleep. So I will get up and start working on my list and maybe take a nap later this afternoon.
Need to go to the store, do some laundry, finish the light panels, and make some dr phone calls.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Othersharon » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:18 pm

Greetings from cold PA. Temps still in the 20’s here with a strong wind so feel such colder. Sue, we got a bit of snow sometime during the night but it’s melted now or blown away. We didn’t walk yesterday and it’s not looking good for today so I understand about bored dogs. We re still working on the treadmill but so far I’ve managed to turn it on and he’s taken a few steps and then wants off. Or rather jumps off. So once again, baby steps. I haven’t gotten much done the last few days, just no ambition to get into any projects. Just doing what needs to be done to keep the house looking fairly clean and picked up. Buddy’s helping outside by bringing some of the debris from the trees inside. I have a bag on the porch with little branches he’s picked up off the driveway and yard. Of course he’s not happy with me taking them away from him, he’d rather chew on them and swallow part of them. I noticed that I have some daffodils blooming out front. And noticed the other day that the low brush is starting to leaf out where we walk all the time. Beth, hope your eye is okay so you can get the other one done as scheduled. Dinner is leftover stuffed green pepper from last night. Haven’t made for a long time but saw some peppers that were just perfect to make them. I’m not crazy about cooked peppers but like the flavor so end up eating some of the pepper and the meat. Was thinking about a friend that used to make delicious pigs in a blanket but sadly he passed away a couple of years ago so haven’t had them for a very long time. He always made some stuffed peppers at the same time so I was thinking about him when I made mine last night. Amazing what triggers thoughts of friends and family. Lunch is done so no excuse to get something accomplished. Vacuuming is almost a daily thing with the way Buddy sheds. Never had a dog shed this much. Even with brushing him. I need to give him a bath soon too but need to wait for a warmer day. Luckily he doesn’t smell but it might help with the shedding. From what I’ve read Labs shouldn’t be bathed to often because of the natural oils in their coats. So will wish you all a good day and hope everyone dealing with health problems themselves or family are recovering.
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:54 pm

Good morning, not too bad a day here cloudy and overcast but 57 out right now. Stormy weather heading our way but not sure to what degree we will get rain. Been outside picking up branches and trimming a little more of my tree. Washed off my deck yesterday, boy was it dusty. I want to put another coat of stain on it but will definitely wait for much warmer weather. Going to head to town this morning need a few things at the store. Henry has the day off today but house is all tidy so no worries. Going to clean the bathrooms and then take a shower and get my rear in gear.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Lazy morning but my brain is on a roll! :) Made reservations to go to Port Angeles May 1-6. Brother is back to work so time with niece on weekdays and brother on weekend. May be making an ocean trip after that. Need to make packing lists for each of my trips plus change an appointment or two.

So have learned all the cats here are feral. Humane Society has fixed one that we know of, but according to neighbor in other building, they have my two plus at least 4 or 5 others. Made a Facebook post about what I went through, and people are not happy with all the cat spray on outdoor things.

Beth, glad it looks like you'll be all set for Monday's appointment! So nice you have such great neighbors/friends there. Sheila, I'm sure you will be glad when the snow and cold is gone! I was surprised the last time I had my eyes dilated that I wasn't really bothered by it. Was concerned I didn't have sunglasses with me. Martha, I mentioned one time during a trip to Yellowstone that flyfishing looked like fun - think it was more about standing in/by a river than fishing. Got gear for my birthday and never used it. Sharon, I keep telling my son-in-law I'll make stuffed peppers and still haven't done it. My daughter doesn't even want the smell in her house! Haven't made them in many years.

Time for brunch!
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:07 pm

Been busy last couple of days. I set my alarm for yesterday, and it either did not ring or I slept through it, because I woke up really late. Left campground and headed to find a UPS store so I could have some stuff i had printed out the night before notarized. Overnighted it to law firm in Georgia, then grabbed a chicken sandwich. It was late, but I really still wanted to go to the Audubon Corkscrew Sanctuary because I will not be back in this area, so drove there. Planned on spending two hours but ended up spending over three, which meant I would end up at St. Lucie Lock and Dam campsite after dark--oh well.

Most of drive was good except for last 15 miles when it got really dark, then of course, I had to park by myself in a dark and buggy campsite. Took a couple of in and out looksees, but made it. Plugged in and while I usually fill my tanks, this time I just hooked up hose to city water. And THAT caused me to later discover that I have some sort of leak around the water tank. Threw down paper towels and rags, and left it until this morning, when first thing I did was go out and turn water off. Normally, I keep water in tanks turned off overnight, but I have noticed that if I drive with the pump on, I get a small leak, but only when I drive. Have no idea what is leaking, and I did ask guy who put my toilet in to look at it, but he just took a quick look as he did not have time to pull things apart to get to hot water tank or inside fresh water hookups, so will have to make an appt about that. In meantime, I will just use tank water and turn it off when driving and overnight.

Slept in this morning, as usual, but got stuff put away from errands yesterday and straightened up from driving. Need to put some boards under right rear tires to level rig next time I move it.

If it's not one thing, it's another!!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:56 pm

Oh my gosh. After leggings and warm tops the last couple days, sundress today. That would have been ok but this morning humidity was at 100% without rain. So muggy. Luckily the fog cleared before I drove in for my eye appt. And I brought a sweatshirt because I predicted (correctly) the AC would be on to keep the humidity level down inside. All this said, my surgery for this coming Monday is approved. They do think I might need to hang around a couple extra weeks for my follow up appts. Two weeks was always planned but I had agreed that they might want more. No problem. I kind of figured that could happen. Hopefully next Thursday or Friday Ty and I will move the car and class c over to the tt and we'll stay there from them forward.

I stopped at Dollar Tree and picked up two pairs of readers for after next week's surgery. They might not be the right prescription in the long run but should work well enough as the eyes heal.

Bet you're all tired of reading about this. But I'm stuck lol

Judy, you're better than me when it comes to driving in after dark. I have skipped stops to avoid doing that. And I always turn off my water pump when traveling. Heck, I only turn it on when using it, but that's overly cautious on my part.

Anita, I'm looking forward to all your trips. I love traveling vicariously on them.

Sharon, I hope Buddy gets the hang of the treadmill.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:14 pm

I'm home today and have a bit of leisure time, for a change! It was a planned day off. Painter got here at 10 to start on Chris's room. He wil Be back in the morning to do second coat. I had planned to go in morning to HD to look at carpet, but that is delayed so paint will be complete- except closet, which we will paint after Chris is home.
Big news, he is able to stand on his own, with supervision, walk across the PT room, and today was able, with minor PT assist to use the bathroom in his room. He can't do that with out PT supervision yet, but it's a big step! possibly home within a month! He is still very weak in left leg, so they will be working on that, plus on stairs (2 + 1 steps into our house), and gradually walking more. He also will need to practice getting in and out of my car.
My gardener was here and did out front. Sean was going to ride my mower and get most of back done, but because no car, that will wait.
Chris's new recliner was delivered and the old one taken away (cost me $40 disposal fee but saves me paying Sean to take it plus having to pay dump fees). Need to order Chris's new bed and mattress. his desk will be refurbished at his request!
So that about covers my day. It's beautiful out, we reached 72° today, but dropping tomorrow and possible rain. I'm going to relax a while then go check the shoulder roast I put in oven this morning to slow roast. Used recipe of a 7 yr old Grandaughter of someone in a group I'm in. The granddaughter plans and cooks every Monday! At her own request!
Karen ,what deck stain do you like? I have redwood decks I need to buy a quality product for that will last more than six months!
Have a good night all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:01 pm

Sue, I know what you mean about bored dogs. It was raining most of the day but we got in two ball sessions. I stand on the hill and throw her ball so she has to run up the hill. I guess she had enough exercise, she is sleeping on my foot. She is happy if she is touching me.

Sharon, my other dog shed so much. I thought she was worse than the cats. Luna doesn't seem to shed as much. I have an old treadmill that hasn't been used in a long time. I wish Luna would walk on it but she is afraid of it and she has never seen it move.

Anita, all the information about the fly fishing gear was interesting. One of the guys said you can spend as much as you are willing to admit to your wife. lol

Velda, glad your son is doing better.

My grandson's half sister has a birthday next week so I went to Barns and Noble to get her some books. Both of her real grandmothers are gone so I'm the adopted grandmother. :roll: Then I went to Office Depot to get some accounting paper so maybe I can get started on my taxes. I wanted to go to Walmart but it was raining too hard and I didn't feel like getting wet. I picked up a box at the post office so need to wrap the present and go mail it tomorrow.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:15 am

glad that you got the approval Beth... how long will your friends be there to help ou when needed??
what Ocean trip are you planning on doing Anita? my youngest dd lives in Bremerton and my close friends address is Port Angeles but don't think that is actually the town they are closest too.. it gets confusing but I do enjoy that area it is so pretty
when I went to bed last night the murder she wrote was on and the one was where Doc Hazlett gets poisoned by some apples given to Jessica... then part two came on didn't stay up for it when I got up and came in to give mom her thyroid pill the same episodes were on.... less than 12 hours later really don't know how they work their feed out
while talking with one of my dd's today I told her that it seems like every thing I need to do requires me doing something else first .... so I got one of the things done that needed to be done first done... I really need to reorganize the freezer but I needed something to put the items on while organizing it so I cleaned off the stand the
A/F usually sits on when not in use so once I organize the freezer the A/F can go back on it's stand so then perhaps I'll get to that drawer to organize the spices.. just need to have more counter space .... it's a big not sure the term but perhaps I'll get stuff fixed... while going through stuff on stand I found a check that should have been deposited forgot all about it hopefully it will still be able to be deposited
think most of the left over's are done with which means I need to cook again :?
there are days when peanut butter sandwiches sounds good or tuna mom doesn't like tuna a good tuna melt would taste so good...or a cold tuna salad with potato chips and lettuce yum
oh Barbie you mentioned perhaps using elmer's glue instead of mod pog I think you can (or when slime was a big thing) find elmer's glue in larger containers at the craft stores... it would be cheaper than the bottles unless you just need a small amount
Velda so glad to hear that Chris is doing so well
Never like parking after dark either Judy usually because of the size of the 5th wheel I'd get a pull through long enough that I wouldn't have to unhook till later
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee