Wednesday, March 20th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, March 20th

Postby Colliemom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:02 am

Good Morning everyone. Cold and snowy here at the 45th, sun is shining at the moment though. Typical of lake effect. Sun one minute, can’t see across the road the next. Not going anyplace today anyway.

Finished up the installation of the door casings yesterday. Just need to tap the nails in a bit and cover the holes with wood putty. Don’t have any, so will get that next tine I am in town. So today is puttering around day. Will run the vac first and clean my bathroom. I have 3 signs to make, 2 for my cousin and one for myself. We both have generators and buried ground wires by our house foundations. I made a sign noting that and put it where my ground wire is, so nobody accidently digs into it, she saw it and asked if I could maker one. She also has some buried wire from her power box to the generator, so I will make one for that too. Going to remake mine a bit smaller. They don’t take long. Want to go through and gather some things for donation as well this week. And continue to work in my latest Diamond Art.

Our new Menards opened yesterday, so will be checking that out this week sometime. Same type store as Hone Depot, Lowes etc. but bigger. They are really nice stores. I’m having a bit of fun here with some of my neighbors. Thry are wondering if I am signing autographs after being on TV news the other night. I was at that MDOT open house for the new road construction and was interviewed by a TV reporter. https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/mdot ... in-gaylord

Beth, happy to hear your surgery went well. Hoping you can get the next one done next week. Martha, sounds like you had a good time on your camping trip, but sorry to hear you have more MH issues. Barbie, plastic looks good up there.

Guess I had better get moving if I want to accomplish anything around here. Have a nice day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wednesday, March 20th

Postby Irmi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 am

Good morning Sue and all that check in!

Sue, you did a good job on the news clip! Did you ever get your question resolved on the diamond painting you're working on?

Unlike Sue, I was spitting and sputtering this morning when I got up and saw our temperature was 41 degrees. Now, 7 hours later, it is 66 and we'll get into the low 70's with sunshine. At least the winds have calmed down. We'll be a little warmer everyday this week through the weekend.

One of our parishioners died Thursday of last week. There was a Requiem Mass on Saturday for him and the family is having a Celebration of Life on the family farm Saturday. I offered to make ten pounds of potato salad, so I need to get the ingredients for that. Yesterday I made a low country boil, consisting of small potatoes, Italian sausage, corn on the cob and shrimp and seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning. Oh my, that was good! I know, here I go, mentioning food again. Lol!

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Irmi

Postby Colliemom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:32 am

Irmi, to answer your question about my Diamond Pai ting issue, yes it was resolved. I contacted the store I ordered it through and sent her a picture along with what the issue as. She agreed it was definitely not right. She had a meeting with tbe factory people early the next Morning and she was going to talk to them about it and get a replacement. That will take about 3-4 weeks. No problem. Diamond Paintings come from China as no factories in the U.S. make them. It was a Chinese company who originally developed the technology to apply the grids and patterns to the canvas. This store I do business with is in WI and she meets with the factory people 3 times a week. 2:00 a.m. her time. The custom made paintings like I ordered are only as good as the picture you send in. In my case, there is dark shadow in sone places and I think the computer read it as dark blue rather than a mix of black, dark and light greens. It happens. So I just put it away and started another one I have. I’ve got 7 more in my stash, so I can pick and choose. They are sone I ordered off the store website. Only one is a custom that I have yet to start.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:54 am

Mornin' ladies~~~
Nice sunny day here in Apache Junction. Brenda and her Joey will be coming for a visit around 11.

Sue, lots of Menard's in Illinois. It's a decent store. Dad used to say ladies like Menard's better than Home Depot & Lowe's because it's not intimidating to them with their bright lights and tiled floors.

Manager at the park forwarded the structural problems I fully documented, as well as the inspection report and additional pictures to the manufacturer of the mobile. Personally, beside the poor installation of the roof, I think the installers torqued the house when they were setting it. Waiting to see what they say, but either way, but I want a new roof before the monsoons. Fingers crossed, but think I'll be paying for it to get ot done right.

That's it from me. Have a great day. Spring has sprung!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:52 pm

Cheryl, I don't know why, but I preferred Menard's and disliked having to switch to the other stores while traveling. I hate to think that you may be paying it if pocket for other mistakes. But, yes, you need it done right.

I believe I got 10 plus hours of sleep last night. I might have relaxed in bed longer but got up to get going on all my eye drops. Those are important. I don't know if the new drops are making the difference or if it's just adding more drops to the mix, but my eye sees perfectly after each drop. So it needs all the moisture. I know I have to keep up the specific eye drops for moisture for at least 3 months, 5 times a day after both surgeries are completed.

Irmi, I love hearing about what you're making, just made.

Sheila, it's hard to keep things from being so slippery as it's all melting. Just keep being safe.

Sue, I wouldn't have the patience for those diamond art pieces. But I do enjoy seeing yours and others.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 pm

Good afternoon. Just got home from playing Bunco....was fun but I didnt win anything LOL I did get 2 Buncos in a row tho. Nice group of ladies for sure. Something to do for an afternoon a couple times a month anyway.
It is a bit of a dreary day here today no sun in sight all day. But no rain either and it is 61 out so not bad actually. Beth glad things seem to be going well for you with your eye surgery. Hope you can keep your Monday appt. I have my eye doc appt on Monday and it a dilation and scan appt YUCK I absolutely hate getting my eyes dilated. The shots are not fun but at least the discomfort doesnt last like when I get dilated. Takes forever for it to wear off.

Having leftover salmon, potatoes, and brussels sprouts. Then will need to figure out dinner for tomorrow. I need to look at the ads and see if anything appeals to me. So far I only need a few things so just might take myself to the store instead of ordering online. Will have to check the ads first. Might be time for a pot of soup or stew. Maybe a pot roast hmmmmm decisions decisions.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:26 am

we try to usually catch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune ... mom enjoys them rarely get dishes ect taken care of in time to watch Jeopardy but really try to watch Wheel tonight it was really exciting the guy guessed the right phrase (I beat him to it :lol: )
and then they opened up his prize 100,000 dollars wow it was a fun night
that tells my day when I tell about someone who wins on a game show :roll:
just didn't do much today scriptures talked with my sister in law and finished a couple of word search now what I should have done would be much more impressive :lol:
mom is still complaining about her foot hurting... I need to remember and get some new larger bandaids when I go to the store... think I'll not have to go till Friday just saw ad for taxes that reminds me I need to stop at the library or at least call and make an appointment for the tax services that you can get there... it's through AARP I think...
out here we don't have a Menard's and I think that where I lived when living in the Mid West they didn't have one till after we left so not sure that I've been in one more than once or twice... I can usually get lost in the nursery of both stores :?
I think weather is an individual thing Irmi is not liking her temps and I'd give my eye tooth for those temps :lol: it looked like a beautiful day out here but I didn't venture out it it was about 45 or so... and still lots of snow which is receding quickly but still can't plant anything in the containers till after memorial day weekend
my son in law is planning a surprise birthday party for my second born it will be a couple days before her birthday due to scheduling I think got a text that my last born is going to try and fly in if all my kids make it that will be the first time in awhile that they have all been together well how short my memory is they were all together at the wedding reception... it was my grandchildren that were not together
I've started on my new afghan for my granddaughter her colors that she choose remind my of spring maize plum rose maybe it's not dark though so maybe not plum pistachio and country blue maybe light country blue have 3 rows done... it's always helps to get that third row something to hang on too :lol: the first two are really hard to grasp on too should go quicker now
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee