Friday, March 15th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, March 15th

Postby Colliemom » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:37 am

O’dark thirty here at tbe 45th. Was awake a bit past 4:30 a.m. Couldn’t get back to sleep, so thought I might as well just get up. Will probably fall asleep in my chair here.

Nothing much new here. Just keeping busy. Had such a nice Tuesday, that I was able to cut the casing mouldings for bathroom doors. Will install them on a lousy weather day, Maybe tomorrow. Want to remove the nails from the old ones and reuse what I can and then cut those up and toss them in the trash. Have a couple spots to touch up on the walls before Install the new casings. Also spent the afternoon working in the yard. Can’t do much else out there now. Cleaned up the house entrance to sub a bit and also the walking path between the roads. Had my annual eye exam and all’’s well there. Just a very minimal change. Going to get new glasses though. Also my monthly chiropractor checkup.

Started a new Diamo d Paibtibg last night, as had to stop in my custom one. Discovered after I got to one section, that the whole lower half had been done in wrong colors by the factory. Was supposed to be various shades of black and greens for the trees and Thry made it all navy blue :o So contacted the store I ordered it through. She agreed it was definitely wrong and happened to have one of her 2-3 times a week meetings with them and she was like the next morning. Was going to talk to them about it and get a replacement. The major advantage of dealing with small businesses. I have a very good rapport with this store based in WI.

Hope all of you in the path of the storms fared okay. Some nasty tornadoes out there yesterday and last night. Velda, hope you can get Chris’ room back together. Sorry to hear about Sean. Barbie, the flower pictures were beautiful. O’Sharon, hope Buddy adjusts to the treadmill. Beth, I love love your trailer set up. Looks like a nice cozy spot.

Think I will. Hange my bed and do a bit of dusting this morning. Ran the vac yesterday. Might do the kitchen floor too. The power company has tree crews in the area, trimming and cutting trees along the power lines and they will probably be in here today. I have a pine marked for removal and a tree to be trimmed in my yard. They want to keep limbs and branches away from the lines as much as possible. Can’t take down every tree, but anything within 10 feet gets trimmed back or cut. Depends on tree species too. Some like pine trees grow fast and others are more prone to dropping limbs etc. Will head up to town for fish fry late this afternoon with a stop at Credit Union and store in the way.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday, March 15th

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:49 am

Morning Sue, I too am up early today too at 4:00 but went to sleep at 10. I feel rested tho so guess I slept well. My watch disagrees LOL because I didnt sleep for 7 hours. Oh well almost 6 hours and that is my usual. I dont nap during the day because it just screws up my nighttime sleep. It is a chilly morning at 32 but supposed to be 70 today so if it isnt still chilly in a couple of hours I will move more logs into my raised bed. We are going to have sun and 70's until Wednesday. Thank goodness I needed a break from the rain.
Glad you will be getting your Diamond painting replaced. Sad to go to all that work and then have it be wrong. I could never do that. My eyesight would not allow it, but I confess no desire LOL I never did the paint by numbers either. I can do a jigsaw puzzle now and again but that is also hit and miss. I missed out on the artsy fartsy gene but got the techy gene to a certain extent. I also enjoy gardening and always have.
Henry will do his thing this morning and I will change the bed linen, dust, have some breakfast and by that time should be able to go outside without freezing. I dont like to get all layered up and then start shedding it the minute I start working LOL so will just wait until a light sweatshirt is required. Making a chicken and veggie sheet pan for dinner. Have lots of veggies to include so will try and make a small one (hard for me, I get carried away) enough for 2 meals. I have 3 chicken thighs thawed out. Might cut up the veggies this morning and put them in the fridge so they will be ready.
Need ,more coffee then get busy.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby asirimarco » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 am

Good Morning to All - Just a quick check in. It is raining here in Vegas,with lots of wind. The traffic map on TV this morning looked like it had measles with all the traffic accidents marked. Rain is supposed to keep up until tomorrow some time also the wind and cool weather. Next week this time it will be in high 70's. Got a couple of nice surprises this week. Our son who lives in Florida was in town for business so he came to visit. Haven't seen him for around 10 years. Caught up on our lives. And son who lives here called me and asked if I wanted a couple of his cleaning ladies to come over. Of course, especially as Bill had cooked bacon and whole stove was covered in grease. He thought he'd cleaned it but not seeing good, he missed a lot.
Doctor said his eye had improved a little when he got his last shot. Good news. I'm keeping busy with a new quilt I'm making. NOt a big on, just a throws. Using up a lot of old material. Very easy to do too.
Beth glad you got your TT moved. We have to get our RV running to get it smogged and licensed next month. To keep it from being stolen we too out a fuse, but now I'm wondering if Bill can see good enough to replace it. Then of course it will probably have to be jumped to get it started. Such fun, hope I can talk son into coming over and doing it.
Glad to read that health of those that had such bad experiences is getting better. I do read every day...but...
asirimarco

Postby snowball » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:43 pm

read last night but couldn't think of anything to say so guess I joined those lurking :lol:
awhile back I decided to get a can of cinnamon rolls and see how they worked out wasn't overly impressed as nothing tastes like home made ones and we just can't eat that many and no room in the freezer but cinnamon rolls sounded good go thought I'd give it a try as I said wasn't overly impressed but the other day I read this article on how to improve the canned cinnamon rolls decided I'd try it what would I be out a can of cinnamon rolls and some cream... tried it and was surprised that they actually were pretty good not home made good but good... so when and googled and found similar recipes will try one of those... the one I did you put the rolls in a dish and pour 1 cup of heavy cream around them (I used less the article said 1/2 c the recipe associated with the article said 1 cup I did about 3/4 of a cup... and to bake it at 350 for 30 mins instead of at 400 makes more sense to me... and they were as I said good the one I want to try has brown sugar and cinnamon and the cream but don't remember the process so it forms sort of a sauce in the bottom making them more of a sticky bun...
tomorrow having the missionaries over (we take turns feeding them) going to do adobo probably pork wish I could have found some Ube but didn't look very hard when I go to Utah next time will look or it and try the no churn ice cream with it so think we will have brownie sundaes have a recipe for some really good hot fudge sauce made the brownies tonight tried something different with them added chili powder and cinnamon to them... need to cover them up and put my cup from hot chocolate in the dishwasher and start it up...
glad that you had the unexpected visit with your son Carol and so glad that Bill's eyes are showing some improvement ... that was smart to take out a fuse I guess if son can't do it a rv mechanic could but they would be so expensive
Beth when do you have your eye surgery?
that would be so upsetting to find that out with your diamond painting don't you work from the top down? so you had done a lot already
dd #3 is coming tomorrow she likes adobo :lol: so coming to do laundry and have supper with us nephew and his two girls will be hear as well dd is bringing some yarn she wants towels to match the dish clothes I got for her oops forgot to tell her how much to get and getting a couple of skeins for the great gs's hat still need to put the shrug together it's longer and wider than it should be hopefully that doesn't hurt the end product
Carol forgot to mention that the quilt is going to be so nice
and Velda sorry to hear about Sean hoping you can find someone to help with the stuff he would be doing... any idea yet on when Chris will be returning home?
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:02 am

Getting to bed late tonight! Oops!

It rained most of the night here, and off and on during the day. The lower mountains to the west and east got snow overnight which is rare. Was pretty, what I could see between the clouds this morning. Been chilly out but will warm back up to the mid 70's over the weekend.

I got hassled again at work by a co-worker saying I don't belong there because I can't do some of the services and I should just quit. :roll: I sarcastically mentioned it to my manager when I went into the office/breakroom. Apparently she wasn't too happy to hear that because shortly after I got home from work, I got a text message from the co-worker with a huge apology for what she said to me. So my manager must have had a talk with her after I left.

My hydro massages really do make my back feel better! I have to work the next 2 days so will be stopping there after work each day.

I better get to sleep!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee