Thursday, March 14

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday, March 14

Postby Othersharon » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:10 pm

Here it is again , afternoon already. I don’t know where my morning goes! Guess if I woke up earlier that would make a difference! It’s looking like another beautiful day before the rain and low temps move back in. So a walk later with the boy. Just talked to my friend in Myrtle Beach and she was rubbing in the warm beach temperatures they’re enjoying today! Think she said it was already mid 70’s! But at least we’re not getting snow! I finally figured out what was wrong with the treadmill yesterday. The little connector to run the whole thing had 2 of the pins out of alignment. And I sso I nudge them back in line and it works! Why I didn’t notice it is beyond me. That’s how it came so guess I assumed it was supposed to be like that. Buddy isn’t sure of it, it’s a bit different from what they had when he trained so I’ll have to slowly get him comfortable with it. His trainer finally called me back and we went over some of the problems I’m having with Buddy. So basically I need to go back to the first week I had him home and be firmer with him and not let halfway be good enough. So he’s back to wearing a leash pretty much all day again. Buddy, according to his trainer is the kind of dog that I just can’t get by with halfway. He’s stubborn and thinks he should be in charge, if he can get away with something he will and try to take it farther. The give him an inch and he’ll take a mile situation. Beth, glad you got your TT set up and I think your steps look great. Barbie and Ann the photos are lovely. Shirl, so nice that you are settling into your new home. Karen, it’s been fun hearing about your garden and plans for it. Guess break is over and I need to get moving. For sure I need to go to the store today since I’m out of a few everyday items. Maybe later after the sun goes down so I don’t miss the beautiful day! Have a good day and enjoy it.
Othersharon

Re: Thursday, March 14

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:37 pm

Good morning Chilly 30 and foggy when I got up. I was even late to the game this morning. I didnt get up until 6:45 that is late for me. I woke up around 3 and couldnt get back to sleep for a while. I hate when that happens. My watch gave me an excellent sleep score.......yeah right LOL We are supposed to be 61 today, so I hope to get out and keep moving those logs from one end of my yard to the raised bed at the other end ha ha good exercise. I dont have a wheelbarrow but a heavy duty yard wagon that works very well for me. I would just tip a wheelbarrow over anyway, been there and done that alot in my lifetime. Especially when I was cleaning our stalls. A beautiful weekend predicted low 70's. I thought about a drive to the coast but then rethought that as so will everyone else want to go there. I am getting itchy to get out of town for a couple of days. Need to make a plan.

So this was posted today
All of Douglas County is now drought free

Not all the counties in Oregon are so lucky but most of us on the west side are doing fine. I am not surprised with the amount of rain we have had but like to see it official.

Glad Beth is starting to nest in her new home. Sharon is putting Buddy on a treadmill, I am anxious to see how that works for her LOL I hope it works for Buddy. I bought one once upon a time. Thinking I would use it..........nope made a fancy clothes hanger tho. I also bought a stationary bike once......nope too boring. So I gave it all up. I decided exercise could kill me.

Time for me to get busy, fog is starting to lift so need to get dressed and moving.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:30 pm

Good late morning gals!

Went to my dr appointment yesterday. I figured it was for a wellness check. Well, I got there and the nurse hooked me up to an EKG! I had no idea why but figured my dr knew what she was doing so I didn't question it. When my dr came in after that she told me that the psychiatrist had ordered that because of the stimulant he has me on, which can affect blood pressure and the heart. The EKG came out fine and my blood pressure was 97/60. Then I asked about my ears. She checked them and said there was fluid in them but since I am not congested, she didn't know why. She gave me a prescription to clear up my ears.

Just across the street from the drs office is a large open sandy field that was full of wildflowers. So I pulled over on my way out and took some more photos. Will post them shortly. Some of the flowers are just itty bitty, so I take a very close-up shot of those to show the details. They can be easily overlooked but are so pretty when you look at them up close.

Well, they got the weather forecast very wrong! :roll: Yesterday, there was hardly even a breeze all day and nothing over night at all. This morning is a light breeze. So much for the high wind warnings for yesterday and today! :roll: It was much higher winds on Tuesday! :shock:

I have 2 haircuts with a couple down the street who are friends of mine, at noon today. Then find some small projects to do later. Need to do some laundry so I have something clean to wear to work for the next 3 days.

Beth, have fun getting settled into your new trailer/home. That is always fun for me, to decorate a new place and make it my own cozy abode.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:25 pm

I'm finally caught up to date on goings on here. Though I haven't commented, I do read and think about what each of you are doing. It's breezy here today, and through tonight. Karen, I love my treadmill and the few weeks I was off while Chris needed me more hours,so I skipped, I did not feel as good and was more tired. Today was 4 days in a row, back on, and my energy is coming back. It will take a while, but 30" at 2.3 mph is not bad when I've been off a few weeks. I put on a you tube video and the time flies by.
I am in a bind, because, Sean, the handyman had his car totalled, along with his trailer full of tools by a crazy careless driver. He has shoulder and head injuries, and his lawyer, rightly, wants him not working where some spy might see him. Yes I told him That before the lawyer told him that! So I have Chris's room to finish, it's about 80% emptied, which means stuff is stacked all over my hall and rooms! It needs painting, new carpet, and a new bed (which Sean was going to custom build)! I have my friend who painted our house coming tomorrow to estimate the room . Another long time friend is manager at RC Wiley, a furniture and carpet store, will return from vacation Monday, so I'll be talking to him. Sean will not be happy, but it all needs to get done. So, hopefully, I have a plan. Grant (RC Wiley) might even be willing to go see Chris and take pictures to show him. They have known each other since 1986!
Going to have to pay to get back mowed too, also usually Sean's job!
Then had to put a new roof on rental $$$$$
Life is a challenge at times.
I gotta go make Chris his high protein snack and go.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:40 pm

Been making calls to pension and other places where I need to notify them about my aunt's death and send death notices. So, I went online to checkout the account I have with her where her SS and other pensions are deposited. It also has one of my credit cards on it. So, imagine my shock when I saw that the checking account had a $99 billion overdraft, and they suggested I fix it by calling a number or making a deposit! Uh, anyone got $99 billion handy they could loan me? Anyway, took a couple of screen prints of the notice and the account and sent them to other POA for laughs. My credit card account is OK, at least.

Got my toilet yesterday and have someone coming out on Monday to install it. I could probably do it myself, but I know it would require a lot of bending down and being on my knees, and I do not want to kick off my vertigo, so having it done for me. In meantime, i am opening and closing ball closure with a screwdriver, so the toilet does sort of work.

Too hot here this week, but supposed to be a little cooler next week. High today was 87 and supposed to be higher on Sunday. I have another two weeks in this area, and then will be slowly heading north to middle of state and finally to panhandle.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee