It’s Tuesday Again

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Tuesday Again

Postby Colliemom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:38 am

Good Morning on this sunshiny Tuesday morning. March keeps rolling right along. Heading to low 60’s today. Taking advantage of that. I mentioned the other day that I was done with in house projects, but forgot about the fact that I am going to replace the casings around my bathroom doors tomatch the new base mouldings I installed after the new flooring was put down last year. Picked up the new casings yesterday and will remove the old ones and cut the new ones to size. My saw is in the garage, so be a good day to work in there. I don’t think I will install them, but will wait for later this week as rain showers will be around then. Might do a little yard work later.

Reading through the posts, seems like a lot of us are having windy days. Was here yesterday too. Passing that off to O’Sharon as well as this warm weather that I will currently have for a couple of days.

Barbie, hope you had fun at the Putters luncheon. Sorry you are having both physician and work issues. Tina, agree with what you say about PT, back issues etc. I have some deterioration in my lower lumbar area, but as long as I follow my Chiropractors suggestions of not sitting for long periods of time, but get up and move around, I’m good to go. Walking is good exercise for backs as well, so I do that every day Unless it’s storming, raining really hard or low visibility due to snow or fog, where we might not be seen, the dogs and I are out every day. Once I get outside and i to chores, that will help too. I know[list=][/list] people who like you said, have had back surgeries and no it does not cure everything. Shelia, sorry to hear your mom has pneumonia. Hope she gets to feeling better. That’s nice of your church members to come clear your roof. It’s been a few years since I have had to do mine. Judy, hope you are starting to feel better.

Time for me to get cleaned up, run the vac and start removing those casings. Will use them as templates as I go along. Have a nice day everybody, no matter what you are into today.
Last edited by Colliemom on Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: It’s Wednesday Again

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:05 am

Sue, Sue Sue are you trying to age me faster than I already am????
IT IS ONLY TUESDAY
I had to ask Alexa what day it is???? She never lies LOL

I am not totally in sync with this time change yet but not bad. I am still on sleeping time but working on moving it up each day. Meals are good for the dog and I no problem there. But bedtime has changed but still working on it.

Another day of wind, rain and clouds. Oh well I know I want the weekend to get here soon but dont need Sue's help ha ha ha Ain't retirement great, doesnt really matter what day it is unless you have an appt like I do on Wednesday (as in tomorrow).

Time for more coffee
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:47 am

Sue, you were only supposed to jump ahead an hour, not a whole day!! :lol:

I was writing a post last night but went to use my backspace button to change something and accidentally hit the power button just above it and turned off my laptop, which of course wipes out everything. I hate that that button is where it is! I do that a lot! :evil: I was too tired to repeat what I wrote so I just went to bed.

Was super windy again last night and a strong breeze this morning with cloudy skies. The luncheon was good and fun. They used to drag on too long with too many games, quizzes, etc, but we have a new leader and she kept it short and sweet this time. I sat at a table with some ladies I don't know and they were all very quiet. I wasn't much in the mood to chat either so there wasn't much conversation.
My ears have felt plugged up lately so my hearing isn't the best right now either. I found out I have an appointment tomorrow with my primary dr, so I will ask her to check my ears.

Have my appt today with the ortho dr. I made marks on my back with a pen, where the pains are really bothering me now to make it easier to show him. These new pains almost dwarf the sciatica pain now. I will ask about getting PT again.

The breeze coming in my window smells good since they mowed the grass this morning. Love the smell of fresh mowed grass!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:51 am

Wednesday?

Oops. . . I think I lost a day somewhere. . . :o

Anne
Last edited by Cudedog on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:53 am

Anne, she sprang ahead a whole day instead of just an hour! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:55 am

BarbaraRose wrote:Anne, she sprang ahead a whole day instead of just an hour! :lol:

Oh, thanks! That sounds like something I might do. . . have done. . . now, dang it, where are my keys?
:lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: It’s Tuesday Again

Postby Colliemom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:44 pm

Thanks to whoever corrected that error. I realized a while after I posted that I had put the wrong day, but then I got busy and forgot to come back and change it. But somebody’s got to keep you gals on your toes anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:59 pm

I changed her header, but her post still says Wednesday. I had to sign and date paperwork yesterday and wish I could have only had to remember the day. I screwed up the date more than once lol But I'm loving the comments about Sue's error.

I have the things I don't want bouncing around on the bed of the tt, so ready to move it tomorrow. I swept and rinsed off the stairs, so they're ready.

After meeting with the doctor yesterday I decided to splurge and get option 2 of my 3 options for surgery. I'll be on a tight rein financially, tighter than usual, but will make it work. So I should only need glasses for reading. Funny, as right now up close is the only time I don't need glasses. And I àcan buy cheap readers. I'll probably need to buy several pairs to have with me lol. I won't find out until Friday what time my surgery will be scheduled Monday. I'm actually hoping I get the earliest time (5:30) because I'll be in and out quicker, but I don't get a choice. The surgical center handles who goes where/when.

Ha, I got interrupted and see you came back and found it fixed and then you fixed it in the post, Sue. We're at the middle of March and I still have to think about what year it is.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:54 pm

Got up to fog but sun is out now. Low temps looking ahead are 31 so thinking I can get my big planter with spring bulbs out of the patio closet! See if I had success.

Sue, I wouldn't normally catch the day, but I knew it is Tuesday because of BFF's birthday. I believe it's Sheila's youngest daughter that has pneumonia. Beth, you have a lot going on! Think I saw a photo of you with phone lanyard so I bought one especially for upcoming trips. There have been a couple times my brother has called and I couldn't find my phone and had to call him back! He thought it was funny. Barbie, good advice for you to pay attention to exercising your back.
Martha, the reuse of first names has been a nightmare along with surnames of Smith and Jones!

Haven't accomplished much yet today so will start in the kitchen.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:58 pm

Anita, the lanyard for my phone has been a lifesaver for me. I almost never forget my phone anymore. My neighbors in this park just each ordered one for the Alaska cruise their going on this summer. I hope it helps you to remember your phone.

Pretty boring day for me. The same neighbors texted me early afternoon when they realized they'd be gone longer than they expected and could I walk their dog. Of course. He got out twice with Ty and I before they returned home. These are the same who are taking me for both my eye surgeries. I will definitely miss them. I'm sure we'll get together but I reminded them if they switched parks my dog walking abilities would still be available. Lol They are also pulling my tt to it's new home tomorrow, with my steps in the back of their truck. Last I saw we could hit 90 tomorrow. I want expecting that!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:49 pm

I bought some cara cara oranges the other day they are normally really good but very juicy so decided that I would cut them up not the best move... and this one wasn't that great not sure it it's cause it's old or what... Anita is right Sue it's my youngest with pneumonia and hopefully she will feel better soon just remembered I was going to call her and see how she is feeling it's not that late there but if she has son in bed then she would be wise to go to bed as well... so I won't call tonight will do so tomorrow...
tomorrow niece is coming and getting the car to have the work done on it think I will have her change the time in it so I quit getting confused about what time it is...
finally a murder she wrote that I don't recall that much of it :roll:
the snow is receding quite a bit driving down the road is lots of water the driveway was so soft (the snow on it) it would be nice if the company would come and get rid of it I assume that tomorrow when they remove the snow they will have to shovel and or snow blow the snow from the drive way and walk deck
I'm really glad that I won't have to take mom to the dr till next week her foot would get really wet... even in the garage there is a leak that comes all the time and it's a puddle right now.. :shock:
went to the store today found some stuff I've wanted read this thing the other day that you add miso to butter noodles and it really is suppose to elevate them to adult noodles but according to the person posting it on Yahoo even her kids liked them...
I think I mentioned about trying this hack on cinnamon rolls so went to see what I could find there was another recipe that I'm going to have to really try if I can find it again
it's chilly tonight but just 30 just feels cold was going to have a cup of hot chocolate tonight but didn't wish I had...
when I had my cataracts removed I decided to just leave it the way it was so still wear glasses there are times I really wish I'd gone with not having to wear glasses except to read but I've spent a life time of taking them off to read...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:56 pm

I took Aleve PM last night when I went to bed and didn't wake up until 9:50 this morning. :shock: I don't know how the cats let me sleep that long and Luna didn't bark. Nothing was hurting when I got up but I went out with Luna to play ball and my sciatica or hip started hurting. I think it's bending over to pick up her ball. I limped around for most of the day and tonight it just quit hurting. I loaded the mower and went and mowed in Maurice. I had to mow high and then low because the clover was so thick. I know we are suppose to have 4 or 5 days of rain coming and I didn't want to have to go back. It was almost too wet but I didn't get stuck. I am always afraid I will get the mower stuck over there. I found a package that had been left on the steps to the old trailer. It had been there so long I couldn't read any of the labels. It's a kit to grow a Bonsai Tree. I don't know that's something I want to do.

Beth, after my cataract surgery I need glasses to read small print but can see my computer monitor which is about 4 feet away. I wear my glasses most of the time because they get dark when I go outside and I got tired of looking for them to read something. But I am forever laying them down and forgetting where I left them. Hope the trailer move goes smoothly.

I have to go get the food I want to bring camping tomorrow. I turned the refrigerator on last night but forgot to check it today. The check in time at this campground is not until 3:00 so I don't have to be in a big hurry to get on the road. I should have washed the motorhome but it's suppose to rain every day so maybe it will wash the dirt off. I need to remember to go to town in the truck. I noticed that the inspection sticker on the truck expired in April, 2023.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:59 am

[quote="Acadianmom"] I noticed that the inspection sticker on the truck expired in April, 2023.

hmm it does sound like you need to take it to town
sheila
snowball

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:10 am

After my cataract surgery I decided to just wear my glasses full time. My trouble right now is with this prescription. Each eye is different. Thought I would adapt but it’s still bothering me. I am going to get my eyes checked again and see if something can help.
Beth hope all good well with your move.
I did find a pair of clip-on sun glasses I like. Saves me from buying a prescription pair of sunglasses.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Morning Coffee