Sunday with the Time Change

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday with the Time Change

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:07 pm

I don't care which time anyone picks but pick one and keep it! I hate this. I did my best to go to bed early. I don't know what happened outside around 1 am but Ty was up and barking and took 15 minutes to calm him down. Took another couple hours before I got back to sleep. There went the best laid plans of getting up early. Lol Plus it was cold this morning. Heck was still under 60 degrees at 11 and only is 65 now. We did get a good walk as it wasn't windy like yesterday.

All my dogs have loved most veggies. For any of you who might remember Tips, he dug all the green onions out of a garden every year. We all know dogs aren't supposed to eat onions but he managed to get every one of them and it was a couple years before we caught him. We all thought deer or other wild animals were the culprits. Tips was a picky eater, but obviously loved onions and didn't understand why I never shared them. I always shared (still do) carrots.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Sunday with the Time Change

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:08 pm

I slept pretty good last night but I like getting up early and the clock in the bedroom said 5:30 Perfect. Until I realized I had not set that clock last night...good grief now it is 6:30 I'm late I'm late LOL I took the dog out and it was still pitch black out there. I love it lighter later in the evening but I wish they would just stick to one or the other. I can adapt ONCE. I had a harder time last fall with the time change, not sure why but this time not so much. Arizona doesnt have this issue. It was funny when I worked in Mesquite NV, I lived in Beaver AZ, and all my appts for things were in St. George. All different times I finally set my clocks to coincide with the hospital so I would never be late to work.

It is chilly here too was 44 when I got up, breezy, then the rain came. I am very tired of so much rain this year. my mantra wa "We need it" my new Mantra is "Enough already!!!" It is only 47 now. I dont have much ambition this morning, I did a couple of things and now I am having a salad and going to plant myself right here in my recliner for the rest of the day.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:47 pm

Got up at 10:30 new time - good not to have a schedule I guess. :)

Sheila, the train trip is to North Carolina for the big Slingshot event the end of May. Will actually get off in Washington, D.C. and rent a car due to the late night arrivals in North and South Carolina.

I've been working on Steven's mother's side of the family and yesterday found out one of the ancestors took on the name of the people who raised him so his ancestral line is bogus! It's a large family with many still in North Carolina. My mother-in-law was all about appearances so she would be beside herself! And maybe the 4th cousins who married weren't really cousins! :lol: Still have a lot to sort out!

Have a great week everyone!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:03 pm

Anita, I haven't done much genealogy but it can be very confusing. My dad was John Henry, my brother was John Henry and I don't how many Johns there were. One grandfather was a Robert and there were a bunch of them too. Family names just keep being repeated. My dad was named after his grandfather. One of my brother was named after both grandfathers. I have questions that I wish I had ask my grandparents but they are gone when you realize that.

I got up at 7:30 old time and think I have changed all the clocks. I have an atomic clock so it's always right even if I'm not. lol

I had a turkey and dressing TV dinner for lunch and decide to make biscuits while I was in the kitchen. It was a mix that was getting old so I added some baking powder and they came out good. The mix called for buttermilk and I only had regular milk so used that. I know you can add something to regular milk to make buttermilk but didn't feel like looking that up.

I was looking online for a portable air compressor. I always carry one or two in the motorhome and one went out on my last trip. They aren't very well make so don't last long. I want one that is 12 volt and electric. The 12 volt cord is never long enough for an RV but I can start the generator and use one with an extension cord. Lowe's has one made by Craftsman. There are 2 at the local store. Hope there is still one tomorrow because I don't feel like going to town.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:20 pm

Made it through the time change, but this cold is messing up my sleep. Had to get up at 6:30 am last couple of mornings to make reservations at a campground on the north shore of Lake Superior, but missed getting one of three available slots yesterday, so had to try again this morning and was successful getting a spot overlooking the lake for four nights in August. But I stayed up another hour trying to find a spot for the one night I had missed the night before, and was successful finding a very nice city park not too far away. My goal is to stay a couple of nights at each stop and not drive too far between campgrounds, but there is not much on the TransCanada Highway north of Lake Superior. Anyway, I have spots in Waterton, Lake Louise, and Jasper, but filling in spots in between.

Went back to sleep at 8 am and got up at noon, but I am still wiped out from this cold, so can see that I will be heading to bed really early tonight. Hard to sleep when you are stuffed up. Throat is slowly getting better, at least.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:03 am

Martha as a kid I was always told to add vinegar to milk to sour the milk when a recipe called for sour milk now they say the same thing only call it buttermilk to me it's not butter milk it's a totally different liquid but that is my humble opinion... :roll:
mom has been sitting there for 5 plus saying I need to go to the bathroom so do I :? she has finally headed that way will go when I hear leave the bathroom... wish there was two bathrooms on the main floor...
I don't like the time change it used to make since for the farmers it no longer does just wish they would choose and stay with it ... if you look at the time it gets dark in the summer time on standard time it's not that early like 9 or so she is back ... :lol:
and I'm back grabbed a glass of water on the way need to try to drink more water...
got the shrug undone now to figure out how it goes together
did the normal nap and some scriptures the nap was a bit longer than it should have been... so had crackers and cheese apples with peanut butter... the apple's were good it was a cross between honey crisp and another I forgot to look at the bag again... but finally remembered the honey crisp... one day I will get the full information
other than that it's been a quite day heard my nephew come in and leave but heard him tell his grandma something not sure what it was not about the car texted his wife about it to see if anything had changed on it... it hasn't she will pick it up Weds and take it to the shop and have the repair work done on it sure hope we don't have to go to the dr again....
mom hurts a lot says it's her feet but to me it's not much different than normal will also get her pain pills that he prescribed and see if that helps...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee