It’s Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s Friday

Postby Othersharon » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:39 pm

Good afternoon all! Buddy and I just got back from a nice walk plus I took all the cardboard to the recycle bin. Sometimes I’m amazed at how much of it collects. Temps made it up to 57 this afternoon but with the wind it feels much cooler plus the sun is gone. Rain supposed to move in again tomorrow and then snow flurries on Sunday. So probably a stay inside couple of days. Otherwise nothing going on in my world today. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Othersharon

Re: It’s Friday

Postby chalet05 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:10 pm

Good lazy afternoon -

Sheila, sorry your mom is having an issue, but I'm glad you finally made it home. I also wonder if she bumped into something or dropped something on her foot. Judy, happy to hear your son is doing so well! My regular shows are set up to record automatically, but searching the free sites for something to watch is tedious.

My brother got his chemo schedule - 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Since he hadn't started treatment yet, he got to work 4 days this week and was so happy to be back at it. Now we wait to see how he reacts to these 3 drugs. We have had some sun but the wind has been awful. Suppose to be nice and in the 60s next week!
Anita
chalet05

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:36 pm

Good afternoon. Good to see you back Sheila. The sun is out today but was only 27 this morning so waited a bit to go out in the yard. Did a little yardwork, starting to move the logs into the raised bed. They are pretty heavy so didnt want to stress my back so only moved a few. Hey a few each day and I will have them all moved. Then can start dumping my yard debris, of which I dont have much but want to trim the tree out front Japanese maple tree. It is so old wish I could just take it out but then that would be alot of work. So will just trim it up and put the sticks from it in my raised bed. Then can start dumping the manure and compost in. Waiting for the stores to have it on sale before I buy it tho.
Anita good to hear your brother is happy to be back at work. Lets hope his chemo doesnt affect him too much.
Just finished a load of laundry and dusted. Heading to the store for a couple of items mainly because I just want to get out of the house LOL Just might pick up an afternoon Mocha.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:52 pm

Couldn't get on line yesterday but that was because my battery on my laptop was almost dead. When I went to plug it in, I saw that the metal piece that goes into the laptop had broken, so I quickly went on Amazon to order a new cord before my battery went completely dead. Got the new cord this afternoon and got the laptop all charged up now.

Also have an issue with my phone. Got a message that I am out of high speed data. I have never had that happen and don't even really know what that means. Something to do with my wifi? Not sure, so will have to contact Verizon and find out what I need to do. Can't do my color-by-numbers now and I am going thru withdrawels! :shock:

Yesterday, I went to work in the morning even tho I wasn't feeling too great. Just a little light headed and my stomach was a little off and feeling tired. Made it only an hour before I asked to go home. I was so shaky, I could barely get thru a haircut. Still feeling off yet. Maybe a stomach bug or maybe my stomach is irritated from the new meds. I haven't taken them for a few days now tho. Or maybe something left-over from Covid. Feels kind of like hunger pangs but I feel it even after eating. Just kind of an acidic feeling.
On my way to work, a piece of trim on the drivers door blew off! I turned around and came back that way. Once I saw where it landed, I pulled into the gas station right there and ran out to get it. Had to dodge a few cars tho! :o Not really :lol: . I was careful and waited until there were no cars coming. I plan to go in to get my oil changed with my regular mechanic next week so will see if they can put it on so it doesn't come back off again.

Have today and tomorrow off. I work on Sunday and then 4 days off. I did a haircut at noon today down the street. Then at 1:00 a lady from Putters came over so I could help her with a costume wig for a fun 60's dance party tomorrow. I ended up just cutting the bangs and we put a headband on it to hold it on and give the 60's hippy look. She was happy.

Romeow has started a new habit lately of straddling one of my legs while I am in bed (over the covers) and doing the biscuit thing with his front paws, stepping back and forth with his back feet, and humping my leg! :o It is very disturbing so I kick him off the bed. One time he even tried mounting Sophie before she bit him hard and sent him running. Not sure what that is all about. He was neutered just before I adopted him. Never did anything like that before until just the past couple weeks. :?

Still need to put the window film on the plexiglass yet. Will do that tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long. This morning I just cleaned up the house before that lady came over. We ended up just working on the wig in the porch.

Weather has been windy and we got rain the other evening. Today was nice tho. The snowbirds are slowly starting to head out now. So a slow exodus for the next month or so and then it will be a ghost town again and getting hot. :roll:

I decided that if I am going to be here all summer again, that I need to get back to working on my gourds. I really miss that. I have had all my stuff packed up and in storage for the past year and a half now. I think I will just take out some smaller gourds and my wood burner and just start practicing working on that skill since I haven't done much of that and it is a big part of the gourd art process. That way I don't have to bring back all my supplies here to begin with.

Have a good night.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:40 pm

I didn't do much today. We were suppose to have some storms and was under a tornado watch most of the day. All the storms went North of me again. I only got a little rain. It must have been a cold front because it has cooled off to 67. It's suppose to be in the 60's tomorrow.

I finally put Luna's harness on her. I don't know if she has ever had a harness on but she was excited to try it on. We went for a short ride in the car. I have a short leash that goes thru the seatbelt to keep her in her seat. I think the people I got her from made her sit in the back seat. I put one of her stuffed toys in the washing machine and dryer tonight. It says to only wipe it clean but it smelled like cat pee. My cats are a$$holes. It came out fine but Luna's not too sure about it's new smell. lol

Sheila, glad you made it back. Hope your mother is doing better.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee