TUESDAY 3/5

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

TUESDAY 3/5

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:55 am

Good morning. Chilly here this morning with about an inch of snow. We are 31 and it isnt melting yet but will. I think it is pretty and I have no where I have to go today. I can drive in the snow just fine but lots of idiots out there. They scare me.
The man from Energy trust/Pacific Power came yesterday. Was a very interesting process. Fans, probes, tape over all the registers except one. Measured the force of my heat coming in. Didn't have to evaluate my doors or windows as they were new but he checked the seals on the doors. Checked the water heater. It is new in the last few years as the old one exploded LOL before I moved in. But there is some floor damage underneath that he said I should have fixed in time. So will plan on doing that later on. I dont have much clearance under my house here so he couldnt really go too far but said the pressure check told him what he wanted to know and said my ducts had a barrier around them so I was good. Adequate heat, no heat loss from the heat pump to the furnace to the house. All good news. And for FREE even better. Also plugged my "mousy hole" where a furnace line goes under the house.

Nothing much else going on here. Caught up yesterday afternoon on my weekly shows. I like the new show Tracker. Not full of violence and car chases so I like it LOL Made a crockpot meal yesterday and turned out really good. Beef thin sliced
in broth with seasonings and onions. Made a cup of rice, poured the beef over it, and cooked my Broccoflower (hybrid of broccoli and cauliflower) I wanted to try it and see what it tasted like. Cut it up and mixed it in my casserole dish, was good, have leftovers for today.

Have some paperwork to do this morning and Henry will be back on the job after his maintenance yesterday he is all spiffed.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: TUESDAY 3/5

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:18 pm

I have rain all around me and I can hear thunder in the distance. It is worrying Luna, she’s under my desk. When I went out to feed there is so much static electricity in the air the hair on my arms was standing up. Wasn’t too sure about being outside so hurried up.

Just realized that it’s already March 5th and I haven’t even started my taxes yet. I hate that so much but can do most of it in one day if I will just get started.

I have my Cattle Women meeting tonight. We will have a meal and just have to bring a drink. We will have the 4-H posters to judge. Not something I like to do.

I made an appointment to get my hair cut on Thursday. I was trying to let it grow out some but it is just wild.

Better post this before my internet goes out.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:21 pm

Ok, went the other way here. Supposed to see 90, possibly above, today and the wind is non existent with high humidity. We will get a little breeze later this afternoon. TY is begging to go out but I'm not looking forward to it. Luckily I know he's not realizing it hasn't improved since we were out last.

The park managers know I'm leaving now. We talked for an hour or more yesterday. My neighbors are set to move the trailer on Thursday of next week, but if they have any problems the husband manager offered his services. Wife manager told me to expect a call from the wife owner, but so far it hasn't happened. Now I'll mainly concentrate on getting the move done and doing all my eye appts. 7 scheduled (that includes the two actual surgery dates). March will continue to go quickly!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Shirlv » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:08 pm

Afternoon All, had a lovely warm day on the sunporch on Sunday. Daughter grilled sheskabob, delish. I’m having leftovers in a salad for dinner. Weather is back to normal 50’s-60’s and rain now and then which local farmers appreciate. Just found :Da local business which I want to support. Bee Ceazy Honey Farm. I use honey in stead of sugar in tea and coffee. I thought local would help with allergies.. After searching, not sure that is true. Will still support farm, we need bees. The smoked salmon quiche was very good, have several portions in the freezer.

Karen, always a relief to have an inspection go well.

Beth, glad your move is out in the open and manager even offered his help. The owners wife needs to have written requirements for renters. The color of porch steps is a stupid one. People should have some freedom. I love polka dots. LolAre your neighbors moving with you?

Reading is very difficult so my thoughts are with everyone dealing with life’s challenges. The world has certainly harder to deal with.

Daughter got a cool gift for Christmas, a solar powered flagpole light. We need a little more sun. lol

Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby MandysMom » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:47 pm

I'm slowly catching up to current posts. Chris stood yesterday and took two steps. Today they hope to have him practice standing and pivoting to sit in wheel chair. He still has back pain, but they finally began a muscle relaxant past Friday. It has helped spasms. He remains anxious to come home. I'm still very symptomatic with Hashimotos amd see endocrinologist again next month after repeat blood work. I'm on endless merry go round of up, few chores, fix him high protein snack, go spend a few hours with him, come home, eat, go to bed and start over. It's freakin hard being so tired all the time.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:35 pm

Velda, please take care of yourself during this time!

Karen, I had to laugh. I went to watch Tracker and discovered I hadn't watched last week's episode. So had to watch that first. I'll watch the next one tonight. I liked it also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:15 am

Velda, life throws us some big curves sometimes. Glad Chris is progressing, but as Beth said, please take care of you!

Karen, glad you mentioned Tracker - I forgot about it being on but have it recorded so will watch tonight. Shirl, your sunroom sounds so inviting! Beth, glad you move plans are coming along! Martha, hope it was a good dinner!

Brother starts chemo on Monday! I finally sat down and finished all the train, hotel and car reservations for the trip to North Carolina with a stop in Kansas on my way home. Next will start planning for Alaska.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Cudedog » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:41 am

MandysMom wrote:I'm slowly catching up to current posts. Chris stood yesterday and took two steps. Today they hope to have him practice standing and pivoting to sit in wheel chair. He still has back pain, but they finally began a muscle relaxant past Friday. It has helped spasms. He remains anxious to come home. I'm still very symptomatic with Hashimotos amd see endocrinologist again next month after repeat blood work. I'm on endless merry go round of up, few chores, fix him high protein snack, go spend a few hours with him, come home, eat, go to bed and start over. It's freakin hard being so tired all the time.
Velda

Thank you for the update, Velda. I have been thinking of you, and sending good thoughts your way - as I am sure all of us have.

Be sure to take a minute or two for yourself, if you are able.

My best wishes to you and to Chris.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee