Sunshine Monday Mo

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunshine Monday Mo

Postby Colliemom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:24 am

Good Morning all. Sun is coming up in a clear blue sky, but not goi g to last. Supposed to be a front coming through, triggering some rain early this afternoon and then again tonight. Temps headed to mid 60’s. We need the moisture since we didn’t get our normal snow pack. NWS posted the Meteorological Winter (Dec. 1-March 1) and here in my area we only had 53 inches of snow, 42 below normal. I think it all wound up in CA. And the TX wildfire keeps rolling along. We will pay for that when beef prices skyrocket.

Barbie, your handles look really nice. You did a great job in picking them out and installing. Judy, I know what you are going through getting your aunt’s estate settled. I got a good look at the process when my dad did his aunts. She was living in the Senior Center apts., so no real estate to deal with. Just Monetary and personal effects. She had compiled quite a number of shares of Ford stock from his uncle working there so many years. At the time of her death, the price was high, so dad cashed it in as part of the estate. We later reinvested it back into the stock market in various stocks and bonds. Everything else went to donation once we had permission from the court to dispose of it however we saw fit. She had everything laid out in her will and once all the legal paperwork was completed, it was a matter of waiting for probate to finish. The lawyer will help you work through it.

Other than an Audiology appt. This afternoon, nothing on my plate this week. So will work on DPing and make another pass through house to take some things to donation. Changing pictures around in living room is done and painters will call when they are ready to head over. If it wasn’t for my appt., I would do a little work in the yard, but it will keep. Started takng an inventory of my emergency food supplies and bought some stuff yesterday. Going through that stuff now that warmer weather is coming. Going to unpack my go bag for and replace some items like Hearingaid batteries, meds etc. that I have packed in there.

So guess I shall get moving here. Have a nice day :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunshine Monday Mo

Postby JudyJB » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:49 am

Started last night out with sore throat. This morning woke up at 5:30 am with stuffiness and throat sore and swollen. Could not go back to sleep because hard to breathe so ended up taking my morning Sudafed and using nasal spray. Still can’t go back to sleep so will try to read n bed and rest. Yuck. I have not had a cold in at least a couple of years. At least I’ve got lots of meds and no cough yet.

Son is slowly adding soft foods but still no milk products or eggs or meat. Getting protein through IV. Doctor appointment next week.
Last edited by JudyJB on Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm

Gads, I can understand the frustration dealing with wills and trusts. I went to an attorney to get my trust changed to make sure his wife got his share of the trust. This attorney discover an error the first attorney made. I continually hope I’ve done every correctly so as to not caused my daughters any problems after I die. I have trouble understanding all the gobbling words the lawyers write.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:14 pm

It's so humid this morning that it feels like it's misting. Everything outside is wet. Who ever put in the old carport didn't insulate it and when it's humid you could skate on it. It's very dangerous. I have put runners and rubber mats. Thank goodness the new carport isn't like that. Charlie threw up in his cage so I had to take the tray out and wash it. Now my shoes are wet too. Luna wants to go play ball but I can hear thunder. They have started putting canned cat food in plastic containers and I have found a couple where they weren't sealed good and the food was bad. I hope Charlie didn't eat something rotten. I'm not going to buy any more of those.

Karen, I don't think our smoke was from Texas. I could kind of see where it started South of me and the smoke just spread. We have been having a few marsh fires along the coast. We had horse trainer friends that live in the Texas panhandle. I hope they didn't lose their homes.

I put out the mulch I bought the other day and I need at least another 4 bags. I kind of doubt I'll make it to Lowe's today.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:10 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I am getting help from the lawyer, and in fact, just sent him a long email with numbered questions. I had not even thought about life insurance policies, however, so will add them to the list of potential things.

One thing I have asked the lawyer about was being bonded. He had mentioned it earlier and i want to make sure he does this for me and even the other niece, just in case. Luckily, no one but me is mentioned in the will from my side of the family, and there are not many of us left anyway. The only real problem is likely to be my aunt's older sister, who is the only one left out of four kids, but she is certifiably nuts! She is 98 years old and lives in assisted living, but she has spent most of her life trying to make other people miserable. Her children have passed away, but stopped talking to her decades before they died. Even her grandchildren will not talk to her! And she was a problem for us as she insisted in calling my aunt and demanding she do certain things and calling her a liar and even calling us liars when the memory care facilities asked us to stop allowing her to call because she made my aunt cry all the time. Other POA and I have legal right to decide where to put her ashes, and we discussed with aunt for her ashes to be put together with my uncle in a military cemetery. She liked the idea, but this sister wants us to bury aunt next to her in a dusty cemetery in Texas!! No way! Don't know how staff in her facility puts up with her.

One document the lawyer was going to send to her and the others was something that waived her rights to get a certain document. I told lawyer that the words "waived" and "right" would send her into ranting and cause her to never sign. He said that in her case, he would just send her the documents. Purpose was to save time, but better not to involve her unless he had to, as she will do stuff just to make people angry.

Was not able to go back to sleep this morning as head was so stuffed up, and I had had trouble getting to sleep night before, so I am really tired. Nose at least is not as stuffed up now, so might take a nap.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:39 pm

Been doing nothing today. Just watching YouTube videos. Did pay my taxes and fill out the renewal for my health care thru California's ACA.

I got a text message from my agent this morning saying, "Our showing today just cancelled due to an emergency. They will try to reschedule". I was never told about a showing today! :o My house is in no condition to be shown (dirty dishes, dirty laundry, cat hair all over, etc). I was not happy about that. :evil: I texted him back saying he never told me about a showing and that I need some advanced notice so I can make the house look nice. He said he thought he had called me about it the other day. I have no record of a call, voicemail, or text from him. :roll: I am sure glad they cancelled. I would have not been a happy camper if they had showed up unexpectedly today. :shock:

Been breezy with higher gusts in the afternoon. Cooler out so felt good coming thru the windows until the higher winds started. Closed all windows again.

Nothing else new here. Just a boring day. :roll:

(I thought the Putters luncheon was today but it is next Monday. Last Putters day is tomorrow).
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee