Blustery, Cold Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Blustery, Cold Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:23 am

Morning from the blustery 45th. As e pected, the cold front came roaring through around 2 a.m. this morning with a storm and heavy rain. Since we had already been stsrting to cool down, Storm itself didn’t amount to much. But it did get Piper all hyper, which in turn kept me awake for an hour :roll: . Sone areas down state got hit hard including what may have been a small tornado near Flint. After a record breaking warm spell yesterday, we are currently at 18° with a windchill of 4°. So, O’Sharon, be prepared for a reality check. Blowing snow out there too. Schools are closed all over northern Michigan and the Eastern. u.P.

So I’m going to tackle my living room this morning. Want to do some changing around of pictures, couple will be heading too donation. Decided to wash the walls too while I am at it. Always smells so god when that’s done. Will run vac in rest of house while I have it out. That picture is all over here that one is going out that one is going out. That’s why I’m here. I’m not sure that’s a possibility. A picture frame that’s gonna go over there. Just one of those is going down there the other one, but up on the other wall mirror for now.

Better get with it here. Slept a bit later than normal, just finished breakfast. Scrambled eggs with diced ham and shredded cheese, small serving of sliced peaches. Need to get dressed , take comforter out of dryer and put other bedding in. Have a nice dsy all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Blustery, Cold Wednesday

Postby Irmi » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:30 am

Good morning Sue and all that check in!

I need to wipe our walls down as well. And like you said, it smells so nice and clean. I have a friend that lives and works in Flint and she sent me pictures showing the damage a street over from where she works. Unfortunately, there was lots of damage from that tornado. Hopefully no one was hurt.

I woke up to 60 degrees this morning and it's been a long time since we've woken up to these warmer temperatures. Today is the first day since later last year that I didn't put leggings on under my jeans, and for me, that's a real accomplishment. Lol! We got to over 80 degrees yesterday and should do the same today as well. Steve will be cooking a baby back rack of ribs on his Egg for dinner and I'll make a couple sides.

Stay safe in this crazy weather.
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:28 pm

The wind wasn't bad this morning which was a surprise. I decided to go to the feed store and get cat food for the outside cats. It started raining on the way to town. Went to the bank and the post office. It quit raining long enough for me to go to Lowe's to get a couple of bags of mulch for the roses. Picked up a lunch at the deli and $50 of other stuff. I only went in for a lunch. :roll:

Barbie, hope the new medicine works better for you. That doctor's office wouldn't make me feel very confident of their care.

Irmi, glad you are getting some warmer weather. I don't know how our warm weather has been missing you. We are supposed to have a cold front come thru later

Someone on facebook posted that we weren't getting local channels because they were repositioning a satellite. I don't know when they came back but the local channels are on again. There is something wrong with the weather channel forecast. They are saying the high for the next 4 days is 92. I don't think so.

Sunday when I went to Lafayette I passed a Ford dealer that had a van on the lot. I looked it up online and they want $98,000 for it. :shock: It's not a camper van it's a customized passenger van.

Stinky and Luna are in here bugging me because they want me to go open Charlie's cage so they can eat his leftovers. Boy, Luna learned that fast.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Othersharon » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Sue, appreciate the warning! Was 57 for a good part of the day but just awhile ago temp started dropping, now 47 and very windy. I have my garbage can ready to go out but still debating on the wisdom of setting it out for tomorrow’s pick up. Don’t need it blowing over and some animal ripping open the bag! Plus we had a thunderstorm last night and it’s been raining hard off and on today. I managed to get Buddy out in the backyard between fronts. But last night it started just as I was going to take him out for the last time before bed. He was wet and so was I! Son was on duty this morning and texted to see if I was up yet. I had just come downstairs and was getting Buddy ready to go out, hadn’t even had coffee yet. Buddy minded me a bit better this time so I have hope we’ll get through this not listening to me. That happens when he gets in his mind he wants to greet a person or other dog and he completely tunes me out. So again work in progress! Otherwise it’s been a quiet day for me. Got to the store yesterday finally. I kept putting it off for one reason or other. Geez, I was looking at the beef prices and just couldn’t believe the price for a small roast. I passed and got a buy one, get one free pork roast. Marginally better price but still high. Didn’t get but the roasts and a package of chicken and almost wondered if I’d need a bank loan! So now I need to fix some dinner for me and feed the boy. Have a good evening and stay safe.
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Good afternoon. Weather wasn't bad this morning but now it is windy and light rain, guess we have another storm here now. I went out and did a couple of errands this morning before going to Costco. Picked up a rotisserie chicken, and a few other things to the tune of $80 which is much better than the over $100 I usually see but I didnt really need too much. I see gas is going up again I paid $2.99 a week ago and now it is $3.39 wow quite a quick jump.
Sharon I looked at meat prices too and it is scary. I am okay with not much meat tho. I buy hamburger mostly as I like to make casseroles, taco salad, tacos, etc I like pasta and veggie dishes so I dont really miss the meat. I like seafood but usually expensive also. So far chicken and pork isnt too high priced. I dont see anything coming down in price either in the near future. I feel badly for the seniors on low fixed incomes. Not so much the young people as they get food stamps and credits. There are alot of programs to help the families with children but not much for the seniors. Kind of sad really.
Off to make my afternoon mocha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Quite chilly with wind here with some rain.

A very different day. I joined my daughter, her co-workers and students on a field trip for pizza/bowling/arcade games and then to a local park. It was good for me to witness the students, their personalities and the interactions with the adults. It was fun and they had a grand time.

Brother had PET scan yesterday. We've seen the results. My brother wasn't suppose to look, but when the doctor called for an appointment for Friday instead of waiting for next scheduled infusion, he went into 'have to know' mode. Three new bone cancer areas and growth in previous ones since last scan 3 months ago. I've made most of my hotel and car reservations for trip to North Carolina, but they can all be cancelled. Haven't bought the Amtrak Rail Pass yet.

Following all of you here, but not much to share.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Anita, I'm so sorry to hear about your brothers new cancer areas and growth. I hope they can get control again.

I'm amazed how much of the country is getting these winds. I was happy to start today without them and get a good walk in but as the morning progressed, the winds returned and got really bad again this afternoon and still not. Oh well. I expect winds in the spring but it looks like they are coming early here.

Nothing special going on here, just another day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:59 am

I think I accomplished most of what I planned to do and some that I didn't plan on doing...
went to the store for a few things with going tomorrow I just needed to get somethings that we needed that 1 banana haha mom's tummy meds it's an over the counter anti acid while there cause it's a store I don't go to as often tends to be more expensive that Smith's I saw something that I needed so got it it all adds up they have a better selection ready to cook type foods sometimes that is what is wanted got a chicken pot pie just needed reheated was really good... larger than most so one was enough for the two of us got some watermelon for mom almost out again a dollar more there but I really didn't want to make two grocery store stops.. went to the bank now caught up with birthday gifts and rest of wedding gifts... plus money for mom's hair cut... just need to remember to give it to sister in law...
we are under weather alert... for tomorrow night which is good... shouldn't hit till tomorrow night...we will hope the time is right for when it's suppose to hit
saw a cute thing of FB today I shared it as it made me laugh
my youngest dd posted a video taken a few years ago her daughter was sitting on the arm of the chair looking out the window and Killer the cat is up close to her... and keeps getting closer and closer till she succeeds in pushing daughter off the chair.... I'm sure that she was indignant about it but it's a really cute video ..
we've had wind as well and suppose to be stronger tomorrow...
Hoping Anita and they can get this cancer under control quickly
have finished the afghan even the fringe will take it with me tomorrow... I think I will send a picture of it to Beth... it's funny though in the picture the green shows up brighter than it does in the product perhaps it was the light...
don't like the thoughts of bad weather with my dd driving down from Washington State not sure when she starts out... I would think probably after at least the boys school is out he is in preschool but they are closing tomorrow so thinking they won't leave till after his school he is really sad about it loves school even wishes he could go on Saturday's
we can hope that spring is a warm one
you all take care
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:54 am

Hate to brag, but we had warm sunny skies today with a light breeze. I even had to turn on the AC this afternoon. :lol:

Went to do the haircut today and realized I forgot all my cutting stuff at work :? . I improvised with some things I have here at home. She has longer hair so I didn't need anything but a scissors and comb.

Took my new meds when I got home from that. It made me a little loopy but not tired. Just kind of tipsy feeling. Will try it again tomorrow and see how I do. Might run some errands first tho. I didn't do much else today other than watch TV and do color by numbers on my phone. I got my plexiglass light panels back today but I didn't think it was a good idea to climb a ladder to put them up, with the way I was feeling. :shock: Dave is coming by tomorrow to fix a window screen that keeps falling off, so I can maybe get him to put them up for me.

I got my faux fish tank set up today and it is pretty! Romeow isn't too impressed. He must know it isn't real fish in there. I like it tho. :D

Anita, sorry about the set back with your brother.

We need an update from Velda about Chris.

No news on the showing...maybe the next one. :?

Have a good night and stay warm and dry!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee