Sunday afternoon

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday afternoon

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:54 pm

Laundry done, bed remade all else put away. Vacuumed, etc. Pulled a few more things to put in the tt. Visited with my neighbors. It's a good afternoon to stay in the AC.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Sunday afternoon

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:18 pm

Good afternoon. Was foggy this morning so waited a bit to run my errands. Been working on my raised bed and finally have it all together....except I needed 3 more screws. Of course I have umpteen screws but none of them fit the wing nut I needed to use and didnt have any others. So went over to Lowes (next door LOL) and finally after much looking at tons of screws a gentleman that worked there helped me. I was in the wrong bay looking, I needed the metric area. He found them right away. I had a picture of what I needed and brought one with me so I was covered. Then had to go to Safeway and pick up my grocery order On the way home the fog was lifting and some sun peeking thru. Then I put away the groceries, and went out and put in the three remaining screws needed. SO I am done with putting it together. Got it positioned where I wanted it as it is never moving obviously. Now just need to move the logs in and start filling it. I will need some bags of compost, vermiculite, peat moss and garden bed soil. Probably a bit of a spendy proposition but once it gets mostly filled then you just leave it alone.

Laundry is in, Henry vacuumed now time for some lunch.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Redetotry » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:23 pm

It's been a beautiful day near 70 with lots of sunshine. I did a little retail therapy to get out of the house for awhile this afternoon. I found a couple of tops at TJ Max on sale and a toy for Pippa. It's really a baby toy that plays Old McDonald and she was a bit cautious and also fascinated by it. DH said I could put it in her stroller and really become the talk of the neighborhood :lol:

Beth I hope you stayed cool this afternoon. Karen good to hear your big project is almost complete! It will make gardening so much easier and keep most critters out unless you have deer.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby JudyJB » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:54 pm

Camping and traveling is not cheap, but for me it is doable because I do not have the costs of a sticks and bricks home. Also, full timing alone has kept me from getting COVID, since that first year of the disease, I think i used a public bathroom only once, and I was isolated from family and friends most of the time. Being retired also helped.

Been watching red-shouldered hawks around here. There are several of them and are mating, so in a month or so, there will be baby hawks, but I will not be around. Colt Creek is a really very nice state park because it is relatively new and sites are really big and far apart, so it feels very private and is quiet. Only about 35 sites, which means it is not crowded. Very nice tent area, also.

Going to cut a slice off my peameal bacon to see if it is brined enough. Will have to fry it up to see if it is right. If it is, that will be dinner!!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:30 pm

It was a beautiful day here too. It got up to 76 but was windy so felt cooler. I went to the hospice lunch at the Chinese Buffet in Lafayette. I had thought about going shopping but after lunch I started feeling bad so just came home. The food was good but maybe I ate too much. I laid down for a while and now I feel better. Luna and I walked and had two rounds of fetch.

Luna plays hard but so far she doesn't try to destroy her toys. There is a donut looking toy that has been around here for years that probably came out of one of those toy machines. I don't think it would last long around most dogs but Luna is careful with it. I found a new Nerf ball that she loves.

Today is my sister's birthday. She called last night but I didn't hear my phone. The sound is all the way up but I seem to miss a lot of calls. If I'm not in the the same room most of the time I can't hear my phone. It's too big to carry around or put in a pocket. My sister had one of the new phones that folded in half but it didn't last very long.

Judy, I have managed to not get covid either. I have resisted going on a cruise that a few of my friends love to do. Just about everyone I know that went on a cruise caught covid. After spending so much time with my son in the emergency rooms I'm surprised I missed it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:41 pm

Martha, I use an obnoxiously loud ring tone I download to any cell phone. Otherwise I'd never get most calls. And I'm attaching what I use to bring my phone with me. I almost never go without it around my neck. I've had to shorten it, but really like it. Allows me to be hands free and not worry about pockets, etc.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:59 pm

Karen, would love to see your raised garden bed when you are done! How about some photos along the way, as well. Don't know where I am going to end up after RVing, but I used to love to garden.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:55 pm

Martha since I dont even know where my phone is half the time there are watches that tell you your getting a phone call or a text and who is calling. I had that on my Fitbit versa watch for several years and now I have a Galaxy 6 watch. I can answer my phone on my watch but usually dont. I like it for when I am in another part of the house or outside and then I can decide if I need to run in or just call back later. Or in the case of those scammers and telemarketers I just ignore it.

Judy I will take some pictures in the next couple of days. I finally got it leveled and put in the position I want it in. Will start throwing the logs in pretty soon. I have my eye doc and injections tomorrow so it wont happen. I think I might even have a Cat Scan tomorrow but my watch notified me that it is on my calendar but they usually call me a few days before. I also cant find anything in my medical portals for upcoming appointment. I will call them in the morning after my eye appointment and find out if I do. I know my pulmonologist wanted to follow up but I dont remember them telling me when........but it is on my calendar for tomorrow so maybe. My doc appt is at 8:15 and my calendar says Cat scan 10:30 so I have lots of time to verify. Just odd they never called me because they have every time before. You know they want your insurance before they do it. Since I changed insurances but it doesnt take effect until March 1st so hope I really do have that appt tomorrow.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:29 am

Just checking in to say hi! Didn’t do much this weekend except taking Hazel for her walks. Going to make Chick Pea soup. Attempting to get more fluids. I am not hungry nor thirsty. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Morning Coffee