Last Friday of February

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Friday of February

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 am

Good Morning everybody. Finally catching up with you all this morning. Been a busy last couple days. Today is all mine to do what I want and that will be working in my latest DP canvas. It’s what I want to do and that’s what I’m going to do. And later today will go up to church for Fish Fry. Missed last week because of weather :(

Wednesday was good news dsy for me in more ways than one. Got my hair cut in the morning, then taxes done in afternoon. Got some green coming back :D But the best news was Molly’s post op checkup and the checkup of her right eye. Surgery area is healing up beautifully and once the stitches dissolve, that’s it. She can resume her normal doggie life, not that she hasn’t been doing that, but now she and Piper can play if they want. Her right had a couple of small ulcers n it, they are gone. And what uveitis that was in it appears to be disappearing as well. eye pressure is low, her blood pressure s normal as well. And the vet said to discontinue the antibiotic, the which of I was very happy to hear. That one was the three tines a day one, which put me on a schedule per se. It was either take her with me in the truck when I ran errands or make sure I was home in early afternoon to give her that drop on time. And I can go to bed when I want and not have to wait for night time drop. So I was very happy when we left the clinic with all that news. My vet is going to send down the results of what she found to ophthalmologist vet in Rochester to see whether or not she thinks we need to come back down there to have her do a follow up again, or if we can just maintain a plan going forward from up here.

Yesterday I got my rescheduled mammo done. Had it originally scheduled for the day after I made that unexpected trip downstate to the Opthomologist vet with Molly. With all that was going on with her and everything, I forgot about the mammo the next morning. They don’t call or text you to remind you that you have an appointment anymore, so I call and rescheduled it. Then when I finished that I took the 60 mile drive down to the meat processing store what is the Houghton Lake as they had sale on chicken breast and English roast and cannot find that around here. Picked up two roasts, three packages of chicken breast, a package of pork chops a couple small packages of round steak and cheese and snacks sticks and then headed back home. It’s only an hour away, nice drive and pretty farm country over there. So first thing this morning, I will get that stuff packaged up and into the freezer.

Alice, it was good to hear from you as I to have been thinking about you. Cheryl, congrats on the purchase of the new trailer. Sounds like you landed in a good place. The original owner of this house that I am living in right now moved to Apache Junction when they sold the house to the lady I bought it from. . Karen, , have fun painting. I am having the painters that did my kitchen come and do my two bathrooms. I too thought the same thing when you said west, LOL. Sounds like you are enjoying your neighbors. Lyn, good luck getting that hernia taken care of.

Okay, today”s chapter is getting long, so going to quit and wish all of you a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Last Friday of February

Postby asirimarco » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:27 am

Good morning to all, just a quick check in. Today we have been home a week and it was an unusual week. Bill lost the two pair of glasses he got in Mazatlan, somehow they didn't get packed. So need to call the optometrist there and get the prescription. On Monday Bill started to have chest pains, they didn't go away so off to the hospital. They kept him overnight and ran every test they could think of and I think some they made up. It wasn't his heart which is doing great. Good to know. So they think maybe stress, muscle pain or heartburn. We had been through a few stressful days so... We were scheduled to have lab work the morning he was still in hospital so canceled that. Canceled appointment with primary doc who ordered lab work for the next week. Well can't get in to see him until MAY. So also need to reschedule lab work. Told the lady in office that we'd need our prescriptions refilled before then - but didn't mean right away. So now I'm getting calls from CVS that things are being refilled. Also one of Bill's prescriptions, an expensive one, has been changed to a generic. I hope it works.
Our son sent two of his clean ladies, he has a maid service, over to clean the house. Then he called and wondered how they finished so fast. Well the house wasn't really in need of CLEANing - just dusting and vacuuming. convinced him they did a good job.
Have finally got Bill using the Roku TV so maybe in a while we can get rid of Dish - it is getting very expensive. Seems like every service we use and every utility has gone up in the last few months.
He is in a cooking mood - so going to make a big batch of chicken milanese today. Both of us are glad to be home.
Can't believe Feb is almost gone. Las Vegas has already had 24 traffic deaths this year. People drive crazy here.
I hope to get back to my walking, but haven't so far. Weather is perfect for it.
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:47 pm

Sue, I love your long chapter, especially the good reports on Molly. Carol, do you think Bill is missing Mexico more, especially since there's thinking it might be your last trip? That said, I'm glad they didn't find anything wrong.

I just updated my post on the tt in general with some current pictures. Only thing I'll do now until moving is move things inside for travel (TV and microwave onto the bed, for example).

Lazy day here. I did spend more than an hour doing online paperwork for my doctor's appt next week. At least it's done. How I like the place and doctor.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:23 pm

Good afternoon all. All I can say is oh my aching back!!!!!! I got half my raised bed together....OMG it is so big LOL The instructions said average time to put it together is 45minutes. BS BS BS well maybe if you are 20. Took me 20 minutes just to get it out of the huge box (should have been my first clue) and take all the styrofoam and plastic off of it. It certainly was packed well. It is heavy and once you start putting it together you need one more hand just to stabilize it LOL There are umpteen screws in it everywhere. Sure glad I have lots of logs to put in it or the dirt alone would have broken my budget. Once I get it together I am going to trim my tree out front and can put those branches in it too. I will finish the other side tomorrow if I can move. It is the bending and being part contortionist to get the screws in the holes correctly. It was a nice day today so I decided today was the day to put it together. I didnt know it was going to be tomorrow too.

I think I will wash my car tomorrow get the road grime off of it. I know it is going to rain on Monday but it is pretty dirty. I am trying to get as much outside work done as I can before the rain comes back. I got more supplies for the bathroom today but i did not even open the box. That is a project for another day probably a rainy day. Dinner will be fish and asparagus, maybe a small salad too. Right now I am just thirsty so have a big glass to drink.

Martha our Co-op sells medicines do you have a one in your vicinity. I dont know just what they sell. Th USA is the only country that makes you have a prescription for certain drugs ie: heartworm, flea guards etc Barbie you should tell your manager a couple of your clients complained that will probably hold more weight than if you complain. Hey it is worth a try.

OK I am done.....off to stretch out my aching back and take drugs LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:07 pm

I thought I was feeling better this morning, but in late afternoon, i went out and did a couple of small projects, including walking about 80' to take my trash out. Came in and was dizzy and took my blood pressure--it was a bit high and also showed the small heart murmur I have had, apparently since i was a kid. I notice that the blood pressure cuff notices when I get a tiny flutter and shows a shaky heart, but that really does not happen often. I first discovered it when I had presurgery checkups, which was frustrating because I had to have more tests. I had a ton of heart tests a couple of years ago, and about 20 years ago, as well, and was told my heart is correct size with no problems at all, other than tiny occasional flutter I probably have had since I was small. I was told to ignore it, but it is amazing what doctors did not check for when I and many of you were growing up. I don't remember my doctor ever checking blood pressure when I was a child. He also missed the minor sway back I have--which is a spinal curve front to back, instead of side to side. It is apparently the cause of a lot of my back pain, but I did not find out about it until I was 60!!!

So, after feeling shaky and slightly dizzy, I grabbed a glass of milk from the refrigerator since I had not eaten much today. That seemed to help. Also ate dinner. Raining now, and chilly, so I have been inside all day. Tomorrow, I am going out and finishing reorganizing one of my storage bins and putting down the rubber mat I bought.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:02 pm

So my back feels better, amazing what a little chemical warfare will do. Judy not eating much or what you eat can cause your blood sugar to spike and fall You are one of the people that should eat small frequent meals or just 3 meals a day as long as they have fat, carbs, and protein. Small amount of protein and fat goes a long way. Carbs cause your blood sugar to rise and then fall. Carbs and milk help. I dont know if your dizziness is caused by blood glucose spikes or not these are just a couple of suggestions if you want. Could help with IBS also but I am sure you have that dialed in well to manage.

OK all you funny people. Going WEST is a definite option. I am only 1 1/2 hours to the coast. Trust me I will stop when I get to the water LOL I am thinking a coast trip is in my future tho. I need some good seafood. I am thinking of going to Bandon, just south of Coos Bay. Cute little touristy town.

OK back to the tube
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:41 pm

Karen, you are absolutely right. I have a very bad habit of not eating enough breakfast and eating it too late. Just never feel hungry when I wake up, and i do sleep in. A bagel, for example, is not enough to last from 11 or noon until dinner! I need to work on more protein earlier in the day, a snack if nothing else.

I laughed when people told you to go west because I knew how close the ocean is there!! When I was getting treatment at Eugene, I spent a lot of time along the coast between monthly blood tests and picking up a new bottle of pills.

Bandon is one of my favorite little towns!! I often stay a week or more at nearby Bullard's Beach, but I like to go into the old town area and walk around the harbor where all the wooden sculptures of sea creatures are! Also, get there early and head first to the little bakery on 2nd street. Then go next door to the bookstore. They have a lot of neat little things other than books, and one year I did a lot of my stocking stuffing things there. Good little places to get clam chowder or oyster stew in the harbor, also.

Another favorite place is Tillicum Beach Campground, near Yachats. It is a Forest Service campground, but about half the sites have electric and water. And a lot of the sites have ocean views, especially if you can do without electric. I like Site 27, which has a view unless a big RV is parked across the roadway!! Only problem is no dump station, so you have to drive into Waldport and pay $10 at their public dump. Waldport also has a terrific bakery, but it is hidden on a back street and only open a couple of days a week with limited hours. It is called Pacific Sourdough, but has a lot more than just bread. However, on most days, the line is way outdoors! Can you sense a common theme in my favorite places???
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:12 am

I went to the tea/lunch/birthday party with some of my camping friends. Our hostess has put on high teas for us at campouts several times. Some are really into tea and then there's me that makes tea in my Keurig. lol We visited for a long time and I didn't make it home until 5:00.

Sue I have never heard of an English roast and had to look them up. Not something that is sold around here. Glad Molly is doing well.

Judy, I found out that if I get up and take off with out eating breakfast or drinking coffee I am in danger of passing out.

Karen, we don't have any co-ops left around here. One of my friends use to be a vet tech and she recommended a medicine we use to use on the horses.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:38 am

It's been a day!!! nephew took mom's car to the dealership to get the rear lights replaced and oil changed (it didn't need it but try telling a male that I had it done in Ogden at the end of my trip and for sure haven't put that many miles on it ) but oh well ... so this morning I got a call from niece and she told me that a rear something was broken and the car shouldn't be driven :o and that she had called my dd and she said that I could use her car... but had to work it out in the mean time they will make sure that I get where I need to go.... oh my not what I wanted to hear not even before breakfast... so then comes in a text from the brother saying that I needed to get mom to sign a check to take to the dealership so I asked him if he could talk to the dealership and get a better idea of what was going on... seems that the tech had already talked with him and the part wasn't broken it was leaking... :roll: was ok to drive although we are not sure I should take it to UT next weekend... and the part has been ordered won't be in for a few days it would be nice if it would come in while I'm gone so it can be fixed and back home before I get back .. that would be nice so what we are going to do is my son in law will come over and get us take us to I guess his house will get dd's car and take mom to sister in law's and head to Utah I doubt that granddaughter will want to do my hair as late as I will be getting there .. SIL has an appointment at 2:00 was later but they changed it ... so that is all taken care of I think that if my daughter can drop her car off and sil can bring it that will save time not have to load and unload and reload another car.. :roll: guess mom went to unlock the back door and found out the car wasn't there wondered why so I told her then had to tell her about the added issues so she has been unsettled I guess is a good word.. comes down and checks to see what I am doing OFTEN :roll: I had forgotten to put the liner in the garbage can in the bathroom so went to do that and use the facilities and because I really sneezed hard a couple of times that perhaps clean undies would be good I took longer than she thought and just as I was coming back to the living room she was getting up to see what I was doing :roll:
there are days when I want to say HELP lol
but the good news is among all that going on I got a call from the dr's office and my labs were good Colestrial a bit high but thought that diet and exercise would take care of it but I am not diabetic so that is good!!! over all that was ok the results of the mamo wasn't in and the echo the nurse couldn't understand so I'm sure I will hear about that sooner or later
and I finished the rectangle part of the shrug YEAH!!!!! and started the neck thing she had it 7 stitches I did 9 I'm a bit tighter in my stitches so started on it to 5 inches only 55 more to go!!! :o so I basically did nothing but scriptures word search and finished the shrug and on the afghan I have 8 more rows to go...I should be able to take it with me to give to dgd
and hopefully the granddaughter that I'm doing the next one for will be there and we can get the yarn for hers...
Sue thinks she does a can't remember the word but I out did her... :oops:
Carol I'd love to have your son's company up here could use a major clean up... I think it gets to a point when it's hard to know where to start it's nice of him to send the girls over...
Glad things are better for Molly that has got to be a relief
I have to agree with Karen Barbie if the manager thinks others are complaining it will go further especially since you and the other gal aren't best bud's
my youngest sent me a text asking if I sent her an e-mail well no I don't remember doing so... she sent me a screen shot of it had my name and sad update as the subject... but dd couldn't see the address she has decided not to open it up probably a good idea...
good to hear from you Shirl
you all take care I need to end this novel
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee