Thursday February 22, 2024

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Thursday February 22, 2024

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:41 am

Mornin' ladies! If you've got wifi this morning that is~~~

Major AT&T outage overnight but heard is it's coming back.

Some news from me for those not on FB. I bought a single wide mobile home on Apache Junction. it's been on my mind since Dad passed 3 years ago when I no longer had an emergency landing place anymore. BFF from grade/high school just moved to Mesa, cousin and Alice are all near by.

I need a bridal shower, minus the husband part, for all the things I need to buy! :lol:

I'll still be traveling too, currently scheduled to leave end of March. That's need from me. Have a great day ladies. Spring is coming!
Last edited by IrishIroamed on Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Tuesday February 22, 2024

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:55 am

Good morning Cheryl. I think that is a great purchase. And to already have friends nearby is a plus. I never wanted to be a full timer but loved traveling and having a place to come home to. Living in my Motorhome while working was ideal and enjoyed my time off between contracts. I always came home for a few weeks or months. I know so many of my friends have also come off the road due to various things. I was planning on downsizing my Class A to something smaller but then the fire happened and changed my thinking. I am pretty content puttering around the house now. Road trips are always a plus. I am thinking it is time I got out of town for a couple of days. Just need to decide whether to go north or south or west ha ha
Getting my supplies ordered and organized as it is time to start the bathroom. Spring is coming and then I will want to be outside. We are supposed to have a nice weekend then a cold front is coming in Monday and they are saying maybe some snow on the valley floor but I am sure the ground will be way too warm for anything to stick if we even get anything.
I have a few things to do today so going to get an early start since I have been up since 4am. Might be a long day LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: Tuesday February 22, 2024

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:55 am

OregonLuvr wrote:...I am pretty content puttering around the house now. Road trips are always a plus. I am thinking it is time I got out of town for a couple of days. Just need to decide whether to go north or south or west ha ha

West??? Just stop when you see the ocean! ;)
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Thursday February 22, 2024

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 pm

Good Morning, beautiful day its going to be around here today. Cheryl, Apache Junction is a busy place! I gave spent some time there in the past. Good hiking in the mountains. I’m assuming your Mobley Holme is in a trailer park. As I remember there are many in the area.
Alice, it was good to see your post. I’ve been wondering how you are! Barbie, keeping my fingers crossed for the sale of your home! Sandi, all the “birders” use bird calls to help identify birds now. I was surprised at the last Elderhostel I went to how many had little (? Things ) on their belts that gave out bird calls. Wouldn’t work for me with my hearing loss. Judy, that is super good news about your son. Today I am seeing a surgeon about a hernia that has been bothering me. I would rather have it repaired voluntarily than go tor the ER with it strange led.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:47 pm

Good morning gals!

I had a showing yesterday morning but I guess they thought my place was too small. Possibly another showing in a week or so.

Went to breakfast at Denny's during the showing and then came home. Didn't do anything else all day because I was kind of down in the dumps.

I am anxious about working 5 days in a row. I guess I need to just take one day at a time and see how it goes. I work from 12 to 6 today.

There is a bird in my neighborhood that has about 8 different songs that he does, one right after the other. I heard some birds like that once before but don't know what they are. Might have to try out that app.

Textured walls would be OK as long at they aren't a rough texture. I have never had an issue with popcorn ceilings but it seems that most people hate them. I never look at ceilings so it wouldn't bother me.

If I ever get on the road, I would probably eventually get a single wide MH for a home base. The lot rent is what is so expensive on a fixed income tho, so that could be an issue. I am paying $540 HOA here that covers everything but electricity and I can't afford living here without working part-time.

Karen, I like games that don't make me think much. I do enough of that all day!

Martha, I will have to stick this fish tank down with earthquake putty to keep Romeow from knocking it off the dresser! Here is a link to what I bought...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL4CT26R?ps ... ct_details

Time to get ready for work...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm

Cheryl, good to hear from you here. I thought the same thing about Karen heading west. Lol

I spent time this morning in the tt. I actually made the bed. So it's ready for Ty and I when it gets moved. Yes s another rig, another corner bed. This will be a bit easier as I bought a twin mattress instead of the 3/4 full.

Barbie, the right people will come. If only we could predict when.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:17 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:Sandi, all the “birders” use bird calls to help identify birds now. I was surprised at the last Elderhostel I went to how many had little (? Things ) on their belts that gave out bird calls. Wouldn’t work for me with my hearing loss.

Lyn, with the Merlin Bird ID app, it listens for the sounds birds make and then identifies what bird it is by name and provides a picture of it and a description. So it would be helpful for you even if you can’t hear the birds yourself. I often don’t hear the birds either but the app is great at hearing and identifying each bird it hears.

It keeps a “Your Life List” and picture for you of each bird that it has recognized. Mine is up to 83 different birds now and those are just from my walks with my dogs.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:22 pm

Barbie, is it a black bird with long legs and a long tail? If so, it could be a boat-tailed grackle. They are funny birds because they copy a lot of sounds from other birds. They can cheep, whistle, tweet, etc. Some people call them parking lot birds because they hang around parking lots, but I pulled into a campsite once in Texas, and there was a little flock of them. The males are solid black and the females are a soft brown and a bit smaller. It was mating season and the males were dancing, bowing, flapping their wings--doing everything they could short of turning somersaults to impress the ladies. The ladies, on the other hand, mostly were unimpressed!

I am not feeling well today. I have had a lot of vertigo in the past, but none in the last few years, but I started to feel dizzy on bending over about three days ago. Then this morning, I rolled over and got out of bed fast--exactly what you should NOT do with vertigo because it really set me off. Also have had a headache and stuffy nose today. Took some aspirin and did a COVID test, but it was negative. Will test again tomorrow. Maybe go to bed early tonight.

Started making some Peameal Back Bacon, aka "Real Canadian Bacon," except it is not smoked and not bacon. It is a port loin which sits in a brine for 5-8 days and then you slice it and fry it in butter. Almost no fat. Brine is water, salt, maple sugar, pickling spices, and sodium nitrate preservative. Very popular in Ontario and a few other places in Canada. I had brought a bunch with me and froze it, but have run out, so am going to try to make it.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:53 am

I woke up with a headache and took Anacin twice by noon. I was wanting to go to Sam's to get a Charcuterie Cheese and Meat kit for a party I'm going to tomorrow. I made it to Sam's and got gas, what I wanted and a slice of pizza. I really like their pizza. I was trying hard to not get something I would have to freeze but bought a package of stew meat. I divided it up and froze it. I was looking at purses online last night and the last two I bought are sold at Penny's. I went to Penny's and I'm surprised Penny's is still open at the mall. I never see very many cars there. Like everything else, the price has gone up and the quality has gone down. Some of the purses almost look like they are made of cardboard. Today all I see are purse ads on the computer. I missed the phone and internet problems this morning because I didn't get online until I got home. Stopped at Petsmart to see if they had any medicine I could use on Inky but nothing there. Went to TJ Maxx and came out with nothing. That doesn't happen often.

Cheryl, I saw the pictures of your new place on Facebook. Very nice. Looks like Punk approves. I like to travel but like having a place to come home to.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:14 am

I think I'm impressed with the hospital here went in for a Mamo Echo and lab... the short gown they have for you in the mamo area was heated oh yes that felt well :lol: then since I was going to echo afterwards a warm blanket was put over me so I was covered for the short walk and in the lab there was recliners to sit in while the blood was being drawn... and everyone was so nice.... it was a not overly rough day... It's been years since I had a mamo this was much nicer guess it's the 3-D type my dd called before I went and mentioned that she had made an appointment for her first mamo so mentioned that I was going to one... I will have to brag about the heated gown :P since it was a fasting lab I treated myself to a DQ buster parfait way more than I should have gotten should have just gotten the sundae oh well well know better another time. Got the mail and yea the canula's were there it will be so good to change this one... it gets so it won't stay on too well... was going to stop at the dollar tree and get some cards but wasn't sure if the turn to go that way was a legal turn probably was but it's one of those weird intersections so went out to the fish truck had to turn into a spot to google where it was then turned on the wrong road but found my way it was just a street too soon... fish was good even reheated as was the fries they don't normally reheat well I think next time I will put the fish in the A/F first then add the fries in a few minutes the fries where just right but the fish not quite as hot as I would have liked still do able though ....
that is neat Cheryl it will be fun for you to furnish it... you said you will be leaving in March? what are your plans... I always left Q in April was always told we leave way too early as the plants/cactus really start blooming toward the end of May...
That is good to get the hernia taken care of before it becomes an emergency Lyn
let us know how your experiment works out Judy
how far West were you planning on going Karen??? :lol:
Barbie how did your long day go?
Having your bed made up Beth will make it tempting to stretch out and nap when you get tired of working :lol:
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:18 am

Acadianmom wrote:I woke up with a headache and took Anacin twice by noon. I was wanting to go to Sam's to get a Charcuterie Cheese and Meat kit for a party I'm going to tomorrow. I made it to Sam's and got gas, what I wanted and a slice of pizza. I really like their pizza. I was trying hard to not get something I would have to freeze but bought a package of stew meat. I divided it up and froze it. I was looking at purses online last night and the last two I bought are sold at Penny's. I went to Penny's and I'm surprised Penny's is still open at the mall. I never see very many cars there. Like everything else, the price has gone up and the quality has gone down. Some of the purses almost look like they are made of cardboard. Today all I see are purse ads on the computer. I missed the phone and internet problems this morning because I didn't get online until I got home. Stopped at Petsmart to see if they had any medicine I could use on Inky but nothing there. Went to TJ Maxx and came out with nothing. That doesn't happen often.

Cheryl, I saw the pictures of your new place on Facebook. Very nice. Looks like Punk approves. I like to travel but like having a place to come home to.

Martha

Martha if the area that Beth goes into MX at is like it is in the area around Yuma there are good purses there.... all leather and not really expensive I like mine
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:57 am

Luckily, work was slow today. But I got two, yes two $20 tips! Yay me! My problem co-worker was in a bad mood today so I stayed clear of her as much as possible. But when we are slow she will take out her phone and watch some shows/movies on it. She has the volume up, and with all the racket in WM with carts banging, kids screaming, etc, and the radio we have on in the shop (that she keeps cranking up and I keep turning down), the added sounds coming from her phone drive me up a wall. :shock: I am very sensitive to lots of noises going on around me and get anxious from it all, so that doesn't help any. Twice now I have had to ask her to turn it down while I have a customer because of the bad language by the actors of what ever she is watching. I am going to talk to my manager tomorrow about it. Actually, we are not really allowed to have phones (or books that I like to read when slow) out in the shop but my manager lets us get by with it. But having the volume on, on her phone is not acceptable to me at all. I am really getting tired of working there (again! :roll: ).

Watched a little TV tonight before getting ready for bed. I don't work until 1pm tomorrow so I can sleep in again.

I am with Karen for heading west to the ocean! Might be a little chilly there right now tho.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Pooker » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:06 am

Barbie - around here we have the birds with multiple calls and everyone calls them mockingbirds. These have a white stripe down the center of their tail when they open their tail up to fly. We have one someplace outside our window that sings night and day - drives the cats nuts!

Cheryl, congrats on the home base.

Beth - I, too, bought a regular mattress one size smaller than my corner bed and it worked like a charm.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Cudedog » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:18 pm

We also have Mockingbirds here in Northern California.

From "All ABout Birds"

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/why-do-some-birds-mimic-the-sounds-of-other-species/

"Although some birds learn their species’ song during their first year of life, others, including mockingbirds, continue adding to their repertoire as they grow older. Northern Mockingbirds can learn as many as 200 songs, and often mimic sounds in their environment including other birds, car alarms, and creaky gates."

Last year I had a Mockingbird nest in a fairly low-lying, bush (less than 7 feet tall!) outside my back door.

These birds can be aggressive! I first became aware of of mom bird as I was walking Joe past this bush one morning. The bird dive-bombed me, squawking loudly. I couldn't figure out what was going on - this happened every time I went out my back door, sometimes the bird would even land a solid peck on the back of my leg, or the back of my shoulder!

A few days later, I noticed Joe with his eyes fixed on something in the bush. I looked, and there - less than at eye level! - was a nest of tiny baby birds. They were pretty cute - but I was glad when they all fledged, because mom bird would dive-bomb Joe as well - and Joe is quick enough to snatch a bird out of the air if they get too close.

LOL - so of course I started taking Joe out a different door.

There are quite a few funny videos of Mockingbirds giving people grief on YouTube. Here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDSiHbBFwSU

"This species is protected by the US Migratory Bird Treaty Act."

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Shirlv » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:15 pm

Cheryl, congrats on your home. Hope you will post a link with photos in General. So much fun keeping up with your progress.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Next

Return to Morning Coffee