Wed 2/21

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wed 2/21

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:26 pm

I had a sundress out to wear today but when I looked at the weather it's too windy so shorts and T-shirt it is. The wind might keep me from needing my AC, so there are plusses to just about everything.

I'm always happy to hear good news about all those with medical (or any) challenges.

Here's hoping you all have a great day today.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Wed 2/21

Postby Cudedog » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:27 pm

About textured walls. . .

I have had textured walls in my home for many years - I actually prefer the "textured look" over the "flat plain wall" look. Textured walls (and ceilings!) just seems more interesting to me - and the texturing definitely hides my drywall mistakes. :lol:

I have done my texturing with plaster (rather than with paint).

I have never had a problem with the texture trapping dust and dirt - I just "swiffer" the walls, when needed. Which really isn't very often.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 pm

Good afternoon. I went to my Bunco group this afternoon. Lots of nice ladies. 12 of us needed to play but we only had 10 so then there are 2 ghosts LOL it was fun. It is at my next door neighbors house next month so I wont have to go too far LOL They are a nice bunch of ladies. I dont find the game real stimulating and no skill to it at all so it is kind of a no brainer which is fine with me. I go for the social contact hah and the snacks were good. Mary is bringing me some stew for dinner as she said she made a big pot and would bring me some.......yum.
I watched one of my shows I like this morning while I was having coffee. I want to try to keep up with them but sometimes I just dont have any time. Oh well at least they will be there when I want them. I ordered another antenna like the one I got for the family room as it works really well it should be here Friday. I will just switch out antennas in the living room then I will be good to go on 3 tv's ha ha I like options. One of the ladies bought a Roku stick but cant figure it out so of course I volunteered to help her and her hubby. I am kind of a Roku queen now. I got my next door neighbors all hooked up with one last year and they cancelled their Spectrum also and have an antenna for the locals. They have been happy with their new bill. Finally met the lady across the street from me at Bunco. Really nice lady I enjoued her. I havent ever seen her since I moved in here 3 years ago ha ha Well going to kick back and watch another show.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:09 pm

I went to the Meetup dinner yesterday at a new restaurant. I was describing the menu to my son he called it Asian Fusion. All the sauces they had were too hot for me so I got fried shrimp with fried rice, no tartar sauce or soy sauce for the rice. It came with a boiled egg in the middle. Unusual! It's fun to visit with everyone even if the food wasn't that great.

Barbie, your co-worker needs to call her boss if she needs to go home and not try to make you take over her work. I'm so glad to be retired and not having to put up with that anymore. I will have to look up the Faux Fish Tank but my cats are so wild they would probably break it. Sorry your family isn't nice to you.

BJ, hope you are out of plumbing hell. I saw the neighbor messing around with the water trough in the pen where his mule is. I didn't go out because I didn't want to get involved. If he wants water for his mule I'll let him figure it out.

Karen, I have watched a couple of the Will Trent shows and liked them. The last time it was on it was at the same time as Finding Your Roots so I missed it. I seem to do a lot of looking for things that I think I put up. I had been looking for a book of checks for a week and finally figured out that I hadn't taken it out of the folder it came in. I had just taken out one check.

Decided to go to Tractor Supply to look for some medicine for one of the cats. Inky has a sore on his neck. Probably from fighting. Couldn't fine anything at Tractor Supply, Petsence or Walmart. I just put some Neosporin on it. He can't lick it so should be ok.

Beth, I think your wind will be here tomorrow. The weather report is for us to have 30 mph winds. :shock:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:56 am

plants are happy I finally watered them one day I ought to feed them as well but not sure that will happen soon... when I was at my sister in laws house her plants were looking so good her Christmas cactus bright eyed and busy tailed :lol: so bushy and a pretty color... asked what she did she feeds them coffee every couple weeks... we don't drink coffee so would have to get some especially for the plants so wondering if I could use instant coffee... there is so many types of coffee on the shelf it makes one not want to decide
worked on my shrug and talked with a friend that I've not visited with for some time one day when I go to SLC I will need to go visit with her in person...
going to have my mamo echo and lab work tomorrow not looking forward to any of it...
texted my granddaughter last night and she is going to do my hair needs a good cut it's been a few months really surprised that she is going to have the time to do it as it's her sister that is getting married on Friday... I'm going to call when I am on my way so she will have an idea of when I'll get there...
after my tests going to go to the post office mail should be there hoping the canula's that I order will be there I never know if they will come to the house or go to the post office all I know is that this one needs to be changed out... the fish truck is in think if the road getting up to where they go in the winter time is clear will get fish for supper sounds good but going on that road doesn't the roads have gotten so slushy
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee