Putters golf Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Putters golf Tuesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:45 am

Good morning gals!

Anita, glad your brother is feeling good enough to go back to work. That is a good sign!

Some people here don't like the feral cats either but we remind them that we also don't have any rodent problems here in the park.

I am still getting a little flack from a co-worker about not being able to do certain things or work extra hours. She asked yesterday if I could work all day and do her afternoon shift since she didn't feel good. I told her I couldn't do that. She sarcastically replied "of course you can't". My back was killing me thru my whole shift, and we were really busy, but I did end up with $60 in tips in 5 hours!

Since my fish died last week, I got rid of the tank and ordered a faux fish tank. Got that yesterday. It isn't very big but it has bubbles coming up from the bottom and the 3 little plastic fish float up and down and around from the bubbles coming up. I am thinking Romeow might like it. He misses watching Karma swim around. I think it will be soothing for me too. It is a small cylindrical shape and doesn't take up much space so would work well in an RV too.

Looks like we might have some rain today but most of the storm is gonna miss us and go north of us here. Might get a few sprinkles during putters golf in awhile. Will take my rain jacket just in case. But so far, just cloudy. I have had my bedroom windows open for the past two nights. So nice to get fresh air coming thru here and perfect temperature! I sleep so good!

Haven't heard from that couple at all. My agent sent me a text message this morning saying he has the new sign to put up and he might have a showing for tomorrow or Thursday. Good thing the house is already clean.

I think I pulled some muscles in my lower back sometime last week because I am having a lot of pain in that area (besides the sciatica) so am using a heating pad on it every day.

I need to cut back on the color by number app. My eyes are getting sore and strained from doing that so much. It really is addictive! I do 4 or 5 pictures per night.

Need to make a few phone calls today but no big projects. I can relax a little!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Putters golf Tuesday

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:55 pm

Morning Barbie. I have been busy already. I started prepping my bathroom so I can put the primer on the walls. I ordered a couple of rollers needed for the textured paint I want to put on after the primer dries. I can buy textured paint or make my own. I am leaning towards making my own. It is easy once you figure out the measurements for type of texture you want. I want a light texture, enough to cover up the imperfections. I can make this up in batches so it wont dry out and be too thick. Looks fairly simple but we shall see. That is why I am starting in MY bathroom ha ha If it works out I will then do the office. Eventually would like to do the entire house but that seems very daunting and unrealistic. I do have a popcorn ceiling that I never wanted but it is clean, no stains etc so will just have to live with ihat.

I am back to my paperwork and filing this morning. I think I have everything together to start my taxes. Will tackle that after lunch. I have my Bunco group tomorrow afternoon so looking forward to that. I found a couple of cool tips for my Samsung phone. I have it locked and have to put my fingerprint on it everytime I want to use it. So found a setting that allows it to be unlocked if it is in my home or near my watch for 4 hours. And I can lock it anytime I want. I like this.

Another cloudy day with off and on rain showers possible. 46/59 I guess this is Mother Natures way of making me do inside projects. Anita great news about your brother. Fingers crossed he continues to heal. Velda hope Chris is having a better week. I am off looking at some recipes for dinners this week. Tonight is Salmon and Asparagus. Lunch will be a salad. I would make a taco salad but dont have any chips.........sad. So chefs salad will do.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:53 pm

Karen I understand the reason you are wanting to use a textured paint to cover irregularities in the walls….. I did that once years ago ….. consider the possibility of the texture catching dust more than a smooth wall…. I probably don’t need to share why I poise this question…. Individual results may be quite different….
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Redetotry » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:19 pm

I had a long post that went poof so briefly will recap how crazy the last two days have been here. Monday I noticed a very bad odor coming from the basement and found the concrete hole with the drain for the shower and dehumidifier had a lot of black sludge in it. Fortunately I was able to find a plumber. The problem turned out to be that there was a clog and the plumber thought it was on the side the city was supposed to maintain. So he call the city who said if it was on their side I wouldn't charged for the call but if it was on our side we would not have to pay them. But of course we had to pay the plumber which doesn't seem fair since it was their fault. While all of that was going on the man came to install fiber optic for our computers. The dogs had a hard time barking at all the coming and going but fortunately bot workers liked dogs and were also very personable.
Today the plumber is back fixing another in one of our bathroom. So it has been crazy busy and crazy expensive! But the sun is shining!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:45 pm

BJ, sounds like crazy times. Hope all is fixed.

Nothing exciting here. A couple great walks. TY and I both needed them. I talked to the manager at the new park I'll be moving to. Just wanted to confirm some things. All's good. I just need to give him a couple days notice when the tt is moving in. Then I'm watching all the Paramount Plus episodes that are on this week. Some series that have been around awhile. It's hard to think of this being the start of the season because of the strike. Lol Right now I have on a new show, started last week so if I like the first episode I'll keep going for this week's.

Karen I had a house with the worst ever ceiling. I'd go in others houses and think I'd never complain again if the people had done mine like the others I saw. Absolute terrible.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:30 pm

Beth glad all is well with your new park. Hope the tt gets moved okay, altho I dont know why it would not LOL I too have been watching Paramount + with the shows starting again. I started watching Tracker, a new show this season. I liked the first episode so will watch it again. Tonight I will watch on my antenna as ABC doesnt have a streaming app and I want to watch Will Trent, good thing it comes on at 8 LOL or I would have to miss it.
BJ so you were in plumber he**. Sorry and hope it is all fixed now. Tina I am only lightly texturing my paint so not very worried about dust collection LOL besides I am pretty darn tidy. I could not find my prescription card from my new Medicare RX plan. I have looked everywhere.
So I called them and they will send me another one. Then I am filing the papers I have spent alot of time on organizing and making new folders for, put them in the file cabinet and BANG there is a folder with their name on it with my card and papers inside. See, it just doesnt pay to organize ones self Wonder what else I wont be able to find next!!!
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:47 pm

Karen, I'm laughing, because the first episode of Tracker is what I watched tonight. I think I'll watch episode 2 tomorrow.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:09 pm

Barbie, people like your coworker need to be reminded that they also will soon have bad backs from standing on their feet all day!

Son had appointment back in SF hospital today and got good news. Cat scan showed no leakage anymore from pancreas and stomach connection so his drains could come out, which made him very happy. He has been wearing two plastic balls on each side of his abdomen that were attached to drains, which has not been very comfortable and has made sleeping difficult. Still will have IV nutrition, but can have more clear liquids and even soup with noodles, but small amounts every couple of hours. If he can tolerate that, he will be able to eat a few more things in a couple of weeks.

It has been really chilly last couple of nights here, near Tampa. Low last night was 37 and supposed to be 40 tonight. Days are in high 60s and sunny so that is nice. Funny thing is that the heavy rain on Sautrday and Sunday did a fantastic job of cleaning the air! The sky is a bright blue all the way to the horizon.

Also, I keep hearing an owl at night, and there are four red-shouldered hawks in the campground. They are swooping down low and landing on rocks and trees, so easily visible. I think they are really two pairs that are beginning to nest. Pretty birds! https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-shouldered_Hawk/overview#
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby monik7 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:33 am

Judy, there’s a red-shouldered hawk by the creek where I walk my dogs daily. I thought this might be a good time to recommend an app my daughter told me about last year. It listens for the bird’s sound, records it and can identify which bird it is and then provides a picture and information about that specific bird. I’ve been using it now for almost a year and it has identified 83 different birds we’ve encountered on our daily walks. If anyone is interested it’s: Merlin Bird ID and is free. It’s helpful that it records the bird’s sound that can be played back. I’m getting so I can identify a number of them now without having to check the app to see what bird we just heard.
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:34 am

You are probably all aware of this, but I was looking at my calendar to schedule something and realized it's a leap year, so 29 days this month. Just sharing in case there's anyone else who hadn't realized it.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:25 am

it's a good thing I made cake as no one else brought dessert which is very unusual but I also noticed several didn't take dessert or if they did a very small piece I guess they are trying to "be good" but between one women taking home several pieces nephew coming over and getting some we are down to two good size pieces... I normally make this dessert with strawberries or raspberries I was going to use both this time... but then remembered I had a can of cherry pie filling so used it... basically cake topped with a mixture of powdered sugar cream cheese and whipping cream then topped with a fruit with glaze... when making a raspberry or strawberry I use a pkg that makes the glaze and add fruit to it right now the name of it escapes me can't always find it so I normally get it when I see it...oh Danish Dessert see it came to me ...
I measured my shrug and still have 3 rows to go... one day I will come on here and say it's finished!!!! can't wait... I will hopefully be able to talk to either one of the twins and see what colors they like so I can get the yarn for one of theirs... I have 14 grandchildren I have 6 still to go the twins are going to be 18 I believe they are graduating this spring as is my granddaughter whose afghan I'm close to finishing have 14 rows on it... they tend to heavy and my granddaughter is really slight it will feel like a weighted blanket for her :?
didn't do much went to the potluck came home and read scriptures crocheted on the shrug and completely forgot that I was going to water the plants... oh well as Scarlet said there is always tomorrow or something like that :roll: supper was a can of tomato/basil soup I was still full from lunch or not in the mood to cook not sure which... one lady made a chicken dish it was so good I think I will get the recipe it had a small pasta bigger than rice but not a lot and spinach chicken not sure what else on really thinly sliced red pepper's she is the one that took home some extra cake...
that is too bad BJ that you have some plumbing problems will hope that it's on the city side
haven't heard from Irmi for a bit hope all is ok with her
that sounds like a good app to have Sandi need to remember to look for it
love those nights Barbie when it's just right for sleeping
you all have a good night
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:32 am

Putting was fun. I played pretty good. It stayed cloudy but no rain.

I started in again on putting the handles on the doors. I did the drawers in the kitchen and then went to remove the one on the bread board. Can't do it! :o They put the handle on before putting the bread board together so I can't get to the bolts. :roll: So that one has to stay. Then I ran into a bolt on one in the bathroom that was stripped but managed to remove the handle anyways. I then decided to run to Home Depot to get a few bolts since I think I had some in the bedroom before that I had issues with. I picked up a small package of bolts that looked like the right length and then got a sample of paint that looked close to the color of the new handles, thinking I could just paint that old handle in the kitchen to match fairly close and not be too noticeable. Got home and the paint was way too light and the bolts were just a tad too short! I ended up putting that handle on with just one bolt and making it really tight so it wouldn't move. The old handle on the bread board, I just painted the round plastic piece in the middle. It isn't much better than it was before, but other than making a whole new bread board, there isn't much I can do. Still have the handles in the bedroom yet to do.

My agent told me there will be a showing tomorrow morning with another agent and their client, so I did some cleanup around here. Will do a last minute cleanup (putting stuff away like the stuff in the bathroom and taking out the trash) in the morning. I think I will go to Denny's for breakfast while they are here.

My SIL finally texted me and said I am not invited to the wedding after all. She said it was because they had to cut back the guest list, but I don't believe that. I know they are all still pissed that I didn't go to the other wedding 5 years ago! :roll: I know my other brother and his wife are going. I don't really care since it will save me money and a very uncomfortable situation.

I better get to bed so I can get up early and finish stuff up around here in the morning.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee