A Snowy Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

A Snowy Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:20 am

Good Morning from the snowy 45th. We had about 4 inches yesterday, the which I did go out and clear rhe drive, walks and decks despite saying I would probably leave it for today. Took advantage of a break in the snow. Another couple of inches last night and more expected today. Snowing lightly out there now. I will venture out later as I need to run out to Meijer’s for kibble and a few other things.

I finished up my latest DP and it is now framed and ready to put up. Taking a short reak to finish a woodcraft outfit for one of the figures I had out in the flowerbed last year. It’s one for spring and I want to get it done.

Tina, glad you made it to FL and are enjoying the Weather and time with Liz and Nan. Barbie, sounded like you had a fun trip yesterday. Sone tines we just have to have get out of the house and have a change of scenery. Looks like all the rest of us are just doing
“Same old”. And Shelia, you got snow too I see.

Got my wall decorations all back up in my kitchen and side hallway. I like this paint color so well, that I’m seriously thinking of having them do my bathrooms with it. The paint smell was a bit strong, but by next day, pretty much gone. I really am not in mood to do it myself.

Guess I will get a move in here and head for the shower. Eventually I will head up town but want to wait a bit, as I want to get a take out fish dinner from Culvers for supper tonight. Don’t think I want to venture back out to go to fish fry today.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: A Snowy Friday

Postby asirimarco » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:04 am

Good morning to all - just a very quick post. We are home. Flight was interesting. Son picked us up. Went to dinner and came home. All at house is fine. Putting in big Walmart delivery order and doing not much else today.
asirimarco

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:17 pm

Carol so glad you made it home safely. I am sure you were sorry to leave. I really did enjoy your trip tho, brought back so many memories of my times in Mexico.
I just put my order in for Kroger/Fred Meyer here. Had quite a bit on sale of things I use all the time. Was a light order at Safeway the other day but this one was bigger but still under my $100 budget for the week or two weeks depending. Sometimes I just need some fresh foods, milk etc Other times I have to replenish my stock. AND it depends what they have on sale. I bought a pack of chicken and a chuck roast so that eats up quite a bit of my budget LOL but was running out. I always make several meals with each meat purchase.
Cloudy day today but no rain yet. A few housekeeping chores, lunch, then time to head to pick up my groceries. I love ordering and just picking it up in the parking lot LOL I actually seem to only buy things I need now, very few wants. If I go into the store that is a whole nuther ballgame.
well off to the shower and then throw my bed linen in the wash. I pick up my groceries in a couple of hours.
I am pretty happy my shows started back on tv on Monday The ones that I like to watch. So will watch a couple this evening. I dont watch them in real time as my bedtime is pretty early. I just watch them thru the rest of the week when I am sitting dowm relaxing or in the evening. Usually the ones that premiere and I like end up getting cancelled ha ha Oh well so many shows so little time. I will be cancelling Netflix now that I have so much other stuff to watch. I will catch up with anything on there when the broadcast shows go on hiatus until fall.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:12 pm

It has been lightly raining all day. It got up to 66. I emptied the vacuum cleaner bag and it was full of cat hair. I don't know how they have any fur left. Luna doesn't shed as much as Sugar did. The guy was suppose to come check my refrigerator lights between 3:00 and 5:00 so I decided to go to the post office and Walmart at 11:00. I wanted a new litter box for Charlie's cage. I should have measured the cage door because what I got is too big. Picked up a fish dinner and came home. I checked the rain gauge before dark and it has rained a half inch and is still raining. It is suppose to get down to the low 30's Sunday and Monday night. Not looking forward to that.

The repair guy showed up at 4:30. He said the computer in my refrigerator needed to be updated. :shock: Who knew that refrigerators had computers. He spent 30 minutes trying to update it using his phone and it kept dropping. He had to log on to my internet to get it updated. He has to order the lights and that will take 8-10 days to come in.

One of my outside cats has been missing for a week and she showed up tonight with a with a big sore on her side. It is dry and and not running and she didn't feel like she had a fever.

Most nights there is nothing I want to watch on TV and Friday is even worse.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:55 pm

Good evening I had a pretty good day. No rain but cloudy all day. Supposed to rain tomorrow. Oh well it is winter. Looking forward to March 10th when we turn our clocks forward and have more sunny days......hopefully.
Had a fellow come out today to set up an appointment to have my vents and furnace checked. Very nice fellow. This is part of a program thru our power company. It does not cost anything. He peeked in my vents and then my furnace and made a couple of recommendations and also explained what he will fix and inspect. They make sure the ducts under your house are not leaking as you lose heat if they are not intact. Seal around your floor vents. Clean your furnace if needed. My neighbor had it done and told me about it and gave me his card so I called today and he said he was in town and could he come over and see what I had. He will come back and do the formal inspection and repairs. Needs to submit it and get approval (which he said no problem) then will make the work appt. Pretty cool I think.
Picked up my groceries and tomorrow I need to food saver my meat and chicken. Then make room in the freezer for it LOL Hope everyone had a good day.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:16 pm

Finally rested up from my long day. I had to drive 80 miles one way to drop off a 24 hour urine collection for my new urologist, then moved on to a Blue Beacon to get a truck wash. There are only 2 Blue Beacons in Florida, so took advantage of not being too far away when at the Cleveland Clinic lab. Had the usual wait in line, and by the time I got my rig washed and headed back to campground, I got stuck in massive rush hour traffic---yuck. It took me at least an extra hour driving home. Barely made it back at dusk, ten minutes after sunset. The good news is that daylight savings time returns in about three weeks. I don't like to drive or park in a campsite after dark, so I will be happy to have that extra hour in the evenings.

After tackling cleaning out most of my underneath "basement" storage areas, my project for tomorrow is to work on my under-bed area. I tend to just toss stuff in there, so it definitely needs some sorting. Also, I tossed the ring my mother gave me into the far reaches of that area so it would be "safe," and I have decided I want to start wearing it. It is a unique ring that my dad bought my mother in about 1946. It has a large, pale amethyst stone that is an intaglio. An intaglio is a sort of cameo carved into the ring, in this case, it is a portrait of a lady. The Romans often used a reverse carving on a ring to use on wax seals. Mine was supposedly made in Germany before WWII, but I have no proof of it. Value of intaglio rings depend on the stone, age, and amount of gold in the ring--not as valuable as a diamond, but I have always loved this one, and my mother gave it to me before she passed away. It's a little awkward to wear because the stone is kind of big, but I really should be wearing it, not just be hiding it. Will post a photo when I find it.

Also, Karen, you might consider getting your dryer vent inspected and cleaned so it does not catch fire, as one did at my cousin's house.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:33 pm

Martha, everything is getting computerized, it seems. Karen, that's a great program and I wish more places had them and let people know about them.

Rain yesterday, rain today and supposed to have rain tomorrow. I found breaks to get Ty walked but otherwise have been a couch potato. Watching the TV shows that have come on this week. I never remember what night or time (or sometimes even which channel) but it makes it more fun to discover one I look forward to when it's available.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:17 am

worked on the shrug for a bit... found out why it didn't look right cause it wasn't :roll: only had to take out two rows but I did three so think I'm ahead just wish that I hadn't made that mistake and of course it had to be at the end of the row which is why two rows had to come out
yes we have gotten snow a fair amount but no idea how much... the snow is almost up to the bottom of the flamingo's I ought to send Beth a couple of pictures so she could post them for me...
did a couple of word searches one was about the Sonora desert it was fun to do but some of the words I'd like to have looked for wasn't there ...
took out one of the bags with shrimp scampi in it for mom and I had the butter chicken and rice to three bags out of the freezer one day I really need to organize that space... it's a side by side I've decided that I don't like them makes the fridge feel smaller as well as the freezer.. just my opinion of course
guess I didn't realize that the fridge has computer's
Karen that does sound like a really good program as I read it was wishing that my dd would have been up I would have called and read about it to her so she could see if her electrical place as it... I might so back and do some copy and paste see if that way it will be where if I think about it I can tell her... since I'm such a creature of habit... heaven for bid that I actually come on here out of order :lol:
sounds like you had a nice trip Barbie where will you be working on it the most?? perhaps just have some sheets (get some at a thrift store) over the top of the project when showing the house or possibly some bins specially for that purpose to plop them when when you have to stage the house.. via stage I mean spruce up for a viewing
glad you made it home safe and sound Carol... I'm sure that it was a lot different than being there with the motor home and jeep... glad all was well when you got back home
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Redetotry » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:23 am

Acadianmom wrote:
The repair guy showed up at 4:30. He said the computer in my refrigerator needed to be updated. :shock: Who knew that refrigerators had computers. He spent 30 minutes trying to update it using his phone and it kept dropping. He had to log on to my internet to get it updated. He has to order the lights and that will take 8-10 days to come in.

Martha

Martha, From what I'm hearing from friends if your refrigerator is two years old consider yourself lucky it is still working! It is true appliances are just not made as well as they used to be. I had an appliance repair man tell some real horror stories about the way they are made now and especially ones made during Covid. He had been in a Maytag factory and said they were calling people in from their office staff to work on the lines. Also some brands had so little insulation they were not keeping food up to the right temperatures. According to Google as to why new appliances are less reliable.. to reduce production costs, manufacturers often outsource the manufacturing of individual components to low-cost third-party suppliers. However, this outsourcing practice can result in poor quality control and the use of cheaper materials. And this... finished appliances and their components are designed to be lighter, so they are less expensive to ship. Finally, closer fits, tighter tolerances and modern electronic controls all mean more plastic instead of metal, which leads to less durability.

All the appliances in my kitchen are around 25 years old so parts are no longer available. The electric wall oven stopped working last year, the gas stove top works but only a couple of burners. I seldom used the oven in the last few years so as I have a counter top that works very well so I'm not replacing it . So far our Maytag dishwasher is working! Whoever gets the house when we no longer live here can decide what brand of appliances they want.:).

Pippa is not happy with me. She likes to sit with me in my chair in the living room and yesterday I got up to do something, got distracted and forgot about her. A bit later I heard her furiously barking and went to see what was going on an rescued her. I'm glad she doesn't jump down on her own because she is so little I don't want her to damage her legs. Earlier in the day I was on a Skype call and had closed the door to the room where my computer is located. DH told me she had kept running into his studio jumping on his leg then would run back to his door to see if he was following her. Finally he followed her and she came to my door and barked obviously wanting him to open it. :lol:
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Morning Coffee