Snowy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:56 am

Yep, it’s snowing and blowing here this morning. A wet heavy snow, the kind that’s hard to blow out. But I have no intention of doing that today. If I leave it sit overnight, it changes consistency as the temps drop during the night. Then I blow it out the next morning. We are supposed to have Lake Effect for the next couple of days, but then next week is supposed to warm back again. So the abnormal winter continues. Otsego Lake, the county’s largest has open water or did have on Monday, in a southeast area of the lake. There’s never open water on that lake this time of year.

Been a busy week of sorts here. After I got my errands run and snooped out the new Hobby Lobby on Monday, got home with intentions of working on my DP, but Molly had other ideas. Walking time. So I got into my duds and we walked around the neighborhood. She’s doing really well, back to her doggy self and incision area is healing nicely. She’s not bothering it at all. Been spending a lot of time out in tbe deck too.

When we got back from our walk, I had a message in answering machine from painter. Will be here next morning around 8 if that’s okay by me. Called him back, said that was fine. Had to take things off the walls and countertops, but didn’t take long. They arrived a bit after 8 and were done by 10:45. Was fun watching such an efficient crew. 4 guys who operate like a well oiled machine, taping, covering everything, removing coat racks, shelves and my vertical blinds off my patio door, sanding the walls, 2 coats of paint and put everything back up. Looks great. Might have them come back and do my bathrooms later. Asked if I would like themed to sweep the flor and put my counter stuff back, but I said I was going to vacum and would run it over the floor and wanted to wash the countertops as well. The owner of this painting business lives just up the road here. Rides his bike around the neighborhood all the time. Knew his folks who ran the resort on the lake over there. So yesterday took a ride to Houghton Lake with Molly, Piper wasn’t interested in going, and got a frame for the DP I finished last night. Soon as I get finished with this, I’m going to get busy cleaning my bathroom, wash the kitchen floor, run vac and put my decorations back up on tbe walls. Then I will check over the DP, prep and seal it, when that dries, frame it.

Beth, I love that blue in those steps. Cntrary to what that manager says, they would have looked very complimentary to your TT. I’m glad you found a park that seems to be satisfactory to you. Where are your good friends going? Judy, glad you are getting your MH fixed, should be good for many miles now. Barbie, that putters golf sounded like a lot of fun. Karen, how about posting a picture of your raised bed, I’d like to see what you doing. Interesting discussions on HOA’s. We have ine here, but we are a POA (Property Owners Association). But they don’t make rules because we have deed restrictions in place, they are legal and binding in a court of law. But very sensible ones. The POA board has a set of ByLaws to operate by. They are really here by name only and they’re only function is to just oversee deed restrictions if necessary in case of conflict or something. Right now a committee is working with a lawyer to go over the deed restrictions to see if we need to make changes, or clarifications, because they were written over 30 years ago and state laws and county ordinances have changed in that time. Once they have finished that, then, if anything needs to be changed, it takes a vote of the majority of the property owners to approve them. This can only be done every 25 years, so needs to be done by end of this year. Michigan is getting over it right now..

Okay, enough yakking here. Need to get busy. Have a nice day everyone :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Snowy Thursday

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:54 am

Lark, Jane and I have made it to Florida and are enjoying the week visiting with Nan and Liz while parked in the campground here at their residential community. I was able to stop in Charlotte on the way south for an overnight in my daughter and son-in-law's driveway and a nice evening visit and breakfast before heading further south for another driveway stop and great visit with one of my cousins.... The RoadTrek is purring along just fine and my back is not complaining too much with missing all the stretching and attention it gets back in Ohio at the local Y classes. That means Lark and Jane are actually getting me to walk some in the warmer weather.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:36 am

Tina, glad to hear you made it to Florida safely. Judy, happy to hear your son is doing so well. It’s a long haul isn’t it!
Remember when we were talking about the different TV platforms/stations? Well, there is a basketball game on tonight that I would like to watch. However, it’s only on Peacock which I don’t have. Buying a new station for one game is wasteful, so I just won’t watch it. Now on to my soccer games. The season will be starting soon. There are SIX different stations showing the game I would like to watch! I think I have fIVEof them. The one I do not have is Amazon’s Prime. I have a decision on how I want to handle that as I don’t have Prime. I GUESS I could just sign up for Prime and not worry about the cost. Irritating!
Last week I went to a birthday party for my GGS who is turning nine! They are all growing up so fast.
We are expecting to get another big storm this weekend. The waves get huge during these storms and there are always rescues needed.
We have a woman who has turned her entire front yard into topiary’s. Quite a tourist attraction!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:17 pm

It was 72 earlier but the clouds rolled in and now it's 69. Tomorrow and Saturday we are suppose to get more rain. I put a container of chicken and dumplings in the microwave to thaw. My freezers are jam packed and I need to not put more in and to take more out. I found a sourdough bread mix in the pantry and put it in the bread machine to make. It was a little out of date so replaced the yeast with a new one but it doesn't look like it is rising much. I have never gotten along with this bread machine.

Tina, glad you made it to Florida and warmer weather. Tell Liz and Nan hi. I had a memory come up on Facebook about my last trip to visit them. It was 4 years ago.

Luna heard the Fedex van drive up to the old house and started barking. I'm not expecting anything so walked out to see what he left. It was a package for my neighbors so walked it over to them. I need to put up a sign for Fedex to not leave packages there. They always leave packages there for me and sometimes for people I don't know. It hasn't done any good to tell the drivers.

I still haven't heard anything from the doctor's office about the papers for my colonoscopy I sent them. If I don't hear from them by Monday I will call them.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:19 pm

Okay so where did this week go??? it is almost over and I feel like it just started. Just been doing some small chores around the house. Was going to go do my errands but is a bit breezy off and on and same with rain. Comes and goes so think I will just stay home today. Heard that Microsoft is going to start charging to support Windows 10 especially for security bugs. They want you to upgrade but people are resistant. Myself included BUT my new computer came with Windows 11 and I dont mind it so much. I might upgrade my others to 11 once I get a bit more proficient with it.
Lowes notified me my shredded Straw was in stock so need to go get that and a few things for repairing and painting my bathroom. Then will start on that.
Sue I will post some pictures once I get it together and then as I fill it. Right now it is in a box in my dining room. I need to assemble it outside but the weather hasnt been cooperating too cold, rainy and wet in the spot I will be putting it I will get there one of these days.
Lunch today chicken tenders and broccoli. Still pondering dinner I have a chicken breast in the crockpot so pretty sure that will be what I have.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:45 pm

Sue, the wife in my favorite neighbors and I took a drive to see the park I'll be moving to. She's interested. We had to drop her husband at the airport first, so he wasn't able to come along. I know they'll be talking about it. Whether they move or not, I'll remain friends and we won't be far apart. E went to lunch at her favorite local restaurant and it's closer to my new park. I did point that out lolol. The other couple wouldn't be able to easily move their old park model. But again, we'll still get together. I hope I have good neighbors at the new place. And that things don't go crazy there. Crazy seems to follow me lately. Now I need to find someone to move the tt and hopefully the same person will be able to bring my steps.

Karen, I'm looking forward to your pictures of this new project, also. Tina, good that you're down visiting. I had FB memories today of Liz and I 10 years ago at Salton Sea. It's so good to see these memories but hard to believe how much time has passed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:35 pm

Bethers wrote:Tina, good that you're down visiting. I had FB memories today of Liz and I 10 years ago at Salton Sea. It's so good to see these memories but hard to believe how much time has passed.

I do most sincerely hope that Liz's surgery went well. Perhaps she has already posted, and I missed it.

Hoping to hear from Velda as well - keeping fingers crossed that her son is improving.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:11 am

we got a lot of snow last night no idea how much but I posted on FB a picture taken a couple days ago and this morning I have a wind thing that I can see even when I am sitting at the table even a couple days ago could see it but not this morning. sometimes I check out the video's on the weather app... one that I saw today showed a woman in another country cleaning her kitchen with the window partially opened as she wanted the fresh air someplace like Norway and all the sudden snow comes into her kitchen through the open window :lol: her husband was using the snow blower... got quite a bit of snow into the room... :roll:
I too have wondered about Velda and her son... it sounded like though that she was going to be spending a lot of time at the care center with him... hopefully he is improving... and glad Judy your son is improving I meant to mention that the other day and totally spaced it out...
I finally figured out what the plant it is that I like and want to plant at dd's house when I am there more... it's now where my trailer is parked Hollyhocks that is the plant it just popped into my mind earlier today...
It will be interesting to see what your grow box will be like Karen
Tina have fun in FL and tell all hello for me... do miss them on here
didn't do much today thinking I need to view the tutorial on my shrug something isn't looking quite right... will hope I don't have to go back some.... it's so close to being done.. :? got another word search been doing a page on it this one today was hard.... they had numbers say 12 and say a P in it and in the list you had to figure out were all the words they had for that P going every which way but from the same P so you not only had to figure out what way to take them depending upon what the other words that they might intersect I am not sure if they all were right... I did consult the answer sheet more than once... :oops: it was hard
today is my dad's birthday he would have been old let me see mom is 97 and dad was 4 years older 101 I believe he has been gone a long time 51 years in Nov... I asked mom what he might have wanted for a meal she said that probably roast me I was thinking steak she said that too we had hamburger steak think that counts??? my youngest sister's birthday will be next week she would be 64 .... it's hard to imagine what they would have been like had they lived longer she was 13 when she died (they were killed in a car accident) it's times like birthdays that one thinks about them
Beth hopefully you won't have problems getting someone to tow the trailer over for you
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:02 am

Good late night! :shock: Just after midnight here.

I woke up this morning hemming and hawing about driving over the mountain to the gourd farm today. Finally, around 9am I decided I really want to go and I deserve a fun day off, so I got up, got ready quick, and jumped in the car! Stopped for gas and was on my way.

The mountains are so beautiful right now, all green from the rain :D . Saw a little bit of snow at the top of the pass. Mostly just in the shady areas. When I got to the rolling hills covered in old oak trees and the windy road thru there near where the gourd farm is, there is a creek along side the road and smaller creeks running down and across the road into the larger one, from the hills. Those smaller ones usually don't have any water in them except right after a rain. They were all running pretty good and some going over the road an inch or so deep. I was thinking that the drive thru that area was taking a bit longer than usual time to get to the farm. Well, awhile later I pulled into the town of Fallbrook! Which is about 12 miles south of the farm! Oops! :o Somehow I missed it! I stopped at the library in town to ask how to get to the farm (I have been there at least 4 times so not sure how I forgot where it was :? ). Turns out I turned left instead of right at an intersection early on. So I had to backtrack and finally got there. I guess it wasn't too much of a waste of time and gas because on the way there I saw a large mouse sitting in the road not moving but looked alive, so I turned around and went back to check on him. I went over to him and he was kind of in shock I think. He got his tail run over by a car! But was otherwise OK. I "encouraged" him to move off the road and he started to come around and ran off into the grass. Later tho, I also almost got hit by a large lifted pick-up truck blowing thru a stop sign crossing right in front of me! :shock: That same thing happened the last time I went to the gourd farm! Again, I had to lock up my brakes to keep from colliding with him! :evil: (I didn't have a stop sign).

Anyways, I spent about an hour at the farm. I met one of the new owners (the wife) and their puppy and kitten. She is very nice and seems very excited about taking over the farm. She said they will have in-person classes there again and also the annual gourd festival again, both of which the previous owners stopped having quite a few years ago. Sounds like they have some great plans for the future.

I got a few small gourds and some larger cut-apart gourds that I have ideas on projects for them. If I am going to end up here for the next 6 months or more, I want to get back to working on my gourd projects. Not sure how to do that and still keep the house looking nice and uncluttered in case there is a showing. :? Those of you who do crafts, know what I mean.

I stopped at my favorite fast food place on the way back, Epic Wings, and got some chicken fingers with mild sauce on them. It is SO good! Brought home some leftovers and had those for dinner. Also stopped at DQ for a small sundae before I came back down the mountain. Made it home just at dusk. I don't like to come down the mountain (lots of sharp, steep switchbacks!) in the dark.

I am tired tonight and my lower back is sore again. So I will be getting out the heating pad shortly when I go to bed.

I have 2 haircuts tomorrow and some phone calls to make. I took a few photos today (only a few since my phone was almost dead) and will post those tomorrow.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee