Friday, Feb. 9th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, Feb. 9th

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:00 am

Morning. Cloudy and 39° here at the 45th. Way cooler than yesterday’s record breaking 54. Between that and the rain last night, snow is all but gone except for piles and spotty on the woods. Looking at a cool weekend. After all, despite feeling like spring, it is very much still winter and we will be reminded of that before long. As the saying goes, “it ain’t over till it’s over”.

Molly had a good day yesterday. Back to her normal doggie self. Spent time laying in the deck enjoying the nice weather. I think she would have loved to have gone for a short little WALK but that was not gonna happen. She’s still a recovering dog which is very evident this morning. She spends time pacing and fighting the cone after I put it on before going to bed, and trying to finds a spot to sleep at night cause it’s too long for her to climb up on the love seat when she wants to. She’s not to energetic this morning. It also keeps her from reaching the water bowl despite my attempts to make as accessible as I can. It sits on a little raised 4 legged stand I made when camping and last night I set it on the floor. Wound up with water all over the floor and mat this morning :roll: Here’s the infamous object. Solid rigid plastic with neck ties. Just too long.

I was thinking of taking a run to town to Meijer to pick up a couple things and popping into Pet Smart to see if maybe I can find a different collar. But I don’t have the heart to put it back in her this morning. Will wait till later this afternoon when I go to get a take out fish fry at church and might just take her along for the ride instead. She doesn’t need to wear the cone except and night as long as I am home to keep an eye on her, so she doesn’t rub or scratch the eye. Neither happening as yet.

So other than that, nothing happening. My days are structured around her for now. Gong to get dressed and run the vac. Might be back later.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Friday, Feb. 9th

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:17 pm

Sue, that cone does seem extra long but I have never had to put a cone on a dog, just cats.

Sheila, your restaurant's prices are higher than here. Usually a pasta dish is one of the least expensive things on the menu. There are too many posts about restaurants on facebook. I learn about restaurants that I want to go to that I would have never have heard about.

Anne, if you were closer I could have lent you a muffin pan or probably given you one. I think I have one of just about every size they make, mini, regular, large, a pan with square holes that are 2 1/2 by 1 inch deep, a pan with square holes that are 2 1/2 by 1 1/2 deep and a pan with holes 1/2 inch deep by 4 inches across. I don't even remember what I bought that last one for. I can't even remember the last time I made muffins. I have a muffin recipe that I got out of a Bon Appetite magazine years ago that I think about making every time I look through my recipes.

I filled out the form to schedule my colonoscopy and will mail it today. Hopefully they will schedule me because I got the form in February, 2022. :roll: My sister had one recently and after it they had her swallow a camera and wear a belt over night. She has a lot of problems. I haven't heard the results of the camera.

It's up to 76 and very windy today. Today is fried fish day at the deli and I' m trying to decide if I want some bad enough to go to town.

Martha
Last edited by Acadianmom on Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:02 pm

Good afternoon. Been fussing around this morning, trying to figure out where to put some stuff so I know where to find it again when I need it.......huge chore. I can have a screwdriver one minute and the next it is nowhere to be found,,,go figure.

Anne you made me in the mood to bake something. I have a sugar free chocolate cake mix so thought I might make that with a ganache made from Lily's dark chocolate chips and some heavy cream. Lilys are sugar free also. I use them for my chocolate fix sometimes. Just a handful and then I am satisfied.

Sue I know they make other cones but hers needs to be long enough so she cannot get her back leg up there to scratch. I put a baby onesie on Emma when I had her spayed but that was just to keep her from licking. Had to just cut a pee and poo hole and it worked great. I quickly realized tho I needed more than one LOL Here are a couple I found. They come in all sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/Recovery-Adjusta ... =1-27&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Alfie-Pet-Candac ... 92-20&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XY7CKE?ta ... e=ogi&th=1
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:37 pm

You beat me to it with the links, Karen. Sue, if you can find a softer one that will keep her from accessing the eye, b is think it would be way more comfortable. I've had bad luck with cones and dogs, but worse was when a vet managed a paw of Moxie. I told them that would work and they said, well, at least a couple hours. Joke was on then as she had it off before I left their offices. Luckily she didn't play with the stitches.

I've been in a very cranky mood all day. The wife/manager came by this morning and told me that the blue color on my steps for the tt is not acceptable. There are no written rules and everyone knew what I was doing. The owner saw the first coat being painted and didn't say a word. They want them neutral. I said we'd talk about it in the fall, I won't change them before. I might fight this. I've actually looked up other parks in the area and have two I want to go check out. That's how much they upset me. Meantime, I have to let it go for the moment. Everyone here I've told us as shocked as me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:41 pm

I spent all day yesterday cleaning my house! Had to take lots of breaks in between jobs, and was drinking an energy drink to stay awake. Finally got everything cleaned and put away by 8pm. Now it will take a week to find all my stuff again!

Got up this morning and put away some last minute things and made my bed, hauled out the trash and bought a purse. :o :lol: Today was our monthly yard sale and one of my neighbors was selling stuff. Found a pretty leather purse an also those plastic bags for storage that you suck the air out with your vacuum cleaner.

My new agent, Kris, showed up and looked over the house, asked a few questions and then the photographer showed up. We let him take his pics in the house while we waited outside. Then Kris left and I rode with the photographer around the park so he could take photos of the golf course, club house and pool, etc. Both guys were very nice. My agent is much more professional than the last guy. We also have a few things in common. He loves cats and he also grew up in Minnesota, so we had a good conversation. When he first came in the house, Sophie didn't run for the bedroom closet, but stayed in the living room and went over to him cautiously and let him pet her. Of course Romeow was hiding in the closet the whole time.

Went to work after that. It was steady but not real busy so the time went fast.

I guess there was an earthquake near Malibu near LA this afternoon. It was a 4.2 so not strong enough for me to feel it way out here, luckily.
It was just cool, cloudy and windy today.

I think I will make Sloppy Joes this weekend. Also need to call Spectrum about my cable. Just haven't had time to call. You just never know how long those phone calls will take. :roll:

I am rambling...have a good night.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:36 am

that is too bad Beth... I don't get rules about colors... I would never be able to live in a HOA area and to come up with it after it was painted... just too bad hopefully one of the other parks will meet your needs better... but how will you get the tt there didn't the manager pull it in for you?
did the realtor give you hope?? hoping that you can find what will help you find what will help
the best
a lazy day I do lazy well :roll: I think I have a problem with my shrug looks like I've some how added a stitch but not sure where and what to do to find it I really don't want to take out rows again as I'm not sure where it started at the problem is where I turn it just looks wider at that point ... will have to ponder it I accidentally found a child's hat that I saw the other day a week or so ago really cute so decided to look at the tutorial and see how it was done a very long video but was just going to watch it a little bit and see if it was something that I would want to do... such a cute hat and in some foreign language bummer it did have some pattern sorta and if I was better at it I would write it down... did find another hat that was cute not as cute... but cute so had a saved button so pushed that now it's saved somewhere :roll:
Martha it is a very expensive place at least it felt like it I went out thinking we will be having pizza (it's a pizza place plus) I think the only one who had pizza was the birthday gal. when I was young and lived on the ranch on what is now called Mormon Roll many of the settler's were member's of the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latterday Saints and we had our own small chapel it was a really interesting building but I think when I was oh about 15 perhaps give or take our branch was moved into town due to not enough people so the building was sold and moved out to the village road to become a Pizza Parlor it's ironic I think the old part of the building (what was the church) now is the room where the bar is being that we don't drink it just seems funny...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee