Sunday, Feb. 4th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Sunday, Feb. 4th

Postby Pooker » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:57 am

Hi to all with those terrible electric bills! Add me to the list. I don't have PG&E - I have SCE (Southern California Edison), but the same outrageously high bills. Every appliance in my mobile home is natural gas: Furnace, air conditioner, dryer, hot water heater, stove. Yet this month's electric bill is over $200. It is only two women living here since my son's death 5 months ago: my DIL and me. Last Sept., after the fires, etc. my bill was over $400. SCE is constantly sending "hints" on saving electricity, but I checked previous years and the Kwh usage was about the same, so obviously it isn't my overuse of electricity!

Just reading the itemized listing on page 2 of my bill is enough send me over the edge! Perhaps they don't have to go before a board any more? They just add another fee instead of showing a rate increase.

Okay - getting down off my soapbox.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:28 am

Gas and Electric bills here in SW Ohio can easily go over $500. I just budget for it.

Hoping to pick up the RoadTrek sometime today once the mechanic gets a chance to drive it around and see if they notice any new issues. They have fixed the once that they notice late last fall. Then I hope to be on my way towards Florida with stops along to way to visit daughter and cousins.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:03 pm

I am really lucky compared to the rest of you. I NEVER turn on the heat. Just put on a sweater if I get cold. And no heat during the night. What really galls me is paying a large bill when I usually use so little electricity. Last month my bill was $80. I am with San Diego Gas & Electricity. As I have some shares in that company, and they are paying an excellent dividend, I figure it evens out.
Spent a lovely day at my daughters Saturday. Then Sunday did nothing except watch UTube all day. Want to go to the store today. What a boring life I lead!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:39 pm

Lynn, be careful going outside today. The whole system is shifting south during the day so you may get hit with a lot of rain later on. Check the radar before heading out! Things can flood in a hurry!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:27 pm

Electricity is cheap here - at least in this county! My highest bill last year was $52.00. I run my space heater in a central spot that takes care of bedrooms and bathrooms and electric fireplace in the living area during the day. They usually keep it about 70 and any warmer, I turn them off for awhile. I only use the other heaters during the freezing nights.
Anita
chalet05

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee