Fri Feb 2nd

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Fri Feb 2nd

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:44 am

I guess I wore myself out yesterday. Actually, I couldn't get to sleep last night so am having trouble getting any energy this morning. Luckily Ty is about to force the issue. Lol He's so good about it but he knows I'm awake so finally decides to get me moving. Good thing, too.

So happy Friday and off I go.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Sunny Friday

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:47 am

We didn't get a ton of rain yesterday but just a steady rain most of the day which is good. The heavier rain was in the Palm Springs area on the west side of the valley, which is normal when the storms come over the mountains on that side. LA got flooded pretty bad. Now more storms coming after the weekend. :roll:

I got a call from my agent this morning. He finally found an agent to take over my listing. Sounds like the guy is pretty excited to work with me. So am keeping my fingers crossed!

Still no response from my SIL. :? I would really like to know what is going on with my brother's health. It didn't sound so good just before Christmas when I called. He was supposed to have more tests done a week or two ago.

I should get my valances today for my kitchen and dining nook windows. The 2 handles I ordered won't be here for two weeks yet. Am anxious to see how they look. One is a brushed gold and the other is an antique bronze. If one of them looks really nice, I might order enough to do the living room and bathroom cabinets too.

I work from 1-6 today and then all weekend. I will be really tired by Monday! But then I have the whole week off until Friday. Tuesday is the putters tournament in the morning, which will probably get rained out :( , and then my ADHD evaluation in the afternoon. Will also be picking up the TNR trap for the black kitty. I need to start feeding him on my deck for a few days and then put the food in the unset trap for a day or two to get him used to it, and then set it on Friday, since I need to get him to the clinic by 6:30 that night, all the way in Palm Springs. He is pretty friendly and laid back, so that shouldn't be a problem to catch him.

Have a good day
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Fri Feb 2nd

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:45 pm

I couldn't sleep very well last night. The last time I remember seeing the clock it was 5:00. I should probably take an Aleve PM at night but hate to take medicine if I can help it.

Lunatick and I have played ball and fetch with one of her toys. I gave her one of the hard chew things which she can finish fast. She has finally passed out on my foot. I guess she thinks if she sleeps on my foot I can't get away.

Barbie, glad you are getting a new agent. Hope you have better results.

My gate still isn't here. Now they are not giving me a date for delivery. It's somewhere between here and Katy, Texas. I could cancel it but will wait and see if it comes.

It's 74 and sunny today. Our rain isn't going to get here until in the morning. There are 3 parades in Lafayette and they keep moving the start times trying to guess when the rain will start. One of the parades is the dog parade which is a fund raiser for the rescues that participate. Anyone can pay $25 and walk with their dog in the parade.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:04 pm

I am also worn out, but from today. I slept in and fixed myself some crepes, but then got out and emptied one of the basement storage bins on the drivers side of my rig. I had opened it a few days ago, so I knew stuff in there was wet, but today was the day I finally had time and stuff to clean it out. I put my suitcase, extra laptop case, winter down comforter, and some too-small clothes, plus some other things from that bin on my picnic table to dry out.

Yesterday, I went to Tractor Supply and got some rubber matting with lots of drainage holes in it that they use for stalls. I had been looking for something that would keep my suitcase and other things slightly off the storage area floor. It has leaked before, and I have tried several things, but it still occasionally leaks through the door, even though there is a lot of foam sealant there. So, got out the bleach and Dawn and scrubbed storage bin clean, including wiping it down to get rid of sand and dirt that manages to get it. Then I noticed that the sides drain well through the existing drainage holes, but the middle does not, and there are ridges that keep water that gets in from flowing to the sides, so I drilled three more holes in that area. Then I cut rubber matting to size and put it in there. It has little knobs on the bottom, so that should allow water to get out instead of pooling and staying there forever. Measured, cut, and put matting in and left door open until late tomorrow to dry.

Bundled up clothing, winter coat, and down comforter to take to laundromat. Then sprayed inside and outside of suitcase with hydrogen peroxide, which did help the moldy smell. Will continue to leave it out tomorrow. Then put away all my junk, and whew!! Back killing me and time for rest. Going to rethink how I pack stuff to put it back in and where I put stuff. Need to put clothing and bedding into dryer bin. Whew.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:01 am

Judy I don't of course know the size ext of your storage area but is it possible to put stuff into plastic bins??? just a thought perhaps that would make it less likely to get wet..
Barbie a few days ago you mentioned that you might have to go look for another job that was easier on the back ect have you ever considered on line work? My dd has been getting lots of over time which of course helps her budget but now the over time has ended and she mentioned that she was going to look online for a part time job to make up for what she isn't getting now... again just a thought.
went to the store today spent more than I thought you know the famous last thought not getting much until you do I knew that the butter chicken was going to be supper but also thought that it was low on chicken so got some chicken to cook and add to it... I also got a London broil as it was about the cheapest beef there now to figure out if I can do with it what I'd like I've been wanting to have I think they were called cubed steak... baked in onions and broth I was going to use French onion soup but forgot to buy it so thinking that I will caramelize some onions and have broth ... can't think of what we used to call the dish I'm hoping I can pound out the steak for it but if anyone has a good idea I'm listening :lol: the meat is getting so expensive has been for awhile but it just seemed worse today and the discounted bin was all but empty/
we had flurries of snow today suppose to snow over night but we will see...
going to make hamburger soup tomorrow night...
been watching how to join a end of a skein of yarn to a new one... looks interesting will see if I can make it work my shrug is on it's last few rows thought it was suppose to be 43 inches but in rewatching the video its 41 I will take that ... need to remeasure it but it's probably about 25 inches long so really close... then to figure out the rest of it ... it has a narrow part that needs to be done it's 7 stitches across but 60 inches long :o
you all have a great night
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:59 pm

Sheila, I posted a recipe for you in that section for flank steak the way I like it.

Also, look for the small chuck eye steaks at your grocery store. (Note that these are NOT chuck steaks. They are very close to rib eye steaks.) They are less expensive than most other steaks and very nicely marbled. Just don't overcook any steak--should be served pink in middle.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:24 pm

JudyJB wrote:Sheila, I posted a recipe for you in that section for flank steak the way I like it.

Also, look for the small chuck eye steaks at your grocery store. (Note that these are NOT chuck steaks. They are very close to rib eye steaks.) They are less expensive than most other steaks and very nicely marbled. Just don't overcook any steak--should be served pink in middle.

I LOVE chuck eye steaks, although they can sometimes be hard to find. Tender, good beefy flavor - and a lot less per pound than rib steaks.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Redetotry » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:12 pm

Sheila you asked about cube steaks, they are from a round steak that has been run through the tenderizer I think is what they call it. It makes the meat look like it has indentations all over it. I salt them a bit then dredge through flour, both sides, then brown in cooking oil in a hot heavy skillet, mix some water/flour together and pour over the browned meat , cover and cook on top of the stove or put in the oven and cook on about 325 for a long time, at least 1 1/2 hours. I like it with mashed potatoes.

Martha I haven't been sleeping well either. I do better if I remember to take a drop or two of some CBD oil about an hour before I go to bed but it's easy to forget. I seems to wake up around 3:30 and I'll listen to a book or read for awhile. Beth you mentioned you also didn't sleep well, maybe it's the phase of the moon!

Judy you did have a busy day! I didn't know you could wash a down duvet! Let me know how it comes out and how long it takes to dry.

Barbie can you also do some advertising even though you have it listed? Sounds as though you would get save money if you sell it.

The sun is out again today!!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Morning Coffee