February 1st - Rabbits

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: February 1st - Rabbits

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:19 pm

I spent my life with my blood pressure low. Now it's pretty much normal and often first reads a little high at the doctor's office. They retake a little later and down it is.

I spent most of the day in the tt. Got a generator hooked up to it and tested the fridge, AC, every outlet, etc. Had the propane filled when the company came through today to fill tanks and tested the furnace and it works. I tested the fridge on both electric and propane. Tomorrow I'll take my fridge thermometers over and test again on propane and see what they read. It seemed to cool down quite quickly. All good news. I took my good vacuum over and was able to do a better vacuuming. Did lots on my list. The jokes on me though because I bought LED lights expecting to change all the bulbs. I started to change and they have led bulbs lolol. I should have enough for both rigs replacements for probably my lifetime. The floor is still so ugly, so tomorrow I'm going to try to do a good mopping, possibly on my hands and knees. Now I'm looking forward to getting the call from Home Depot that my carpet tiles have arrived. They were expected yesterday or today.

Ty has been with me all day and he got a good walk. He'll sleep well tonight because he missed his daily naps.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:51 pm

Evening ladies~~~
I did remember Rabbits today. It's s miracle when I do.
Still in Apache Junction. The wedding I'm here for is Saturday and two friends from grade & high school are in town. They extended their stay since there were a couple of cancelations for the wedding, so now they're going too! We did have a girls lunch today to catch up first.

Cousin and wife that bought dad's house are also here for the week, leaving tomorrow, so caught up with them one day too.

Waiting for the rain here. It's coming. Hopefully most will happen tomorrow with minor drizzle on Saturday for the wedding, but it's nice the ceremony and reception are at a wedding venue, so we don't have to travel in between.

Sorry to hear about the family health issues.

Have a great February ladies.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Son is very unhappy to now be in a private isolation room because his COVID is still live. Wife had COVID back in November, so she figures she has some protection, so is going to stay with him during the day. She drove home tonight but will be back in borrowed apartment tomorrow night. Luckily both kids and friends they spent time with over the weekend are still testing negative. They have son on IV antibiotics and tomorrow are going to put a stomach tube in a sample contents to see if infection there.

I changed campgrounds today, and ran errands on way here--laundry, groceries, stuff from Tractor Supply to line my underneath bins with. Supposed to be nice all week, with small possibility of rain for brief time. Florida is really pretty wet already for this supposed "dry" season, so it does not need more rain!!

Also, posted photos from Ding Darling National Wildlife Preserve on Sanibel Island. Check out my blog to see all the damage to trees there. I did not get a chance to take photos of businesses, but a lot of them are still out of business, with lots of for rent and for sale signs on rehabbed buildings. Sad. :(
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:53 am

I said RABBITS just after midnight...several so here is hoping... and it was sunshine here as well always good after a gloomy day ... I did see on Yahoo news site for what that means :shock: showed them letting more water out of Anne's dam in prep for the atmospheric river that is suppose to come...
over slept got up and went to the restroom at 9:30 laid back down and totally missed the 10 alarm woke up at 11:15
Judy and Velda really hoping that your son's start improving that they figure out the best treatment for each one of them...
Barbie hoping you will hear back soon in the mean time can you put for sale by owner sign up oh that is right can't do that due to what ever regulations ... back to hoping you hear back soon I really think if you had had the same realtor last year it might have sold I of course don't know how they work but I saw something probably on Yahoo but it's been awhile called Nature Fresh Charcoal air purifying bags from what I remember the charcoal removes the odor it may help on the porch who knows I've been going to order it just haven't done so for the bathroom and a couple other areas... I'd forgotten about the extreme heat in the summer and what that would have done to the water bottles but for now it would work just in case of the earthquake warning
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:55 am

I sat up last night, watching the clock. A couple seconds after midnight I began saying rabbits, rabbits, rabbits, then every word I could think of for rabbits from Bugsy to Hare!
It seems to have worked! Around noon today, the Dr deemed Chris ready for rehab. The only bed available was in the 5 Star by Medicare place! By 5:45, I stood by as he was rolled into Sacramento Post Acute Care. I'm , so far, very impressed. Clean, no odors, very nice staff and, though supper was over, kitchen whipped up a very nice dinner of hot chicken noodle soup, a ham sandwich, fruit cup and juice. Chris ate all but the soup. He says this bed is way more comfortable! I still need to check out their PT and OT and meet the Dr (a Dr or PA is there 9-5 each weekday and one on call around the clock). I made it home safely around 8:30. Chris still has antibiotics for at least a month and a very long way to go with bringing back his hands and strength in his legs, but this is a step in right direction. Plus, tonight, my friends who runs the support group for local k9 officers, and who is handler for retired k9 detection dog Zayn, has offered to bring Zayn to visit Chris, if facility will allow. Chris had asked for a visit from a pet therapy dog but it just did not happen at Sutter, so I'd like to surprise him with a visit with sweet Zayn.
My day even had a good start , the endocrinologist found I likely have Hashimotos thyroiditis. Though my thyroid standard numbers are normal, my antibodies are high. Often people have Hashis for 10 or more years before diagnosis because most Drs do standard test and call it good, even if you have symptoms. Sadly, by the time a Hashis sufferer has bad standard numbers, the thyroid is tired of trying to pump out enough hormones and it's all but shut down. Though there is no cure, a low carb diet helps symptoms, which is probably how I've managed since I check off pretty much every singles symptom! Even high BP is often associated with having Hashis. I will start on low dose RX soon as I pick it up. Just have to adjust dose and diet and other lifestyle things until my symptoms are under control. To me, this was good news, in that I know all these random things I've felt mean something I can do something about. So yay Rabbits and February.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:28 am

Velda, that is all good news! Yay! Hope your son gets to have a visit with the therapy dog! It is a relief for sure to have a name to put with your symptoms. That is how I felt when I figured out I have ADHD. I have my appointment next Tuesday for my official evaluation.

Beth, glad you got so much done on your TT and everything seems to be working well.

Judy, sorry your son is still dealing with Covid and infections. Hope things turn around soon!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee