February 1st - Rabbits

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

February 1st - Rabbits

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:55 am

Happy February everyone. Hope to see lots of check ins. I said rabbits at midnight, so that's something lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: February 1st - Rabbits

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:59 am

Good morning all. I did manage to say Rabbits several times last night ha ha and again this morning before I talked to Emma so think I am good, lets hope so.
Was a pretty clear early dark morning when I took Emma out and I actually saw the MOON. First time in a long time, we have either been cloudy or foggy. The fog may still roll in but so far so good. 41/57 cloudy with rain coming about 9am. Oh well.
I am going to start printing my tax documents and getting that together. Then will see if I can figure out Edward Jones tax papers since I had a withdrawal this year after selling stocks that I lost on anyway so dont think I will owe anything on them but need to figure out the documentation on the IRS forms.
My other task is continuing to play with my new laptop and Windows 11. Still working on figuring out and "remembering" how I do and/or did something. Today I will take some notes LOL see if that helps.
Breakfast time and a shower then will do a few housekeeping chores until lunch.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:41 am

The rain has arrived here! Wind quite strong, rain not real heavy, but definitely rain!
I found some receipts on utube for cookies that sound good. First two ingredients are always dry oats and apples. Nuts but no sugar nor flour! Because the oats have to be spun and the apples have to be crushed, I went to Amazon to find what I could use. I found a mini cusinart that will work. Has two settings and is quite small. The receipes are in German with English subtitles. We will see how they turn out!
Good Rainey day activity.
Velda and Judy. I am just so sorry about your son’s health set backs. You must be very worried. Thinking about you both with lots of love.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:51 am

Sending healing thoughts to Velda and Judy, and to their sons.

I think I said "Rabbits" at about 2:30 a.m., but I might have spoken to Joe after midnight.

Does that count, or am I out of luck for the month?

As for the weather - rain? What rain? Looking at weather.gov (the United States government weather website) everything is highlighted in an ominous yellow color, with "Flood Watch NOW until 4:00a.m. Fri", with todays forecast "Flood Watch - 90% Heavy Rain".

All rather alarming. . . except. . . the sky is a beautiful blue, with only a few scattered clouds here and there, and the sun is shining brightly.

I'll take it. :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Shirlv » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:52 am

Morning Beth and All, Bright sunshine so it’s a good day. U did say rabbits. Had a doctor appointment yesterday so had Chinese for lunch. The fortune cookie said “those who walk in others tracks leave no footprints”, Makes you think. Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 pm

I saw Barbie's reminder after midnight but I had already talked to CC and Luna. CC is still afraid of Luna and any cat that will run she will chase. CC has figured out that if he sits in my lap it's a safe place from the dog. It's like he's saying "Ha Ha, this is my Mother." Judy, you are probably right about a cat falling in the water bucket.

Judy, so sorry your son is back in the hospital.

Barbie, sorry the agents have backed out on you.

I went to the Meetup last night and there were 10 of us. There are usually only about 6 that go at a time. It's a good thing they had put us in a corner because it was one of the ladies birthday and they were getting a little loud but we had a good time. The restaurant was a little more upscale than where we usually go. Places like that never have the kind of wine I drink. As my son says the kind with the screw top. lol I ordered a 10 inch pizza and brought half of it home.

The weather was so nice yesterday and it got up to 77. I don't think it will be that warm today. We have rain headed this way for Friday night and Saturday. There are two big Mardi Gras parades on Saturday in Lafayette.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:40 pm

Good afternoon ladies!

Judy & Velda, I'm so sorry both your sons are struggling with health issue and pray things will turn around for them both.

We left FL early Monday morning to spend time with a friend originally from MD, now in GA, whose wife died. They came for our 50th anniversary celebration last year. His son didn't show up until yesterday, so we've been spending time with him to be sure he was okay. He's 83, has COPD and other health issues and didn't want him to be alone. So when I talked to him Sunday, I told him we'd be there the next day, Monday. We'll be leaving tomorrow to head back to FL and I'll call him regularly to check in on him.

I said Rabbits but not until after I said good morning to Steve. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that making an effort helps.
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:44 pm

The SUN is out :D :D I totally forgot it was the end of the month so no Rabbits. Glad for the reminder as it is heart worm pill time for all three dogs. Toby loves them, Emma and Pippa hate them. Pippa is the worst though so I put hers off until tomorrow as I have to give her a pill before the HW to keep her from throwing up. I wrapped Emma's in a soft cheese but it was rejected so resorted to opening her mouth and sticking it down her throat.

Shirl I am pondering your fortune cookie message!

I'm researching eczema this morning preparing for a Hypnosis/reiki appointment with a woman in London over WhatsApp. I always like to know a little about the issue a person has to be able to understand what they are dealing with and what possible other resources are available. My psychologist friend in Fl has clients from all over the world and there are some that she refers to me for hypnosis. I'm excited about learning more about how to use WhatsApp as I have only answered calls not placed them. I have a friend in Ireland I would like to connect with but she lives in a very remote area so not sure if that is a problem. But now I have to research lunch!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Happy February!

I always set an alarm for 11:59 p.m. so I remember 'Rabbits'. New Year's Eve I dozed before it went off and last night I turned it off and went to bed early! Luckily, I remembered when I woke up this morning.

Judy, so sorry your son has had another setback! Velda, I hope there is an opening for Chris soon.

I almost hated to go to the doctor for my check up yesterday with all that's been happening to friends and family! What I thought could possibly a melanoma isn't - thank goodness. I have lots of old age spots, but this one is different, and my paternal grandmother died from melanoma thus my concern. Also, my BP was so low she told me to stop meds! Weird.

The rain is getting old and we are going back to below freezing at night next week. May have a dry day tomorrow. I saw this morning the rock slides have started in the area.

Here's to a month of things going better!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Othersharon » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:53 pm

I remembered to say rabies right at midnight last night so hope it works! We actually had a few hours of sun and blue sky yesterday with low 40’s. Gotta take what we get! We went for a nice walk and the road was as muddy as I thought it would be but that didn’t stop Buddy from exploring and sniffing. I used the 8 ft leash so it gave him a little more distance to do his thing. And on the way back to the car we practiced his heel, turns and sit. Doesn’t take him but a minute to get into it and do it well. Still working on the recall, still has a tendency to ignore me if he decides he doesn’t want to listen to me. It’s hit or miss! But at least I know he knows what he should do even if he ignores me! Think I should have named him Brat since I seem to mutter that fairly often! Today I need to tackle the kitchen floor again. It seems to stay in a constant state of dirty with our comings and goings! At least I take my shoes off. Working on getting him to stand still for me to at least try to wipe his feet! We’ll get there eventually! I’ve been sending good thoughts to everyone with family health issues and hope for a successful and speedy recoveries. I’ve been getting my tax documents ready to take in but still have one more to come and I should be ready to take them in. I finally decided to start using Chewy to get Buddy’s food. I have it on auto ship so I don’t need to worry about having to go get it! So now that it’s February we are getting closer to spring! I hope you all have a good day and a good month.
Othersharon

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:04 pm

[quote="chalet05"]Happy February!
I almost hated to go to the doctor for my check up yesterday with all that's been happening to friends and family! What I thought could possibly a melanoma isn't - thank goodness. I have lots of old age spots, but this one is different, and my paternal grandmother died from melanoma thus my concern. Also, my BP was so low she told me to stop meds! Weird.

That is weird Anita did they say whether yours was one you had to wean off of? Also I'm surprised she didn't have you record your BP for a week and see if it stays low. My regular doctor told me to increase my BP but I checked with my heart doctor and they told me do the testing for a week then based on that they LOWER my dosage. My pressure always escalates at the doctors office.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:16 pm

Redetotry wrote:That is weird Anita did they say whether yours was one you had to wean off of? Also I'm surprised she didn't have you record your BP for a week and see if it stays low. My regular doctor told me to increase my BP but I checked with my heart doctor and they told me do the testing for a week then based on that they LOWER my dosage. My pressure always escalates at the doctors office.

I've just used the two monitors I have here and BP registers high on both - I've wondered how accurate either of them are. As soon as I left the office, I was wishing I had asked her to recheck it. I'll be having it checked probably back at the clinic. Mine is usually always up when I go to dentist or doctor and it was lower when I went to the dentist last time - I think that's why I didn't question her. In the past when I ran out of meds on the road, I got a headache after a few days. Anyway, I'll be watching it.
Anita
chalet05

Postby PeggyinCT » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:58 pm

Hello Everybody. I’m still in beautiful Kino Bay. Still enjoying my walks on the beach. That’s about it. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:36 pm

When I went for my annual checkup in December my blood pressure was high when the nurse first checked. She said she was going to let me settle down and check it again in a few minutes. After sitting for a few minutes my blood pressure was good. It's always high when I go to the doctor. After experiences my MIL and son had with blood pressure medicine I would really question if they wanted me to take any.

A little while ago there was a roaring outside like a jet was landing over the house. It went on too long for it to be a plane. It sounded like after there is a gas pipe line explosion except those start off with an explosion and then the roar. I'll have to ask my neighbors if they heard it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:57 pm

Woke up to rain this morning, fell back to sleep and woke up at 12:30! Still a nice steady rain. Better than heavy flooding rain for sure!

Now watching the golf tournament under a cozy blanket. So far no issues with the TV. Haven't called Spectrum yet...

I didn't remember to say Rabbits until about 12:15am, after I had talked to the fish (yes, he is still hanging in there) and the cats. But the month is already starting out not so good. January started off with Covid and now February is starting off with no real estate agent and no contract. :(

Gonna be a lazy day today. Just eat, nap, watch golf, and listen to the rain. :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Next

Return to Morning Coffee