Big Game Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Big Game Sunday

Postby Shirlv » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:57 am

Morning All, Rainy yuck day in Maryland. The grow lights fill the sitting room with sunshine which helps plants and me too. lol life is much slower in my new digs but so am I. Garfield the cat is getting use to me. Sometimes he visits and takes a nap behind my recliner. Two old timers just hanging out.

A game gathering here today. Lots of food and noise so I will stay tucked in my space. Do not watch football anymore but will be rooting for home team, Ravens.

Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Big Game Sunday

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:17 am

Morning Shirl. I'm glad you and Garfield have become friends. Garfield recognizes a good person!!!

I'm quite lazy this morning which is pretty normal. Time to get up and about.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:15 pm

Good morning, we have some sunshine today and will be 69, lots of clouds but still the sunshine managing to peek thru. Nothing big on my agenda except want to watch the football game so getting my chores done early. Cleaned out the pantry the other day so today will clean and wash down the fridge. Already washed the floors in there so hope I dont drop anything LOL
Shirl glad you have your little space to retreat to when necessary. I need to go to Dollar Tree and get some more plastic baskets for organizing in my shed and house. I wont go today tho. I try not to shop at all on the weekend unless it is just a quick dash in and out for something I really need but that is rare . Charging my battery operated sprayer so I can get after the weeds in my back yard before they take over and get too big. Figure I will do that in a few hours. I have to say I LOVE my battery operated sprayer. Emma will have to stay in the house and she wont like that if I am out back. Oh well.
Says it will rain tomorrow and be 65 so want to accomplish one outside chore. I would love to wash my car but that seems sorta silly so will just do the windows. No plans to really go anywhere unless it is not really raining tomorrow then maybe go for a short drive.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Irmi » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Good afternoon ladies.

Velda, I am sorry for everything going on in your life and Chris'. I hope he heals from this to be sent to the next step down before going home. Judy, so happy to hear your son is home and won't have any set backs this time. Anita, I've been keeping your brother on my prayer list as well. Shirl, I keep track of the weather in MD everyday to make sure we're warmer than you are. Sometimes it's not by much. I'm so tired of this see saw winter. Beth, it's okay to get up late. Besides, it's weekend. Karen, Steve cleaned the car yesterday. We have more "stuff" coming from Amazon to take care of the other two vehicles.

We were in the mid 80's yesterday and we are in the 60's today with temps dropping into the 40's tonight. Like I said, see saw weather.

A dear friend that we've known for about 40 years called yesterday to let us know his wife had a heart attack yesterday and died. So we'll be going to GA when we get the arrangements for her service to go to that and spend time with Bill. We met them camping in MD and have stayed in touch ever since. They came here last year for our 50th wedding celebration.

Steve is watching the game on TV and at this point, it is tied 7 - 7. Tomorrow I will be dressing in layers again for the next week, which means the washing machine will get a workout again this week. You will never hear me complain about the temps in the 90's.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Irmi

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Irmi, did Steve ever find the battery in the electric cart!
Judy, tell your son to go slow on the liquids. Jello
Is a clear liquid. It sounds like he is making good progress .
It really warmed up here! Feels good.
I read a good book on the history of trans people. Is that too political for this forum Beth?
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

He says he is feeling better, but he knows he has to be careful with the liquids, especially after his last episode where he ended up back in the hospital. He has always been thin, but looks even thinner to me. He is 6'3" tall and until he was about 40, he weighed only about 165, but was up to 200 in the last few years. Even that is not much for a man who is so tall! And the photos show his pants being really baggy, so I have no idea what he weighs.

I cleaned out and reorganized one outside compartment today, still have a couple more to do, but going for a bike ride tomorrow, so will have to wait until Tuesday. At least it is cooler today. This is one place where how I park ends up with the side with the refrigerator facing the sun, so can feel the heat. Should be in very low 70s all next week.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:21 pm

I made it to my Hospice dinner and my food was good. I had Crawfish Étouffée over rice and fried catfish with fried shrimp on the side and a small cup of gumbo. I brought half home for supper. Going to Lafayette takes a big chunk out of my day. I didn't get home until 3:30. It was only 58 and cloudy. It felt damp but at least it wasn't raining. I don't know where you are Judy but 70 sounds good.

Shirl, Garfield might be working up to sitting with you. lol If I sit in the recliner I will have 3 or 4 cats trying to sit with me.

I found something on line about the "improvements" they made to the Blink camera system. I knew they had changed something because everything looked different. It is taking a long time for it to load the pictures it takes. It's like the improvements they make to computers, not improvements to me.

Tomorrow I have to clean up the back bedroom where the router is for the service person coming on Tuesday. It has become a catch all for things that need to be gone.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:51 am

rarely have a night were sleep is not deep last night was one of them..I kept waking up needed to get up about 9 to get ready for church after church I fixed lunch after waiting the half hour had bagel and fruit... then scriptures then nap set a timer remember turning it off and woke up an hour later so gave mom the options of what I planned that would take at least half hour or soup she opted for soup ... :lol:
so tomorrow will have the dish I'd planned on for tonight was going to use up the taco meat that I'd frozen and a little bit of hamburger and make a mac and hamburger dish dd was coming tonight but that changed she is coming tomorrow but won't be here in time for supper although I hopefully will have enough leftover so fill her up... got out chicken for butter chicken for tomorrow cause dd was going to be here now I need to see if she will be here Tues if so I'll keep it out if not will put most of it back and just keep enough out for Tuesday unless it thaws too much then guess I will cook it up and stick it back in the freezer for other dishes... hoping all is going well with the ones in all of our thoughts and prayers
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:55 am

Sheila, the term you are looking for is "aspiration pneumonia". My dad had that several times and that is actually what he passed away from. He had polio when he was young and it affected his throat so he always had to tip his head to one side in order for the food and liquids to go down the right way. When he was drinking (alcohol), and later got alcohol dementia, he would forget to do that and then ended up with food going down the wrong way and getting pneumonia. He had a stomach feeding tube for awhile due to that as well. He finally got that removed and eventually had problems again.

I am not into the Super Bowl unless the Vikings, Packers, or Broncos are in it. None of them this year. I used to love watching the commercials but lately those are really boring. I will probably just watch the Puppy Bowl instead.

As far as not remembering things if they are not written down, I am really bad about that. With haircuts here in the park, most people text me so I have their information on my phone and then I set an alarm on my phone for their appointment. A week ago I stopped to visit a neighbor who asked if I could give her and her husband haircuts on that weekend. We set a time and day. Once I left their house, the whole thing left my brain and I totally forgot, until I got a text from her when I didn't show up! :oops:

Weather here is hitting around 80* now until Thursday when another storm comes thru and then temps drop into the 60's for several days after that. I did notice today that the bare mountains around here are turning green with small plants growing on them. (the lower part of the mountains are mostly just rock with a few plants here and there, and the higher elevations have pine and oak trees). That doesn't happen very often out here unless we get a lot of rain. Should have a great wildflower season in a few months!

Been watching "My Cat From Hell" and it sure makes me happy that my cats are so good and get along so well. :D

Velda, I really feel for you with all you and Chris are dealing with right now. Glad things are starting to improve but sounds like he has a long road ahead of him. Keep on encouraging him!

Judy, glad your son is back home and it sounds like the doctors are taking things a lot slower this time as far as the food goes.

I worked today and my back was killing me by the end of the day! I needed to shop for a few things but ended up just going home instead. I have tomorrow off so I can go pick those things up then. Need to get the house cleaned up in case the new real estate agent wants to stop by this week.

Good night...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee