Last Friday of January

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Friday of January

Postby Colliemom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 am

Good Morning from the thawing 45th. Hard to believe it’s almost end of January already. But then this winter has been so mild, hard to believe it’s even January. After a long snowless stretch of weather, a stretch of cold and snowy weather that finally put Winter where it belongs here, we are now back to a stretch of warmer than normal temps with some light rain and have lost about half to 3/4 of the snow we had. Needless to say, it’s put the damper in some activities. Next week’s forecast looking really nice with exception of some snow showers on Tuesdsy. I see a ride or two in my future.

Nothing much doing here. Usual keeping after the house, Diamond Art, errands etc. Had friend who came up to her place for the week, over for dinner yesterday. We had a nice visit. Today is going to be a sort of leisurely day. Couple of small tasks from the To Do list and then work in my Diamond canvas. Maybe a dog walk later. Speaking of the which, are snoozing. Piper just woke up and jumped off the love seat, dragging herself toward the bedroom and probably my bed :lol: I love watching half asleep dogs moving around. I have the paint color picked out for kitchen and think I have one for my bathroom. Haven’t heard from painter I called, but I know they
are busy. It was late last Friday when I called him, he as at work of course and then heading to the UP to go snowmobiling, soon as they were done for the day. So he may have forgotten about my call. Will wait a few more days. There’s another one just up the road here too I can call too.

Velda and Judy, hope your son’s continue to improve slowly but surely. Has to be miserable for both of them and I know big worries for both of you. Also hope tbe weather improves for all the areas getting storms and way too much rain. Beth, sounds like you and your neighbors are having fun with your TT project.

Guess I should get myself out of this recliner and get the blood flowing , so can accomplish something. You all have a nice day out there and stay safe in all all these crazy storms and weather patterns.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Last Friday of January

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:52 am

Son is going home today with Picc line and TPN, so he and his wife have had training on how to manage the line and the nutrition. A nurse will visit every three days. He will also be able to have two ounces of fluids by mouth every hour, but no food for two weeks, then back to hospital to assess. They started the two ounces of fluid yesterday as a test, so hopefully it goes OK. No stomach blockage, but it is operating very slowly.

Parks Canada, the national park reservation area, opens reservations for parks in certain areas every couple of days, so Banff and Lake Louise area opened this morning at 10 am EST. I got on at 9:30 am, but at the opening time, they randomly assign you to a place in line. Two days ago, I got only 14,000 people ahead of me. Today, there were 37,000 ahead of me, and now (10:52 am) there are 22,306 ahead of me, so an hours wait to go, at least. This covers quite a few campgrounds in Alberta in the Lake Louise/Banff area, so I hope I can get my date in September, but I will be flexible. And the dates available include May, as well as all summer, so I am hoping Sept is better????

I have read all your postings, Velda, but did they decide what has caused your son's problems? Seems complicated and I did not understand all of it.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:43 pm

Good afternoon. Another rainy cloudy day here but not real cold 54 right now. This weekend will still be rainy but temps are going to be in the low 60's, that is so not good for our snowpack. Lets hope we have more colder weather ahead.
Put my grocery orders in and went and picked them up and all put away. Then fixed a big salad for lunch. Soon will make a Hazelnut mocha and sit back and relax.
Need to get my tax stuff together but of course Edward Jones never has it ready until right before the deadline of Feb 15th. Oh well I am not in a hurry as I usually have to pay anyway. Hoping Judy and Veldas sons are on the road to recovery. I was looking all over for my phone and finally realized I left it in my car with my purse LOL just forgot to grab it when I was hauling in the groceries. I should be all set in that food dept for a couple of weeks now.
Was going to change the bed linen today but think I just changed it not too long ago so will wait until after the weekend. Have my eye doc appt on Monday so might do it after that as I cannot see much anyway if they dilate but maybe it is just an injection appointment, those are not so bad.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:24 pm

Good evening gals!

Still dealing with my cough but mostly only in the evenings. Pretty good all day tho. My ribs are still a little tender but nothing painful like last week. My left ear is plugged up and ringing but no pain. Still very tired tho. Been sleeping a lot of hours each night.

Sue, in MN the second week of January (my birthday week) is always super frigid temps and then a week or so later, we get the "January thaw" with temps above freezing for a few days. Then back to frigid in February all month.

Judy, I hope they didn't send your son home again too soon. :? Velda, sounds like your son is making progress, slow but sure. How is the cat?

I got a call from my agent yesterday saying he has to go in for some surgery in a week or so and will have a long recovery so he is turning me over to one of his associates for the next few months. I assume she will be coming over sometime next week to see my place and talk to me about it. Maybe she will have some new insights to share.

Today at work, the guy who is a barber asked me to help him, if needed, with a woman's haircut. So I gave him a little bit of advice and showed him how to do a few things, otherwise I just watched what he was doing. Another haircut came in and I asked the other stylist if she could take it so I could keep an eye on this guys haircut. She said she would help him out so I could take the new haircut. I was reluctant but she insisted. I knew what was gonna happen tho, and sure enough she went right over and just did the whole rest of the haircut herself. :twisted: He was doing pretty good on his own and just needed a few bits of advice, not be taken over by her.

I have tomorrow off. I need to do some cleaning/decluttering. Doesn't need too much since I just did the whole place a week or so ago. Will go to the weekly BBQ at noon and get a hamburger for lunch. Need to get caught up on laundry too.

I too, have issues with smells, odors, scents, etc. I am extremely sensitive to cleaning products especially if they have bleach, ammonia, etc in it. Pinesol will send me outside in a hurry coughing with eyes burning. :o The only perfumes I am handle are musky ones or light floral scents ("light" being the key word). My mom would douse herself in perfume just before getting in the car with me and I would have to open up the windows for awhile! Those were the only arguments we ever had, was about her perfume!

Will finish up my tuna hot dish for supper tonight. Been wanting to make chili and/or goulash. Need to get out my mom's recipes for them.

Have a good evening!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:41 pm

Judy, the story about that cat was interesting! Cats only have so much patience and then the claws and teeth come out!

It did remind me of when I had my first two ferrets, Lucy & Greta. I brought them to a pet fair in Minneapolis and entered Greta in the American Ferret Assoc's judging classes. Lucy had a missing toe, so she didn't qualify and just hung out in the cage most of the day. I had been carrying Greta around for awhile and then was waiting in line with her for her turn with the judge. She was getting a little restless but I figured she was nervous with all the noise and activity around us. Just as I handed her over to the judge, she let loose! She pooped all over the front of the judge! :shock: I was so embarrassed! :oops: The judge cleaned herself off and cleaned off Greta and then finished looking her over for the judging contest. Luckily, Greta wasn't disqualified. She came in 3rd place in her class. I think she would have come in second if that hadn't happened tho. Still pretty good tho for her first (and only) show.

I learned that ferrets can only hold their stuff for a short amount of time (I was pretty new to the whole ferret lifestyle! :lol: ) and that was why she was getting restless. They pooh every three hours! :o
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:50 pm

My internet is down again. It’s not raining yet but it’s close. I’ll type in notes and post when the internet is up again.

I went out this morning to put some trash out and dumb butt Charlie was following the neighbor’s cat down the road. I think that cat is senile. I had to hurry up and go get him before the trash truck passed.

Yesterday I got a rotisserie chicken and this morning I deboned it and am cooking the skin and bones in water to make stock for soup or gumbo. I wanted to have some chicken meat in the freezer to put in things. Today is fish Friday at the deli but I don’t feel like going to town.

I'll see if I can finish this before more rain gets here. I got another 1/2 inch this morning.

Barbie, I don't know how you could take Ferrets out in public. I would think if they took off you couldn't catch them. The same for cats. I have never been to a cat show. For a few years there were cat shows in Lafayette but I never made it to one. I don't see cats doing anything they don't want to do. Hope you have better luck with the new agent.

Right before dark Charlie got in a fight with the neighbor's cat and the cat hurt him. I don't see any blood but it took me a long time to get him out from under the car. He did eat something and now he's curled up in a chair. You can bet if there is trouble it's on a weekend or when the vet is closed. I will probably have to bring him Monday for a shot.

I have been fighting with my Blink camera system for an hour. I don't know what I did but finally got the clips to load. Probably trouble from all the internet ups and downs.

I have tried twice to eat the leftovers from the Mexican Restaurant. I think they will have to go in the trash.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 pm

I always put a harness and leash on the ferrets when I took them outside. They can get into any small nook or cranny.
This pet fair was inside a large auditorium. I kept Greta's harness on until I was in line for the judging. I also had a large purse type thing that I put her in when I was walking around with her. She was well-behaved and stayed in there other than occasionally peeking out to see what was going on. Lucy was a whole different story! :shock: She was a wild one full of unending energy and curiosity!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:01 am

After seeing how they stretch the cats out and do other things with them, I guess I am on the side of the cat!

Generally speaking, cats do only what they want to do and obviously this cat did not want to be handed to the judge!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:24 am

we went out to lunch at a Chinese restaurant to basically ate from the appetizers and got some soup we both like hot and sour... and I got a to go sweet and sour combo planned on that for supper got filled up at least I did but mom was grazing not long after we got home... watermelon not sure what else I thought when we got home she would take a long nap... but near as I can tell she didn't I went into my room and read scriptures... and a chapter in my book ...we had the sweet and sour for supper as well as the two crispy shrimp that were left I've decided that there is no real good way to reheat sweet and sour this restaurant doesn't put the sauce on the meat just in a big to go container and you add it when you reheat it up I thought hey I can heat it up in the A/F I either did it too long or something it was crispier that I wanted but at least it wasn't soggy better crispy than soggy
we've been going through a January thaw but looking at the temps right now it looks like at least for the night time we are back to normal it's 16 right now... sure wish we would get some of the predicted storms :(
has anyone used La Roche Posay lotion??? keep seeing the ads for it I have really really dry skin especially my feet my hands and elbows especially on my left side why I'd like to know but it does seem worse on that side
Can't believe how many times mom is going to the restaurant and I didn't even give her a water pill today :roll:
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee