Mixed Weather Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Mixed Weather Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:23 am

Good Morning. I’m calling this a Mixed Weather day. We had about an inch or two of wet snow late yesterday and today might be some scattered rain showers, bit of fog and possible freezing drizzle late this afternoon and tonight, with highs in 30’s. Looking cloudy most of the day though. When we have these mild winter weather episodes, anything is possible. Was thinking of running the blower over the drives, but maybe not. But will clear the deck and walks later.

Big news in town is Hobby Lobby. .Trucks are appearing at the store and stockers are being hired. Sounds like February 12th opening day. Been a long wait and the excitement is building. It has been dearly missed. Bigger than the one destroyed by the tornado. Goodwill has also moved back into their destroyed and new rebuilt store too. Remarkable recovery since May of 2022 considering it takes time to demolish, set lans in place for reconstruction and construction, with a Winter preventing too much work being started. Homestead have been replaced, rebuilt or repaired as have businesses that were either damaged or destroyed. There are of course those lingering behind the scenes long term things you don’t see like financial hardships, injuries that are taking a long time to recover from if ever etc.

Interesting conversation on scented stuff. I too can’t tolerate scented stuff like I used to. There are some I can like Murphy’s oil soap, some pine scents etc. and certain brands of paint. But I don’t keep air fresheners in the house and use scent free laundry detergent as sell. And scent free bar soap. One thing that people don’t think about when using all that scented stuff is, if they have pets, it can make them sick. I don’t even like walking down the aisles of scented candles in the stores anymore either.

Errand day today and another swing by paint store, this time to find chips for my bathroom. Taking a flooring sample along. Still waiting to hear from painter, but he will be along eventually. Gives me a chance to play with colors.

So, guess I should hit the shower and get this day moving.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Mixed Weather Wednesday

Postby Cudedog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:48 am

Colliemom wrote:Interesting conversation on scented stuff. I too can’t tolerate scented stuff like I used to. There are some I can like Murphy’s oil soap, some pine scents etc. and certain brands of paint. But I don’t keep air fresheners in the house and use scent free laundry detergent as sell. And scent free bar soap. One thing that people don’t think about when using all that scented stuff is, if they have pets, it can make them sick. I don’t even like walking down the aisles of scented candles in the stores anymore either.

Errand day today and another swing by paint store, this time to find chips for my bathroom. Taking a flooring sample along. Still waiting to hear from painter, but he will be along eventually. Gives me a chance to play with colors.

Sue, what brands of paint do you find least objectionable? Thanks.

I also don't like walking down the aisles of any store that stocks any kind of scented stuff.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:56 pm

Annie, Inuse both Valspar and Behr. None of those cheap store brands for me either. They may be cheap but the problem of it is like you say they are watered down and you’re actually need to use double the paint that you would if you bought a more expensive one. Form form perfect Bob Bob, Bob Bob. A lot of painters here use Sherwin Williams. I am going to use that in my kitchen. Inused a Valspar in my bathroom a couple years ago and you wouldn’t even know I painted. It has gotten to the point now where you’re better quality paint I show love rock that you can’t even tell.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:32 pm

Light rain off and on all day today. I managed to get the paint/stain for the stairs to the tt, but they'll have to be dried out before they can be done. Even with the humidity, friend Diane went in the tt and did another coat, but thinks she'll have to touch up more. Right now, after more reason overnight, we're showing no rain expected and actually some sun the next several days. That'll make a lot of difference. So since my friend isn't coming I went back to spring in here and tonight my trunk is filled with things for the tt. It'll need a good cleaning before a lot can go on, but I'll go back over the inside of the cabinets and should be able to put things away in some of them and store the others inside some of them. I should have weighed my C before starting. I'm guessing I was overweight with do much extra in here. Geez. A lot of things are inexpensive new, but geez lol. I will have sundresses just for here and others for in the C. I took half my underwear and socks and still have more than enough to go 10 days in both. Does that give you an idea?

Anne, the paint I had mixed at Lowe's today was a good Valspar one-coat exterior stain and sealant. I'm sure you'll need a different type, which is very important to have the right type for your specific project, but I agree that the better brands make a difference, too. I don't know what kind of paint Diane was using in my tt today. But with the humidity keeping the air not moving, I only went in for a short time and could feel my throat reacting. But not at all like it has in the past. And I didn't stay. I doubt it would have been the same reaction if we weren't at 90+ humidity with no air movement in there. I'm going to order the carpet squares after I get the place cleaned up from the current projects. And tomorrow I'll have an order arriving that will hopefully give me what I need to hang the rest of my curtains. While I've lived my RVs, and this is an RV, I'm able to do decorating that has me feeling more like a home. It's fun. If I have time in Arizona I'm going to see about having the inside of the casita painted and getting pictures hung there. Yes, maybe I am becoming a homebody, but with a few homes lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:34 pm

Thank you, Sue and Beth.

Much appreciated!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:28 pm

Form form perfect Bob Bob, Bob Bob.

Huh??
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee