Monday, Jan. 22

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, Jan. 22

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:14 am

Morning everyone. Seems like it was just New Year’s Day and now January is almost over. My winter is flying by. Maybe because we really haven’t had Winter till about 2 weeks ago. So I was out and about, doing things I normally wouldn’t have been doing if snow and cold had been here. And getting into Diamond Painting has been a great way to keep busy too.

But now it’s time to get into my house projects I want to get done before spring. I have a painter coming over first part of this week to give me an estimate on painting my kitchen and I’m looking a paint chips for my two bedrooms and my small bathroom. Also in a purging mood, so will be doing a bit of that. Don”t have much to purge anymore, but there’s a few things I will take to donation and my Mr. Coffee is going to the church kitchen. Haven’t used it in over 5 years. I’m not a coffee drinker and don’t have company, so no need for it. Want to get a small Keurig for making hot cocoa and can keep a few Kcups around just in case. Better than a whole can of unused coffee.

Velda and Judy, so sorry to hear about your sons. Hope the docs can get things under control. Will keep them in my prayers. Beth, that’s nice of your neighbor to fix your TT. He probably doesn’t want any money because it gives him something to do. Sone guys just like to be busy. Karen, thanks for the recap on the dog show. Sounds like it was fun and glad Emma did so well. Can’t remember what else was gong on, but suffice to say, I’m keeping up with everybody.

We found out this week that Amazon is going to build a 42,500 square foot distribution center in Gaylord. Guess the process for land purchase etc.has been gong on for a while, but the City and Planning Commission were under an NDA (non disclosure agreement) and weren’t allowed to say anything about this happening or who was involved with it, until the news was released this week. All we know is the land has been cleared, trees removed and building is expected to start. No further info coming regarding how many people they may need to hire or anything regarding the operation from Amazon. Local paper has reached out to them, but so far no response. They sure are keeping it hush hush.

Ti e to get moving. Told myself I’m not lingering in this chair this morning. Already made my bed, washed Pipers bed liners, put a few things away from the dryer, gave the dogs their supplements and had my breakfast. Now to get dressed and head to town. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Monday, Jan. 22

Postby Othersharon » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:14 am

Good morning from sunny PA! Finally a day of sunshine! Started with single digit temperatures but supposed to get warmer, at least in the 30’s! But so nice to have some sunshine! Then tomorrow we’re supposed to get icy rain followed by a string of rain and 40’s for the rest of the week. So today we will definitely get out for a walk and I need to get gas in my car and maybe a run into Walmart for a few things I get there. I checked last night and I see Salvation Army is doing pick ups again so I need to set something up for them to come get all the things I’ve been gathering to donate. They ask what you have so I need to list everything and how much. It’ll feel good to finally get rid of it all! Then I can start over again to get rid of more! It’s been a slow process but I’m finding that items I thought I couldn’t get rid of now aren’t so important to me or haven’t been used like I thought I would. Lyn, glad your pup did so well at the show. For sure Buddy’s not ready for something like that! He and I have been working in the house on his manners but he really needs to get out and stretch his legs and see something new! Playing fetch in all this snow is proving to be a challenge at least for me! Not so much for him! I end up freezing my feet no matter what my boots say! Velda and Judy, I hope your sons and kitty start recovering. I will send thoughts your way that they recover soon. Barbie, hoping your house sells soon. Are the realtors giving you any feedback as to why it isn’t? Beth, it’s exciting that you have your TT to work on and make your own. And that you have someone to help fix it up. My DH always got antsy not having anything to tinker with when we went on vacation so bet your neighbor is the same! Guess I really should get moving and get outside to shovel some snow off the driveway to help it melt faster. Usually if I cut a couple of passes down it the sun warms up the blacktop enough to melt the rest! There isn’t that much since I took care of it the other day when we had the heavier snow. This is just probably less than half an inch. Just enough to bug me! Have a good day all!!
Othersharon

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:37 am

Good Morning Sue and all who stop by later. If you lived closer Sue we could trade. I go through a lot Mr Coffee pots as coffee is the most important part of morning here. I have a Keurig I never use. You can't buy a 6 cup Mr Coffee anymore and they keep redesigning them so they are a pain to get everything in the right place. I should look for an old 'new in box' on eBay. We were supposed to have freezing rain today but so far the sidewalk isn't even wet so hope they are wrong and it gets up to the 36 they are predicting. It's supposed to be in the 40's and 50's with rain after today so compared to what it has been that sounds almost tropical. I just got Emma all brushed out from he weekend adventure, what a job! Just as I was almost finished someone rang our doorbell and all the dogs went crazy so I had to let her off the grooming table. It was the second person to come to the door wanting us to upgrade our internet server. I open the door a crack and said you don't really want to come in and we are not interested. I put the dogs up if I know someone is coming because they get so excited it's overwhelming for everyone. I let them out after everyone has a seat. The only problem is Pippa and Toby sense when someone is coming and start giving little woofs which get louder the closer it is time for them to arrive. I don't have any idea how they know. It is funny to watch. I need to find some place to go I have bad cabin fever!!
Barbie I'm glad to hear you are going to Urgent Care to check out your cough/lungs.
Sharon just saw you posted ahead of me, sounds as though our forecast is about the same. Buddy may miss the snow.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:20 pm

Well, the rain started around 8am this morning and it has been steady to heavy all morning. I have a small lake out back and my bedroom window is leaking again :roll: . Have towels bunched up on the window sill to soak up the water. The roads are flooding all over the valley. We haven't gotten nearly as much rain as the northern and western side of the valley. Supposed to keep raining like this all day and stay in the 50's. Poor Sophie is upset. :( She wants to be on the porch but the rain hitting the metal roof is very loud and she doesn't like it. I told her to just come inside instead. She just sits out there and meows sadly. I told her I can't stop the rain. Romeow is sleeping somewhere. I am hunkered down on my bed under a fuzzy blanket.

My cough was better and my ribs didn't hurt too bad this morning until I was eating a bagel and started having a bad coughing fit! That didn't help at all. My ribs hurt bad again. :roll: I press my hands on the spot that hurts to try and support it but it doesn't help much. Too wet and rainy to go anywhere today but will try to get to Urgent Care tomorrow, It is supposed to be 70* and sunny tomorrow.
Sounds like it is getting really windy out now too!

I actually had 2 haircuts to do this morning across the street. Got those done and came right back home to my cozy bed! :D Good day to hang out in bed with a fuzzy blanket and some books! Probably a good soup day too!

Stay warm and dry! Shadow, the fuzzy black kitty is hanging out on my deck which is protected from the wind and rain.

Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:05 pm

Son is doing about same as yesterday--a little nausea and no food or water, but pain better. They are inserting a Picc line right now for TPN (total Parenteral Nutrition). Hope it goes in easily.

I tried again to put the seal in my toilet, but it just won't stay. I have done it before with no problems, and I am thinking the ball valve might be bent. Got an appt with Camping World next week and a possible appt with a mobile technician but have not heard back from him. Luckily toilet is still working and does not smell unless I drive, at which point I have been covering it up with a flexible rubber thing I have meant to put hot pots on. So I can live with it for a few days.

I made an appointment with a urologist at Cleveland Clinic Florida for Feb 7th for a second opinion and checkup on stone in left kidney. It is a long story, but I saw an new urologist in Ohio in May 2022, and he told me about stone, but then referred me to a PA who has been running tests to find cause of lifelong stone problem. First she said I had gout, but I had no symptoms and further tests were negative, then she said I was eating too much protein, but I am not. She was not listening to me when I responded to her about nighttime snacks and put down that I ate 2 hardboiled eggs every night!!!! Not true--did it only once. And she wrote this in my chart online!!!! Finally, based on one blood test and a cat scan, she referred me to an endocrinologist who scheduled me for parathyroid surgery in June because of a very small nodule. All this to prevent kidney stones I have not had in 4.5 years. Have not seen urologist since, so I want a second opinion from urologist on this and an update on the supposed stone in my left kidney. Do I really need parathyroid surgery?? Just rethinking whole thing.

Weather in Florida is screwy!!! It was hot and now is chilly to the point of needing a jacket outside even in daylight. Nights have been in 40s---Brrrr. Yes, I know I am complaining when it is a lot colder up north.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:11 pm

ADDENDUM: About 10 days ago, I took the ring seal out of my toilet and cleaned it because it was not holding water at all. I cleaned it and the ball, and then tried to put it back--like several times. But I just could not get it into the ring it is supposed to seat into. I had done this several times before and never had any trouble, but this time was a pain. I even made an appointment at Camping World and called a mobile technician to get a price for fixing it. I was afraid the ball was bent and I would need to replace the whole toilet. I was also afraid I would drop the seal into the black tank and end up with a big cost getting it out.

So, tonight I decided to give it one last try, and after trying it with the ball open and closed, it finally snapped into place. Whew! Not only that, it actually seems to hold water. So I am stressed with all the tries, but I think I finally got it in the right place and sealed. Saved myself a lot of money and a trip to Camping World. :D :D :D :D :D
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:22 pm

Today is a no heat or AC needed day and night and tomorrow looks to be the same. Yay. Today was fish fry day here. I love the fish fry days. Most of the difficult work rebuilding the front inside end of the tt was finished today. It's quite a mess inside now. The couple helping say they're going to clean up, but I've told them that's something I'm capable of doing. Another neighbor with a truck is driving myself and this other to Home Depot so he can get what he needs for my steps he's making. I said I wanted to go and put that on my credit card. And I'll pay them tomorrow for what they've spent on the inside project. I'm guessing when we get back the wife will have at least swept and she says she's going to paint primer on what he's done. I have the best neighbors. But maybe she'll sleep in. I would if I could lol

Good job, Judy!
Anne, I have trouble with almost anything scented and used to have major troubles around paint. I can survive much of what people use these days, but I'm not sure if I'd handle it as well if I was doing it and breathing it all that time, even with the better paints today. So I avoid painting as much as I can unless I can do it outside and let it dry and smell dissipate which obviously can't always be done. If I have to paint over the primer, I'll probably go back to my ideas of contact/wallpaper.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:34 am

Last night when my girls were helping well rephrase that were cleaning up one mentioned the smell from the dishwasher told her I've tried everything ran cleaner in the dishwasher put drain cleaner down the sink without the disposal and lemon in the garbage disposal and yes I had taken out the filter and cleaned it as well as the screen.... so she suggested that I don't have dishes in the dish washer when I run it (the kind I had said that you could use it with dishes in or out) she suggested that I empty the dishwasher and run it last night I didn't by the time it was finished that was the last thing I wanted to do... so this morning after brunch I cleaned it out I even took the utensil thingy out and looked in it one of the spaces had some gunk in it so sprayed it down and let it sit thing rinsed it out it even took a brush to it looked really good.. and the far reaches of the dishwasher I stretchered and got that cleaned up as well as the the filter and the screen out and cleaned out ... then ran it with the utensil thingy open and on the rack it looks really good smells good will see when it's ran what it smells like then..
so other than that I didn't do anything just the normal everyday things and as few of them as possible... I was wishing that sil had taken the garbage can out to the street last night ... we are having a what I used to hear it called when growing up the January thaw... today saw the temp was up to 40 pulling the can down where it was somewhat icy almost couldn't get the can to move over the pile of snow that is right in front of the garage doors it fell down from the over hang... some ice chunk fell on my hand and created a good bruise not really a bruise but those big spots one gets on their hand :roll:
reheated that shrimp pasta dish it was really good I think it would taste good with chicken and less pasta water still was moisture than I think it should have been...
in case anyone has been lying there awake wondering about my fingerless gloves :lol: I actually decided to finish the one to where I need to have a hand to see if it's big enough still had yarn so pulled out the pink on the other glove and was able to finish it and still have enough to sew it together that is unless it's not big enough then we will have to look at the pink again... :?
I am so hoping that all goes well with your boys and they start to feeling better...
Barbie my dd works in the loan dept of a bank and was getting lots of overtime now they are not allowed over time because the loans are way down... it could be part of the issue with your house but it might not hurt to ask your realtor what seems to be the issue... some things can be fixable other might not be
it sounds like Beth you have neighbors that love to help and as long as they do more what you want than what they want ...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:04 am

The rain cleared up this afternoon but then another storm came thru tonight for an hour or so. I think it is all done now. I heard San Diego got a lot of flooding from the storms too.

Watched some YouTube videos and then took a nap for a bit. Watched some TV and now am in bed.

Am planning to play golf in the morning. Will see how my coughing is in the morning, tho.

Sheila, I talked to an agent who is trying to sell a house across the street and she said there are very few people looking to buy right now. Pretty much all of these places are bought with cash. It is very hard to get financing for park models. So interest rates really don't affect the sales here.

Good night.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:37 pm

Bethers wrote:Anne, I have trouble with almost anything scented and used to have major troubles around paint. I can survive much of what people use these days, but I'm not sure if I'd handle it as well if I was doing it and breathing it all that time, even with the better paints today. So I avoid painting as much as I can unless I can do it outside and let it dry and smell dissipate which obviously can't always be done.

Thank you, Beth. Sounds like we are both in the same boat.

I think my only option is to paint the thing in the spare room (with the window open and the door closed) and then once the paint is a bit dry, take the thing outside and let it sit (I have a covered back porch) until the paint totally cures and is no longer off-gassing.

Which I think will probably take several days.

LOL. It's either that - or wait until warm weather (as someone suggested).

We'll see.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee