Sat Jan 13

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sat Jan 13

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:16 pm

Karen, thank you for all your talk about your heated throw. I finally ordered one and I'm under it now. I especially hate using my heat to warm the place up on days it's going to get there on its own. I'm surprised how happy I am on the lowest heat setting.

A couple more nice days before we hit the very cold spell coming this far south. Luckily it looks like we'll only have it for a few days. But then I think of my friends with the snow followed by ice up north. I loved getting snow when I lived up there, but when ice followed it was torture. Stay safe up there everyone. Driving becomes so hazardous.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Sat Jan 13

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:55 pm

Good morning gals!

All day yesterday I thought it was Thursday! Am so confused lately on what day it is! :?

Slept really good all night. Need to start eating better tho. Just not feeling hungry much. I am thinking of going to the clubhouse in awhile. They have their weekly BBQ with burgers for $5.

Am still feeling congested with the cough. Hope that all clears up soon.

I have a couple of double-decker lazy susans in my cupboard for my soups and cans of veggies. Saves a lot of space. I plan to use them in the RV eventually.

When things are slow to load on here, I just go to another site until I see this one is loaded. No waiting that way. I have lots of other sites to hang out in when I need to :D .

Those of you in the cold and snow, hunker down and stay safe and warm!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:17 pm

The site seems back to normal so far. That was just a pain to get on the site and then not be able to do anything except wait. So I am happy it is doing well.

Beth mine is usually always on the lowest setting and it keeps me just comfy cozy. I too see no reason to heat the whole house when I am just sitting. And if I am busy working in the house II keep plenty warm enough. I LOVE mine I even have an extra for company ha ha We are having mild weather 43 and rain.
Lucky Laura gets 19°with some snow and ice. In fact Eugene, just north of me is also cold with snow this morning. I am loving my "banana belt" weather despite the rain. The mountains are getting hammered but that is a good thing, except for travelers that have to go over any of the passes. I have some waterfront property in my back yard tho, due to the constant rain, maybe a small break today. Good thing Emma doesnt mind the rain.
The movie you folks watched was True Justice: Family ties: it is Episode 1 Season 1 so there will be more. I am waiting for February to get here so my favorite shows come back on. I dont have Youtubetv so grabbed a deal on Paramount +, and Peacock which are CBS and NBC No way to get an app for ABC but luckily it comes over my antenna. I only watch a couple shows on it anyway but one I really like so will have to stay up to watch it I guess. YoutubeTV is $73 and the other 2 are $5 and $5.99 but they were holiday offers so good to go for a while.
Judy I have no idea why he has a drain in his neck, only thing I can think of is maybe it is not a drain and just an IV Anesthesiologists often put a large bore in that vein in case they need to slam fluids or blood etc This is not a simple surgery Glad he is doing well so far. The NG tube is to rest his gut. I had one when I had the bowel obstruction, worst thing ever!!!! My doc took pity on me and let me have some ice chips tho, even if they did get sucked right back out. It was all carefully measured tho. Went to the store and picked up my other grocery order so I am all set. I have kind of a busy week this week Bunco, groomer, lunch. That is a busy week for me LOL Off to do a few housekeeping chores and then snuggle down all comfy.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:03 pm

The problem with my son's surgery is that I know how difficult and dangerous it can be. I had an attack of acute pancreatitis and a pseudocyst back in 2006 immediately after knee replacement surgery with propofol as the anesthesia. Spent total of 17 days in hospital with only a bit of ice each day. Before we knew I had only a pseudocyst, my gastroenterologist talked to me about Whipple surgery and why it is used only as a last resort. (My pseudocyst has since shrunk to a tiny nubbin.) And I recovered from knee replacement with very little PT since I was hooked up to a lot of IVs and could not walk or do much moving. Not a fun time.

Goal today was to vacuum, so I suppose I ought to get my vacuum out from my outside bin, right?? Got a sink full of dishes to do also.

A bit more rain today, so alligator pond here is very full. So far, the alligators are not coming out to bask. The 30 campsites are on the outside of the roadway that circles the pond, so all sites are about 45' from water. No pets or eating food between campground roadway and pond, for obvious reasons! Dark sky area, so strongly suggested you not go for a walk at night without a flashlight.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:36 pm

Karen, I just had to spend time on Google. The Hallmark movie is True justice: Family Ties. It is not part of the TV series. But they do hope to have another movie. I enjoyed the movie and hope they do. The TV series is simply True Justice and ran from 2011 and 2012 with Stephen Seagal. And there's no family ties in the name. I quit looking after that. Lol

I hate to admit it but I did nothing at the tt today. Well, the neighbor who's going to make my entrance steps came over and I approved his design and what he thinks the costs will be. He's refusing anything other than material costs. I'll have to take him and his wife out to eat or something before they leave. They're only here until the end of this month. I'll miss them. Luckily my other neighbors are here till late March like me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:23 pm

Beth sorry for the misinformation on your movie. Here I thought they were actually going to have another mystery series as I kind of liked those. Way less sappy than the movies. I didnt see that movie yet but set it to record the next time it is on.
Edited to add: the movie recorded so will watch it tomorrow I hope.
I am watching another older tv show with only 2 seasons. I am actually watching 3 different shows as I kind of get bored with one so switch to another one, back and forth, back and forth LOL
Just finished another episode of one of the shows so now time to get ready for bed and either read or watch something lighthearted. The rain continues with flooding, trees down, and some areas snow. I used to live by the creek that flooded on occasion but instead we had a fire, now I dont live by any water BUT fire can happen anywhere so I found out. Also live at the end of the runway of Roseburg Regional Airport, when I moved here I upped my insurance. My agent just laughed. So far so good.
Night all
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:31 am

The site seems to be working great tonight.... was even logged in as it should have been... no lagging or slowing down so whatever was the issue seems not to be tonight... :D
trying to think of what I did so guess not much fixed hamburgers for supper forgot to get the left over cole slaw out oh well
we might get snow tonight but have my doubts its cold they usually don't go hand in hand
I enjoyed the movie as well I hope that there will be more but for some reason they don't seem to come very quickly... a couple years ago there was one about a hairstylist who was a widow her husband was a cop and killed on the job she was still hoping to figure out what happened she seemed to be the one who solved the mystery of whatever was happening oh yes it was a murder... anyway there was a new detective that joined the force and she thought she recognized him but couldn't figure out why she decided that she was going to move on and sat at her husband's graveside and told him so the folder that she had information in fell so she picked it up and was putting stuff back in it when she saw a picture of the detective in it... the next one has yet to come.... one of my irritants with Hallmark movies and Mysteries but if you didn't get it recorded Karen that movie will be on Sunday night according to the ad just a bit a go...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee