Wi ter Storm Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wi ter Storm Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 am

Morning from the 45th. Cloudy and 24°.here this morning as we await the arrival of Gerri. I’m sure that most of you to the west of me know what this storm is capable of doing so I need that go into that. This is the latest forecast for us from the NWS here

We have a window of a few hours before it really starts for any last minute shopping etc. Schools are in session but wouldn’t surprise me if they close early. Schools to our south are closed due to the storm affecting them this morning. I also suspect that there will be businesses closing early to get their employees home before the blizzard hits, although we are actually on the western edge of the blizzard area. In terms of predicted snowfall, it really is not a tremendous amount, but that was high winds of 40 to 50 mile an hour gusts is going to cause a lot of drifting.cLake effect is supposed to kick n behind and that can pile up as it’s a drier snow. No matter the forecast, mother nature is in charge as we all know.

Forum seems to be coming around faster this morning. I think the weather is affecting a lot of the Internet services and stuff because I’ve had issues with other websites acting up a bit. Some of you have mentioned that too.

Judy, glad to hear your son’s surgery turned out better than expected. Carol, glad there is some improvement in Bill’s eyes. Sharon, hope Thry can get your furnace going. Living your Buddy tales. Y two aren’t going to like this incoming weather, but when hatter calls they won’t have any choice.

I might make a quick run to town. Discovered I don’t have a face mask here. Got rid of my old one last year, and forgot to get a new one. . I am heading down to neighbors house I watch and turn up heat ahead of Arctic cold coming. They don’t come up in winter and don’t drain their waterlines :roll: so beter get moving here. Have a nice day and stay safe in path of all these storms.

Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wi ter Storm Friday

Postby asirimarco » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:34 am

Good morning to all - I just checked the thermometer outside it is just after 7 o'clock here and it is 26 degrees!!! (At least it is a DRY! cold'" My furnace is working over time. Bill likes it warm so it is set at 79 - the highest it will go - and he has on sweat pants and sweat shirt. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. It has been cooler especially at night in Mazatlan the last few days too - I'm wondering if the hotel room has heat??? If not he will be freezing at night.
We leave here at 6:30 Monday morning. Trying to use up food so I don't have to throw it out. That is something different as we usually just move it to the motorhome. Will end up throwing some things out and luckily it is trash pick up day Monday. Hope to order an Uber to take us to airport. Don't have a plan B - I guess a taxi. Tomorrow and Sunday will be busy getting last minute things done.
I haven't walked the last few days so haven't picked up my "reward" yet. Hope to do it tomorrow morning as that is a regular walking day for us and my "to do list" for leaving is down to last minute things. I think tit is a water bottle carrier. Not sure.
Have a good day. Web site seems to be working fine today. Came right up.
asirimarco

Postby chalet05 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 pm

Website still slow here.

A couple inches of snow and 5 (five) degrees. -10 tonight.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:32 pm

It came right up this morning. I read Sue's post, but decided I needed to do a few things before posting and came back and was completely unable to get on. Decided to wait a bit, and now it's working well for me. Glad you were able to get on and post Carol. The hosting company didn't find a problem yesterday, but after they fooled around it was working again. Who knows. I know the platform is old and I don't have the ability to update it. I don't use a computer anymore and can't do it from my phone. So that might have something to do with it, but the host didn't think so. Fingers crossed.

Very windy and we're under a fire watch because of it. Walking wasn't fun in it. It must be a bit calmer right now because I'm not feeling any rocking of the RV.

I'll go over to the tt this afternoon sometime to see if the new mattress has expanded fully. I hope it ends up comfy. I might have to take a nap there one day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:54 pm

Good morning gals!

I too was having problems getting on here yesterday, but since you all have already mentioned it, now I don't have to! :lol:

Judy and Anita, great news about your son's/brother's surgeries! I am sure a great relief for all involved!

Getting a bit better each day but still coughing and congested. I went to WM yesterday and got a few things I was running out of, and picked up some cough drops and cough syrup. The cough syrup is nasty! :o But have been taking it anyways. Helps loosed the stuff in my chest

The last day I worked, I had planned to do a couple haircuts at home, so I put my clippers, trimmers, scissors and a couple other items in a small bag to bring home with me. I left them in the car for when I needed them. Of course, Covid hit and it has been in the car since then. Last night I went to check to make sure they were still charged up and discovered that everything was covered in melted chocolate! :shock: I must have left a piece of loose chocolate from sometime earlier and didn't know it was in there. What a mess! So last night I had to clean everything, including taking apart the clippers and trimmers to get the insides cleaned and hope they still worked. Also removed a crap load of hair from inside the clippers! :o This morning I put the pieces back together and the trimmers seem to be working. The clippers are making a lot of noise tho. :? They might just need some oil. I will have to try them on Dave later and see if they work. If not, I will have to order new ones. :roll:

Sheila, the deck and porch carpet removal plan is on hold. My paychecks will be quite a bit smaller for awhile. I am hoping to get paid for my sick days but just before I got sick, they cut me back to 2 days per week because we are at full staff now. Next week I am only scheduled for 8 hours total. That isn't gonna work for me long term. Anyways, for now, I think I will just get some throw rugs to lay on there. I still have to figure out how to get rid of the cat spray smell tho. :?

I really need to get to some stuff around here. Just do one thing at a time and take a break in between so I don't get worn out. I have been eating more but I did notice I lost almost 4 pounds from last week. Not a bad thing, but not the right way to lose it.

Sue, sounds like you might get hammered by this storm! It doesn't take much snow for that wind to cause major problems all over! Then you need to brace for the cold coming afterward. I know the week of my birthday was always the coldest and snowiest week of the winter every year. Guess that hasn't changed. Winter has finally arrived in the midwest!

It has been "chilly" here this week (by our standards). Low 60's. I almost needed a sweater yesterday! :lol:

Carol, I hope you and Bill have a safe, fun trip!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:43 pm

It's 66 and sunny here today. It was 69 earlier and suppose to start cooling off down to the 30's tonight. The noon weather said the wind was 40 mph. When I went out to feed the cats I decided to try to start the mower. Then I mowed everything that wasn't too wet. I don't know if the wind is 40 but it is very windy. My hair is full of grass and have dirt in my ears.

I was right, I had to go to Lafayette yesterday to find pipe insulation. Thank goodness the Lowe's in Lafayette had plenty so I didn't have to hunt all over. Luna found an old Nerf ball that has seen better days so I stopped at a couple of pet stores to see if they had one. I don't think they make that one anymore.

I heard the trash truck and looked out to see my trash bin had blown over. They won't pick up the trash unless the can is standing up. I hurried up and picked it up and put it across the road so he could pick it up on his way back. I was going to be mad if he didn't stop but he did.

Sheila, I use a lot of Lazy Susans in my cabinets. I have a two level one in a small cabinet that has a lot of spices on it. I even have two of them in my refrigerator. It makes it easier to find small jars of things.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:47 pm

Good evening. Well the site loads quickly but takes forever to go anywhere. So I bit the bullet and waited and waited and waited and finally got here. Something is definitely wrong. Oh well.
It is rainy day with temps going lower but the good news is we have lots of snow building up...hope that continues. Not much else going on here. Went and picked up a grocery order and have another one in the morning. I pretty much just buy the sales but I need to stop that and start eating out of my freezer and pantry LOL If Armageddon comes I am covered. Wont starve that is for sure.
I have a couple of errands to run in the morning before I pick up my groceries. Then will spend the rest of the day as a sloth I think. Am watching a couple of things on tv and so far they are holding my interest........nothing heavy duty tho. Hope everyone is staying warm and dont get hit too hard by these storms.
Anita great news on your brother. Judy you also have some great news on your son. Sharon and Sue looking to get hit with lots of snow...............pictures ha ha
OK well time to get some comfy clothes on and just relax.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:29 pm

Just now came on the site, 6:28 p.m.

The site loaded instantly, was able to go to the various threads pretty much instantly too.

Thanks Beth (or whoever it was) for working your magic.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:03 pm

Let's hope it stays quick, but it was last night and early this morning for me then dropped to nothing lol

Yesterday my new bed was delivered. It's an 8 inch memory foam. I had trouble because reading reviews had them all bouncing everywhere. But the worst on this one were some reviews claiming they never inflated to full size. Yesterday one of my neighbors helped me get it in the tt and opened and unfold on the bed. I decided to wait 24 hours. So went in this afternoon and it measures 9 inches. I just hope I like it when I sleep on it.

Gotta run. Watching a new Hallmark mystery and it's caught my interest.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:05 pm

Sorry to hear about all the storms coming. It has been rainy here, but fairly warm with very high humidity. Biggest problem is getting bath towel and wash cloth to dry! I had to replace a smelly one day before yesterday, and then got out new one. Process for now is that when I am done with washcloth (alternating two right now), I wring it out very tightly and then hang it on some folding hangers I have. The hangers have little clips for shorts and pants, so the washcloth has got both surfaces open. Then I put it in whatever sun there is or in front of my electric heater until it is dry. Ditto for dish cloth and dish towel. Otherwise, they get really smelly in this damp weather, and I would have to get a clean one every day, and i just don't have that many.

Son is doing better, but he still has a nasal tube, and a strange one on his neck, plus two IVs--one in each hand. No food or water or even ice for now. Hopefully, nasal stomach tube will come out tomorrow and at least then he will be able to have ice and a little water. (Any of you nurses know what the tube might be in the side of his neck???)

Went out again today to the boardwalk at the nearby Kirby Storter rest area. I was there on Tuesday on my way in here, and was happy both times to follow a person who was taking photos of birds. Most people just walk past them, but you have to stop and really look, so it helps to have another person looking with you. Just baked some cookies, so got some snacking to do!!!

Oh, and Sheila, I would be willing to bet that most of your mother's spices are decades old and need to be tossed! How about using a low plastic box if you don't have a lazy susan around? I just tossed out a box of black pepper that was ancient!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:03 am

I had to laugh Judy yes I'm sure that her's is ancient but someone had weeded out a lot before I came so I've added a LOT to the mix and some came with me ... I'm eyeing one of the cupboards on the right of the stove might be able to work that into the spice shelve... I've hesitated to do much changing as it's not my house but I am the one that uses the spices... need to be where I can find them a lot easier... and get rid of the ancients and put duplicates somewhere who needs two bottles of sage???
ok as to the site when I came on at shortly after 10 it took awhile to even get on then had to login then on to where ever all took there on sweet time...
I was looking at a pod caste as part of my scripture study and scrolled down and found this really cool tutorial on this crochet stitch looked easy but looked also very elegant not sure that is the right word I wish I know how to find those again I'd actually like to figure out how to make it then saw another one same thing it looked really pretty... wish it was as simple as finding the pod caste then scrolling down again but they don't tend to stay in the same spot... and I didn't think about book marking them I've used that occasionally but forget about it even to go and see what I've marked...
made the catfish tonight one didn't get done so finished it after supper... will make a fish sandwich out of it later... but it tasted good called sister in law for a 'fresher' course was thinking correctly it's like I told her rarely fried catfish we usually would go to mom's for fish she agreed then said mom actually didn't like fish but would fry it and eat a bit of it sorta like me and salmon patties hate making them but would do so cause the fam likes it
Beth was that movie the one with the group trying to prove that the brother of one of them was innocent. If so saw it it was good... there is a new one coming in Feb... something about gilded age
we will be going into butt cold weather suppose to get down to -15 sometime during the night
would rather have the snow
you all have a good night
Carol have a safe trip
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:04 am

Sheila, yes, that was the movie. I enjoyed it. Now, I need to try to get some sleep. I stayed up until after 3 am last night and got up at 8. Well, awake at 8. I need to get more sleep than that tonight. Sweet dreams all.
Beth
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee