Snowy Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Snowy Thursday

Postby asirimarco » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:47 am

Good morning to All - I am also having problems with the fourm being very slow to load up. My computer is telling me it is "Not Secure" KInd of a pain in the drain but glad it isn't just me. It is cold here in Vegas. Snow on all the mountains surrounding us. Some in the higher parts of the valley, but it will melt quick. Wind is blowing like crazy and cold.
Bill's eye doctor appt was yesterday. His eye has improved some with the new shot according to doctor. At least not getting worse. Bill feels he can see somewhat better. Hope that continues. Next shot isn't until 7 weeks. The week after we get home. Our whole community has been without water all day yesterday, they warned us so everyone had buckets of water. It came back on about six last night, but low pressure. Well sometime during the night the Vegas water district came by and shut it off again as the work the plumbers had done was pouring out water on the street. So got up this morning to no water...Plumbers are here and office has water bottles if we need it. Some really mad people who got up to get ready for work this morning... They don't mind sharing their anger on the community Facebook page. Wow! Some time today I'm going to walk or drive over to the Wetlands to get my reward for walking over 100 miles out there. In that between time before a trip. Got all that can be done done, and to soon for the final, final preparations. Sure hope I can get an Uber at 4:30 in the morning.
Glad everyone's surgeries and health is improving.
asirimarco

Re: Snowy Thursday

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 pm

The forum loaded ok for me this morning. Sometimes everything is very slow. I have satellite internet and sometimes it's the weather. Other times I think there are too many people on. I just hate to get into it with the satellite company but it's coming to that.

I need to go to town but keep putting it off. I'm afraid I will have to go to Lafayette to find what I want.

Carol, it's a pain to not have water. The water connection coming into my house got uncovered this summer. I need to get it insulated really well if it's going to freeze.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:47 pm

The entire forum is slow really slow for me today. Even once I do get on, it is hard to go to the room. I dont have the patience for this ha ha so will just go about my business until it either gets fixed or fixes itself LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:29 pm

Slow for me, also, but I am barely getting any cell service anyway, so almost no internet through phone. Rained quite a bit last night, and cool and drizzly today. I don't mind, but it has been cloudy and relatively cool here in the far south of Florida for several days, so I feel sorry for the people who have come here for a week's vacation. I'm here for next four months, so it will eventually get sunny and warmer! The rain has filled up the ponds and swampy areas in the Everglades, so lots of birds around. (I am in Big Cyrpress National Preserve, which technically is in the western part of the Everglades, though not the national park area.

DIL says son got up and took a few steps but is still in some pain and cranky. Guess I'd expect cranky, especially since he has never had big surgery before--just a couple of moles removed. Will get a longer update later.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:35 pm

It's better for me than it was this morning but still slower. You'll probably always get the not secure because I didn't pay extra for the security that isn't needed for say a place taking credit card info, etc
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:31 pm

Hi ladies!

Judy & Anita, I am so happy for both of you that things have worked out medically for you son & brother. I pray miracles continue! Beth, I can only imagine the work you are doing in your tt and hope your friend enjoys helping you with some of the chores.

I had trouble getting here earlier but things are much better now. Today we traveled 1-1/2 hours south to visit dear friends that we've known for many years, originally from MD. They wanted to go to one of their favorite restaurants to celebrate their anniversary and asked us to join them. They also came to our 50th anniversary last February. The meal was delicious and all of us went home with leftovers.

It's still chilly here and the long range forecast doesn't look like normal FL weather. I'll be wearing layers for a long time.
Irmi

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:38 am

we are suppose to get snow overnight into tomorrow it will be interesting to see if it happens
did go to the store spent way more than normal not sure what the big item was or a bunch of items.... found catfish fillets so got a couple will have them tomorrow night ... bought two should be more than enough not hopefully I can remember what to do it's been ages since I've cooked catfish. hopefully mom will like it I did finally get a protein drink think what I will do is swap out half of her choc milk for some of the protein drink it's choc and perhaps just do it once a day ... we will see..
one of my bigger items was a summo orange one of those wrinkly ones they are expensive but once in awhile I will splurge by once in awhile I mean like every three or four years :lol:
when do you go to MX Carol? bet you are getting excited... what did you get for your walks??
some times one has to laugh at the commercials... one for a pill for hot flashes and of course it goes over the list of might cause several being listed including hot flashes... what you are taking it for... doesn't overly make sense
I sure wish I could figure out a way of conquering the spices she has one of those dreaded corner cupboards just hate trying to organize anything in it so it can be found... and way too many glasses that are never used... might need to do something thinking
it was just a normal day doing the normal stuff
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:53 pm

Sheila, Lazy Susans work well for those corner cupboards. You can just turn it to get to the stuff on the back side.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:31 am

Barbie, I don't like lazy suzan's either... things fall off in the back corner stuff gets under there is even a lazy suzan on the next shelf... I'm crazy right?? I do like pull downs and pull outs though
sheila
snowball

Postby Pooker » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:06 am

I, too, have had all sorts of problems with this site. Yesterday it indicated I wasn't a member and I needed to join all over again! Couldn't get anything, but I had to go to an app't so didn't fuss with it. Today I'm back, but now all the little red indicators that tell me which posts I've read have disappeared. Have had other weird things that are now different, but hope all will get settled eventually.

All of you in storm paths stay warm and safe. And those like Bill and Carol, etc. who need to be on the move take care.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Return to Morning Coffee