Tues. Morning Jan. 9

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tues. Morning Jan. 9

Postby Irmi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:41 am

Good morning ladies!

There is a line of storms that have already gone through Louisiana and this morning a tornado touched down in Panama City in the FL panhandle and traveled up to I-10 and continued on to Marianna. We have stayed in a campground there and are familiar with the area. Another line of storms will hit here sometime between 2 - 6:00 today. I'm hoping Martha is okay. Hopefully we'll be able to ride out this storm without any problems. The biggest threat for us right now are high winds.

Since it's not a good day to cook out, I'll cook a rack of baby back ribs for dinner.

Wherever you are, stay safe and warm.
Irmi

Re: Tues. Morning Jan. 9

Postby Colliemom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:46 am

Good Mornig Irmi and all. Cloudy here at the moment, but Wiinter Storm Finn is heading in. Supposed to start snowing any tine now. And get very windy as well. Temps will be in low 30’s, so snow will be wet and heavy. We could see a foot by time it stops tomorrow. I’m sure the businesses and snow folks are estatic. The phones will be ringing off the hook at the hotels from snowmobilers wanting to hit the trails this weekend. Might have another storm on Friday as well. I’ve been watching the weather and have seen the lines and storms in the south and tornado warnings in FL. Saw the video of the one that hit Ft. Lauderdale and looked like the 4th of July fireworks with the power lines being hit. Neighbor snowbirds in south FL said it’s been a cool, windy season down there too and were awaiting the storms as well.

Martha, hope you faired okay last night. Oh, I don’t blame your neighbors mule for being upset, because animals can’t pick up on those storms. Barbie, glad you are feeling better. Beth, sounds like you have all the financial stuff for the TT taken care of now. You seem to really be enjoying that park you are at. Might be time to sell AZ and make the current place your permanent one.

Not going anywhere today. Ran all my errands and did grocery shopping yesterday, so stocked up again. Going to do a couple house chores and continue working on my latest Diamond Art. I ordered a smaller size light box and it arrived yesterday. Is a game changer with this particular canvas. Making it much easier to see the letters and symbols. Love that it can be adjusted from 30% up to 100%, depending in how much light I want.

So, off to get busy here. Have a nice day and stay safe those in paths of storms.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Othersharon » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:00 am

Good morning from wintery PA. Got up this morning with more snow coming down with strong wind. Forecast is for it to change to rain this afternoon. Suffice to say it’s a mess and will get worst before this front moves on. And like Sue said, it’s a wet heavy snow. Interesting that the plows have been by a couple of times already. My guess is that they are anticipating the rain later and trying to allow as much as possible to run off into the storm drains. I think I’ll go out pretty soon and try to shovel out the gate so I can either get the snowblower out to have a clear shot of getting to the front driveway plus allow the water to run out when it rains. Not having fun with this mess and they are predicting another round of snow this weekend! I sure don’t think we need winter all in a week’s time! Be nice if it would spread out a bit more!! Yesterday afternoon I ended up in a huge clean out of a cupboard and of course that ended up rearranging a couple other cupboards! I don’t remember what I was looking for in the first place!! Buddy wants to go outside again! He loves this weather! I need to grab something out for dinner tonight. I have a package of burger thawed so need to decide what I want to make with it. Judy, glad the scratches aren’t giving you a problem and Barbie, glad you are feeling better. So not much else happening in my life right now. Which is okay too! The pup is still telling me he wants outside so I need to bundle up and go out and watch him. He seems to like to have an audience! And of course I oblige him! Have a good day and stay safe if you are in the path of the storm.
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:44 pm

Good wet, rainy morning. Supposed to continue for the rest of the week. Cold front moving in here also. Snow in the hills which is good for the ski resorts, bad for the travelers. I will just be staying home as usual. I got a little ambitious yesterday but today not so much. Just finished some breakfast and now time to get a shower and get dressed. Henry will do his vacuuming in my bedroom and bathroom pretty soon. Then I will dust in there. I really like the bedside table I put together, even if it did take me forever ha ha It is working out well.
Having chicken, stuffing, leftover roasted potatoes and make a bit of gravy and will call that dinner. The dog is snuggled next to me right now because I have my heated throw on, she likes that. She will be disappointed soon tho as I will be getting up and getting busy. Keeping an eye on the weather all over the US. I have to admit I like living here where I dont have to worry about any hurricanes, tornados etc. When I worked in North Carolina they had a tornado that the alert said to get into a bathtub and pull your mattress over you............well I took one look at that King Size mattress and gave that idea up. It did touch down about 7 miles from my apartment. SCARY I really liked North Carolina until I found out they had tornados frequently. I did my 3 month contract and was outta there. LOL
OK off to spiff the kitchen and get decent.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby RitaMc » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:25 pm

Christmas decorations taken down and stored away. Always have mixed feelings when I do this. Love the lights and glitter but the house always looks so neat and tidy when everything is back in order. I'm not sure when the outdoor lights will be taken down and stored for another year? Maybe April?
We had about 2 inches of snow yesterday.so the lights reflecting off the snow is pretty so I may enjoy those awhile longer. Getting over a terrible winter virus.
Had it right after Thanksgiving and then again at New Years. Time now to spend sorting and organizing for taxes. We have a small business, so I have to get those done first. Not much else going on. After volunteering as a Master Gardener with the University for 25 years I have become emeritus, and I am downsizing my library (stash?) of gardening books and am looking for someplace to donate them to. Maybe the local library will be having a book sale.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:29 pm

I got confused yesterday and posted my post in Sunday, instead of yesterday, so am going to work on paying more attention to what I am doing. :)

Only had to drive 100 miles today, but it was a very rough drive because of strong winds. At least they were hitting me from the front, and I was on mostly divided or two-lane roads, not the freeway. It was a slow drive, but I stopped on the way at the Big Cypress Visitor Center near Naples, and then again at the Kirby Storter Roadside Park. This latter park looks just like a typical rest area, but it has a terrific fairly long boardwalk into the cypress trees. There was a lot of water from the rains a couple of days ago, so lots of wading birds. Had a very nice walk, and enjoyed seeing so many birds hanging out.

Got to remember to get my old Christmas decorations out and toss them. Have not used them in two years, so out they go.

I'm going to be very nervous tomorrow as it is my California son's big Whipple surgery on his pancreas to remove a non-cancerous cyst. Six hours and then two weeks in hospital.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:25 pm

Judy, I'll be hoping for the best outcome for your son.

Just more wind here today. It'll be mildly windy the next two days then they're predicting high winds again for Friday. I'll take it over the tornado in northern Florida and the 10-12 inches of snow that hit friends and family in Iowa and Wisconsin today. Thing is, I always loved the first big snows. So pretty. And at least my bff in Iowa is in an apt, but my sister's pictures included my bil outside sweeping and shoveling. I'm just glad I'm not needing to do that anymore. But, I agree with you, Sharon, is prefer it to ice. My sister did comment to me that they are staying up with the snow because of the colder temps expecting to follow.

I think I'm ordering from Amazon once or more almost everyday. I love free shipping lol. And that it sometimes takes me awhile but finding some of the parts I've needed I finally use the right words and there it is. That happened with a part of the inside cover to the tt AC. For the past week, I've looked and everything kept showing me way more than I needed, at a high price. Today, I used white duct tape after putting the old cracked cover back on. Then sat back down and finally used a word on Google that took me to what I needed. And best price on Amazon, yay. It could have been here Thursday, but I agreed to Monday, my prime day, and I'll get an extra percentage point back on my credit card.

For those asking about the floor, I'm still leaning towards the carpet squares. My friend who will be visiting the last week of this month doesn't know it, but I'm planning that he'll help me one day, or part of one day in the tt. I've already made a list of places to take him. So I'll fill his time and exhaust us lol then put him to work for a few hours. While I can do the floor myself, I'll need help working around/under the couch, and a few other things where another couple hands could help, so I'm awfully glad he'll be here. Poor guy.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:05 am

It sounds like everyone is having problems with the wind. I didn't have any damage that I have found and only got 1/2 inch of rain. There are places around me that had flooding. The news showed a mobile home that was blown into a firehouse about 40 miles to the East of me. When I went out to take my motorhome to the shop this morning the wind sounded like it was trying to take the metal off the carport. I don't like to drive the motorhome when it's that windy so went to town at 45 mph. It wasn't as bad when I got to town and then I had a tail wind. Now they are saying we might have a low of 25 degrees next Monday night. I will be lucky to get thru that without a broken pipe. I need to see if I have any RV antifreeze.

Judy, hope everything goes well for your son. I know you will be worried not being there.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:01 am

Judy hoping all goes well with your son... it's got to be a worry when you are so far away almost worth the plane trip just to ease the worry..
I looked at some pictures of the damage done in Panama City just horrible a building was tilting into another and the roof off the building on the opposite side... a rv park had so much damage when in the 5th wheel I hate the wind the most... it was windy here today enough that I heard my chimes a lot... I probably need to collect them (it's a long one) and hang it up in the garage so it's weight doesn't get damage in case we actually get measurable snow ... we did get some today but not what it appeared we were suppose to get...
I didn't know when the pharmacist was going to come today so didn't go to the store he didn't make it ... if I'm remembering correctly he lives up North they may have gotten snow and he not even made it to work ... I told him that mom wouldn't hear the phone so I'm sure he decided not to call and forgot to give him mine... and it's also possible that he forgot I am sure that it will happen sooner or later
I have a heated throw sometimes it heats and sometimes it doesn't frustrates me ... I gave mom one my first Christmas here it's never been out of the box I'm am so tempted to take it back maybe it would stay heated all the time
I did finish the fingerless gloves finally although I did tell niece I would make her a pair I hope that there is enough of the gray... if not it might have a few rows of pink in it lol
I'm sure your friend will be more than willing to help you Beth ...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee