Monday Afternoon

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday Afternoon

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:16 pm

Ok, I'll start the new day. Nothing exciting here. Amazon has brought me two deliveries today and will possibly deliver one more. I'm so spoiled by not having to go out for so many things.

Lyn, I've been known to get a little mean when strangers start to come up to Ty. I say no rather firmly. When they ask from a distance I might or might not allow it. Here in the park, Ty is friends with most everyone, human and dog. Unfortunately the outside cats won't be friends with him or he'd been friends with them. There are a couple non-Ty people and he knows who they are and respects their wishes. Unfortunately there are to many who allow him to jump on them, but he's learning that doesn't mean he can with others. Several have years for him. I've if my neighbors baked fresh treats for him. He's a vet spoiled boy.

I promised myself time working in the tt today, but rarely talk on the phone (by choice) and had to spend an hour with the Pennington County tax office finalizing everything on the tt. The hold time took most of that time. But it's now done. And during it, somehow I got it made a call to my sister lol. Long story but we think she hit a wrong button while texting me something. Anyway, I couldn't talk and endanger losing my place in line so called her back and we spent another hour chatting. Funny how we can spend so much time saying next to nothing. But it was a good talk. And we only do it once or twice a year.

After pants and long sleeves yesterday I'm in a sundress today, sunny and low to mid 80's. It'll be temps in between tomorrow. But today is extremely windy. Now I think I'll become a couch potato and watch some TV after finding something to eat. I have 1/2 of one of the breakfast tacos left in my fridge, and I believe it'll hit the spot.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Monday Afternoon

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:10 pm

Afternoon Beth. WOW sure is quiet in here this morning. Our weather is same old stuff. Accomplished a few housekeeping tasks this morning. Fixed some lunch and now I am joining you on the relaxing and watching some tv. I have leftovers for dinner so that will be quick and easy. I have nothing on my calendar for this week but next week will be kind of busy.
Brought my gallon of primer in from the shed to warm up. Going to start on my bathroom later this week. Still need to round up my tub of paint supplies that are in the shed somewhere. Since I only have a few tubs shouldnt take too much time to find ha ha Was happy to see that gas decreased again this week down to $3.17 here. Crazy that it was $5.25 at one time here. Goes up faster than it ever comes down. But will take every penny it comes down.
Going to fix a caramel mocha and plant myself in front of the tube.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:27 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Slept 12 hours last night! Just woke up at noon! Needed to take my dose of meds but have to eat first so I just had some soup. Letting that settle before I take the meds.

Still normal temps which makes me feel so much better, but still have a lot of ringing in my ears, some coughing, and a little dizziness. So nothing much planned for today. Just the usual reading, napping, etc. I doubt I will need much napping tho after all the sleep I got last night. Nothing to watch on TV on Mondays. So a lot of reading to do. Have finished one of my new books and working on the other 2, plus have a few older ones I need to get back to.

I sent back that purse I ordered last month because it was too big. I just ordered a smaller one last week that I thought would be the perfect size and had lots of zipper pockets. I got it delivered this morning and it is the size of a fanny pack! :shock: That won't work. My phone doesn't even fit in it. So back that goes. Just like clothes and shoes, purses are a crap shoot for buying on-line. :roll: The measurements on line said 9" wide but it isn't even 6" wide! And for $40, it needs to be perfect!

OK, time for the yucky meds! :(

Lynn, can you put a sign on your scooter that says "please don't pet my dog"?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:54 pm

I decided to go to town this morning before the bad weather got here. I went to the Post Office, Bank, picked up 2 bags of cat food at the feed store for the outside cats, picked up some groceries and a lunch at the deli. I got home before the rain but the wind hit about when I got home. So far it hasn't rained very much here yet but the wind is still very strong. We have been under a tornado watch all day. There is still a line of storms that is suppose to come thru about 10:00. It has been 68 or 67 all day but is suppose to be in the low 40's after the rain passes.

My neighbor puts his mule in a lot here during the day because he doesn't have much pasture. His mule was going crazy because of the weather and wanted to go home. I was glad when he came and got her before she ran thought a fence.

I watched Murder She Wrote when it was on TV but I don't remember seeing it on Direct. When I was in the 6th grade we moved a few blocks from a library that I could walk to. I read all the horse books, all the science fiction books and started on the mysteries before we moved again. When I was grown I still read mystery books. At one time I had a subscription to the Ellery Queen magazine. My son called it Elderly Queen. lol Now most of the reading I do is on the computer.

I was digging in the pantry and found a mix to make Chicken and Dumplings. I got some chicken and canned biscuits and made it tonight. I think this was only the second time I have ever made it. The first time it was a big gooey mess so I never tried again. The mix was just a bag with seasoning. It's not too bad but would probably have been better with home made dumplings. If I knew how to make dumplings that were good.

I will have to set my alarm so I can bring the motorhome to the shop in the morning.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:11 am

I remember my mom making really light and fluffy dumplings sometimes in tomato soup... was really good it seems like some use tortilla's are cut into strips and used as dumplings that seems really weird to me but then you read about how you can use milk plus vinegar to make buttermilk... I was always taught that was sour milk to me two different things although in a pinch sour milk can be used in place of buttermilk... but just my personal thoughts
decided to make a butternut squash soup tonight ... mom didn't even pretend to like it she did eat maybe 3 spoonful's and I think I nagged her about at least two of them... so text niece asked her to stop by and get it I would have saved some for left overs but it wasn't worth it... I liked it not sure if it was too thick or not haven't had it very often so not sure of how thick it should be...
we have a winter advisory out right now will see if it's true probably should have gone to the grocery store today but didn't want to will brave the weather if I need to might still be able to wait until Weds still have milk but no potatoes I think tomorrow will be pancakes see if she will eat those... might even look up my home made pancake recipes meaning not using a mix... have ham and bacon and eggs even blueberry's I might put some in one or two pancakes she isn't into blueberry's much at all
had two things I needed to do today so totally forgot to do them will need to tomorrow
so guess it was a wasted day put most of the clothes away well at least mom's :roll: just remembered what's still on the bed the squash was ready for me to make the soup with so had to stop and work on it what a mess as it was heating reminded me of the mud pots in Yellowstone had it everywhere... :?
glad you are feeling better Barbie
and that you didn't have ill effects from the dog Judy
it is just amazing what people seem to take the liberties of doing I would ask before petting a dog seems like a lot of people don't value the "personal space" that should be there
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee