Saturday the 6th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday the 6th

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:09 am

Good Morning. Dark outside and 26°. Supposed to have some light snow into tomorrow. About an inch. . All eyes are on the storm to our southwest. Track will depend on whether we get heavy snow or not much of anything. I don’t care as I don’t have to be anywhere other than my Chiro appointment on Wednesday, but that can easily be moved. I am actually looking forward to a good old-fashioned snow storm.

Neighbor and I had a nice trip to Houghton Lake yesterday. We both found frames for our Diamond Paintings and she also paid for my lunch. We got them famed and hung up after we got home. I posted a picture of my finished one in The Art of Diamond Painting in General Talk if you are Interested. I am I am now working on a second one.

Barbie, sorry to hear you got Covid. Hope it passes quickly. When you start feeling better, get busy on your Diamond Painting as it will help with your depression. Irmi, they said FL was gong to be in for a colder than normal winter and looks like that’s what’s happening. Like O’Sharon said, it would feel like a spring day to us northerners. Sharon, I’ll bet Buddy will enjoy deeper snow. Molly did when she was younger and even today she loves to lay out on the deck when it’s snowing. Judy, sorry to hear about more repairs, but at least it’s repairable.

Not much happening here today. Just going to vacum and dust, then work on the Diamond Painting or DP as they call them. May e there might be a dog walk later today, we shall see.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday the 6th

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:51 am

Sue love your painting. Will sure go well with your setting you live in. So glad you found a frame you liked. Beth I dont know about everyone else but I love reading about your trials, tribulations, and progress LOL In fact I love reading anything anyone posts LOL Remember I have no life.
Barbie the good news is for most people the symptoms with this variant are mainly just cold like. Should recover quickly over about the same time as a regular cold. The home tests usually error on the side of a false negative.....the positive side is more accurate. I had a cold a few weeks ago, tested a couple of times and was negative. Quit testing until I started to feel better....still was negative.
Sheila I bought a pot roast yesterday as it was on sale, almost 4lbs, $21.00 I cut it in 3 sections and will freeze 2 of them today. So $7.00 a meal, and I usually get
2+ servings out of one crockpot meal. Not too bad. I eat more pasta, chicken, fish, occasional pork, and casseroles than I do actual meat meals.
Pouring rain right now, next weekend chance of snow HERE on the valley floor, now that is just wrong!!!!
I tried to do a couple of projects yesterday and I should have just stayed in bed. You ever have one of those days.? So today will finish one of the projects, hopefully without issues and anymore trips to Home Depot. We shall see.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:27 am

Good morning gals.

I slept good last night but woke up with a 101* fever and a headache this morning. I keep feeling hot, then chilled, then hot, then chilled. My body can't make up it's mind! :roll:

Last night I ordered a few things from Walmart online which will be delivered later this morning. I ran out of Ibuprofin and I really need that to keep my temp in check. Got some more soup and easy things to eat. So I should be good to go for that stuff for the week.

They say to quarantine for 5 days from onset of symptoms, and then be free of a fever for 24 hours before going back out in the world. :D And yes, false negatives are more common than false positives with the test. I may test again tonight just to be sure tho.

Sue, I hope you get your snow. I will go check out your DP photo....
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm

Got new radiator and three new spark plugs and coils, plus an oil change. Cost was more than I expected, but being able to stay in RV while it was being fixed is worth something. I asked broker to sell a few more $$s worth of stocks and bonds than required for my minimum distribution from my 401K for 2024, so it will help me mostly catch up on my credit card debt. Glad at least that I am staying at a cheap COE campground for a while. Money issues are such a stressor for me, but at least I have made it to 80 without spending too much from my savings other than minimum required distributions. My biggest worry is ending up with dementia or other something that would keep me in assisted living for longer than I can pay for it. Hoping this is the last big RV expense for a while--fingers crossed.

It is chilly here and raining like crazy. I spent a lot of time outdoors this morning in the drizzle while they were working, and my driver's door was open for over two hours, so it is also very humid inside. Got little heater running to try to reduce humidity and make it feel dryer in here.

Sorry to hear about the COVID, Barbie. Just curious, did you get the last booster? If so, when? It would be a concern if you got sick even with that. My son got his booster in October, but he now has a cold, 5 days before his big surgery. He has not tested himself, but I sure hope it isn't COVID. More fingers crossed.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:15 pm

Judy people get sick even with the vaccine and boosters. The idea is that you dont get overwhelmingly sick. It never claimed to prevent Covid. You can be a carrier at any time sick or not if exposed. Same with the Flu and RSV vaccines. Best thing is just to rest, fluids, Ibuprofen or Tylenol. Same treatment for all of the above.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:41 pm

What Karen just said. I just was reading how hospitals are getting overwhelmed by the combination of cases Covid, flu, pneumonia, etc. But most of the current Covid aren't needing hospitalization.

I picked up the new bill of sale from the sellers on the tt this morning and emailed it to the person at the county office in South Dakota handling my title, etc. Hopefully this will be the last they need other than my money. I know there will be money involved.

I stopped at a Laredo Taco Co for a couple breakfast tacos (2 for $3) on my way home. I consider their tacos more like burritos, but good either way. Ate one and saved another for tomorrow. Great food at great prices but people unaware think otherwise because they are mainly in gas stations. They take up lots of the retail space and have lines early in the morning and at lunchtime. Of course I went between times. First time for the breakfast items. I'll do them again.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:34 pm

Barbie, sorry you caught Covid. Isn't there something they give you when you first come down with Covid?

Sheila, it is nice that a pharmacist will go to your house to give you mother her shots. The RSV shot didn't cost me anything. I was digging around and found the paper work for when I got my Shingles shot. It was in 2013. I had ask the doctor if I should take the new shots since it has been so long since my first shot. He said it was up to me if I wanted to take the new shots. A lot of good he was.

Yesterday it rained almost all day and I got an inch of rain. Another big rain and my ponds will be full. The fish are probably glad to have fresh water. It has been gray and damp all day. I can't get the radar on the weather channel to work but I don't think we are suppose to get more rain until Monday. Beth, I would like to have your forecast. It's only 50 here.

Judy, glad you got your repairs done. I have an appointment to bring my motorhome in on Tuesday. I need to unload some stuff. There are Christmas decorations in there that I had taken to a campout. Never did put anything out because it was raining.

Luna, is a digger. Not outside but in all my junk. My pincushion had been missing for a while. I looked at her last night and she had the pincushion in her mouth. :shock: Then I had to take a cat toy away from her because it was small enough for her to accidentally swallow it. CC likes to mess with her when she is in the back yard. There is a ledge along the brick work that the cats use to go all the way around the house. CC can run along the bricks and she can't reach him. I tried to order some dog toys from Chewy but I couldn't get their site to work. I don't know if it was them or because my internet is so slow.

I got my tax files moved and new file folders made. Now I can start dreading having to do my taxes.

Beth, I think it's a Laredo Taco Co in one of the gas stations in Lafayette. I got something from there one time that was good. Sometimes if I'm in town early I will get a breakfast burrito from Sonic. They are kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it is better than other times. I finally finished off most of the New Year's leftovers so will have to find something to cook tomorrow.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Othersharon » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:37 pm

Good snowy afternoon! The storm hit right at 12:16! I only know because I happened to be looking out the window, one moment nothing and then boom it started! And I actually glanced at my phone and saw the time! Se, Buddy is definitely enjoying it. We were just out and I’d say about 3” plus maybe. They’ve said an inch an hour. Oh, it’s only 28 but no wind. I shoveled in front of my gate so I have a head start on being able to get the gate open so I can run the snowblower in the front driveway. I always have to shovel that since I can’t get close enough with the blower. Buddy was having a ball running circles and rooting through all of it. Definitely not a pristine covering! He really churned it up! I just stood in one spot and watched him! And laughed at him! This is truly the first time he’s been out in deeper snow. Since he was so young last winter and we didn’t have much in the way of snowstorms he really wasn’t out in any much. Plus he’s older and bigger now and doesn’t get lost in it! So it’s been pretty much a do not much day! Barbie, hope you start feeling better soon. Judy, glad you were able to get your rv repaired even if it took a chunk out of your checkbook. It seems it’s always something when you don’t expect it or need it to happen! But at least you were able to stay in it and not have to worry about a motel and possibly a car rental. Sue, how old are your dogs now? Buddy’s doing something new. Every so often he sticks his head under the curtain and looks out at the snow coming down! He’s never really had any real interest in looking outside like that! I’m in the group of not having the patience for the artwork that some of you are doing! Like Karen said I’m more of an instant gratification type! So now I need to figure something out for dinner. I didn’t get anything out of the freezer to fix. Maybe I’ll do breakfast this evening! Have a good rest of your day.
Othersharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 pm

Well, my manager said I need to provide proof of my Covid test but they won't accept home test results. I need to get a "real" test done with written letter of results and where I got tested. Well, I checked around to some local Urgent Cares and they don't accept insurance for their rapid tests and wanted $150 for the test! :o Nope! I then called my health insurance company and they found a couple places out here that take my insurance for the tests. One wasn't open on weekends, but the other one was open until 3pm today. I went out there and got tested. Still positive. So now I have official proof! :roll: I also got Paxlovid to take for the next 5 days.

I am worn out now so I think I will take a nap for awhile. I got my WM delivery this morning so that is good.

And, no, I didn't get the last vaccination for Covid. I meant to but just didn't get around to it and time just flew by this past fall and winter. My bad. At least so far, my symptoms aren't too bad. My temp is down just below 100* now. I don't have any issues with taste or smell at all. Just typical cold/flu symptoms. Am feeling chilled now so just turned the heat back on and will curl up with my fuzzy blanket.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:19 pm

Well the snow and rain wrecked havoc with the roads today. I had my scanner on and there are so many accidents on the Interstate related to the rain I assume in my area. Snow further up the other highways. This is one of the busiest days I have had on my scanner. Dead body in the creek, OD's, Domestic violence, and of course all the OSP tickets on the interstate. I am glad I was not going anywhere today.

Sharon, breakfast always works for me day or night. Sounds like Buddy had a grand ole time. That ought to burn some of that excess energy from him. Hope you feel better soon Barbie. I am going back to my recliner and heated throw. I am smelling good things from my kitchen. Pot roast in the big crockpot. Chicken in the small crockpot. I am having the pot roast tonight. Got potatoes, carrots, parsnips, to add to it. Tomorrow will have the chicken with potatoes, mashed carrots and turnip, so good. i think I am getting hungry but too early to eat yet. If I eat too early it makes for a very long evening and I start poking around for snacks. That is now a no-no. Back to intermittent fasting, nothing to eat after 5pm
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:13 am

Martha the pharmacist told me that I get the shingles shot then 2 months to 6 months later I get the 2nd shot... I was surprised that it was up to that long after the first one of the reasons I'd not gotten it that and it's not been that long that since I signed up for the drug part of insurance I've been grumbling about it but if it gets that shot free well then it may be a good idea.. because it sounded really expensive
so Barbie do you need to go in with your positive test results? or will they now accept it?
hoping you feel better soon
did make the chicken cobbler today it turned out really good bought mushrooms to put in it but forgot if I remember to use the bones and make soup later I'll use them then other than no chicken left over but I might be able to find some in the freezer nephew had some moles removed yesterday and had a fever today so he didn't come over I guess where he works at they have had several down with colds told my niece that he ought to test for COVID just for peace of mind... so sent some food home for him and niece took so for lunch leaving no leftovers have a ham steak in the fridge for tomorrow... Probably if I'd look at it that way Karen it wouldn't sound so expensive ... I had to laugh at dd (the one that had my name for Christmas) I said I want to get a small slow cooker she said it was too close to Christmas to get one I still don't have one... I really like what she made for me I ought to send a picture of it to Beth to post it but wasn't liking the one I took will look at it again or retake it ...
you should post some pictures of what you have accomplished Beth what did you decide on the floor?
we are looking at a slim possibility of snow but it's also going to be cold they don't work together .... I remember when as a kid would almost wish for snow because it was warmer when it snowed than when it didn't
I think I need to quite rambling on
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:53 am

Earlier tonight I went thru the chills, and feeling hot, back to chills. Temp was back up to 102*. I can sure tell when it goes up! :shock: I feel like a truck ran over me! :shock: Took the Covid meds after having some soup. The dr told me to eat before I take them and now I know why! They leave an awful aftertaste and when I tried eating anything after I took them, I got a nasty taste in my mouth! So I can't be snacking after I take them! Would be a good deterrent for people trying to lose weight! I wonder how long that aftertaste lasts? :? I will have to eat breakfast before I take them in the morning and hopefully my lunch won't be nasty tasting. The upside, is I am feeling better now. My temp is down to normal tonight. I am coughing quite a lot tho. Also my eyes have been really watery and it makes it hard to see clearly. Can't read or watch TV very well.

Sheila, I just needed to take a photo of the written form I got from the Urgent Care saying my test was positive and text it to my manager. Once the 5 day quarantine is up, I have to be free of any fever for 24 hours before I can go back to work. Then I have to wear a mask for another 5 days. Luckly, I still have quite a few masks left, altho they are not the really good ones. Will have to see if I need those kind.

We are actually under an earthquake advisory! :o There was a 4.1 foreshock yesterday down by the Salton Sea on the San Andreas fault. They are thinking we could get an earthquake in the next couple days out here on that fault line. I hope they are wrong! I live about a mile from the San Andreas fault. :shock:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee