It’s the 4th all ready!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It’s the 4th all ready!

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:31 am

Just stopping by to say “HI”. Judy, so hoping there is nothing serious going on with your engine.
We had a nice bit of rain yesterday. Of course when I went to the grocery store I got caught in a shower. Hazel does not like the rain. I hurried home, but we both were pretty soaked!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: It’s the 4th all ready!

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:56 pm

I am hoping the same thing, Lyn. Guy is supposed to come tomorrow, but I have not heard from him yet.

Barbie, it's all over the internet, but here is one source: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ander ... 00018.html Make sure you enlarge the image.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:06 pm

Good morning. Another rainy damp day, heck what is new. The good news is our temps will be dropping so that means snow!!!! We definitely need some snow. The ski resorts cant open yet. Mt Ashland has no snow. Which is unusual as it sits at the top of the Siskiyou pass. None of the ski resorts can open yet in the Cascades. I hope we get lots of feet of snowpack to sustain us thru the hotter months. February is traditionally our snow month. It should start in December and often November but no such luck this year. We had a pretty minimal fire season last year so hoping for the same this year. We had fires but not as many or as bad as previous years. I am not complaining about the rain just getting tired of the gloomy days.
Henry is on the job this morning in the breakfast dining area and kitchen. Then I will mop the floors when he is done.
Fixing stuffed chicken breast for dinner and an acorn squash. I had a big breakfast this morning. Made homemade hash browns with a couple of fried eggs, was good.
Judy sure hope everything is an easy fix for your RV. Shirl let me know how your green thumb works on the mini garden.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:55 pm

Posting to push this up to the top of the list.

I am just happy that days will be getting longer so we do not have so much darkness! :D
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:45 pm

I can already tell the days are getting longer. Yay!

I went to the ophthalmologist today and am scheduled for both eyes to get my cataracts removed. Earliest they could fit me in is mid-March. It means I might be here a couple/few weeks longer than I had planned but I really liked everyone at this place so I will make this work. Including today's appt there will be 7 total appts! More than I expected. Pre and after for both, etc. I need a doctor's note that I'm well enough for the surgery. So I might see if I can find a doctor here in the next couple months. I probably should have one here. I went into a clinic the only time I had to see one so I might call the clinic and ask if they could do this. I'm going with the basic cataract surgery. I've worn glasses so many years, over 60 now (ok, I did wear contacts 20 or so years) that I can't see paying the difference just to get rid of glasses. Now if I was younger or wealthy, maybe I'd think differently. I just want good eyesight.

I hated driving home after having my eyes dilated today. Luckily it doesn't last.

My neighbors met with friends today to go to Padre Island. I said I'd check on their dog. They said he wouldn't need walking, but when I was getting ready to walk Ty before it got dark I noticed they weren't back yet, so decided he'd join us. As I was getting us ready they texted me asking if I could take him out lol. He and Ty get along great so both were happy with the walk.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:05 pm

Not much going on here today. My thermometer says the high was 72 but it didn't feel that warm. We have rain coming in the morning. They are saying it could be severe and we could get over an inch of rain. Then rain again on Monday.

Judy having engine trouble reminded me that my motorhome is over due to be serviced. I keep forgetting to call for an appointment. They always want me to leave it and it's a pain to get a ride home and back to pick it up. Judy, hope you don't have a major problem.

I did get the oldest box of tax papers out of the old house and burned them. Now to move 2022 to the box.

I baked a Muffuletta that I had gotten at the deli for supper. I don't know what was wrong with it but the taste was off. Their muffulettas are usually good. It's hard to believe tomorrow is Friday. Seems like this has been a short week.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:50 am

I agree Martha this week just hasn't been right... :lol:
the weather report from here isn't good no snow but hopefully soon they are skiing but only limited areas and it's man made snow... we sure need the snow... economically if not for any other reason and since we have been in a drought situation for many years we really need it last year was a good snow year but it doesn't make up for the lack of it for many years
did get mom's shower done hair set just took the rollers out and boy were they tangled not sure if her hair is too long for the rollers or what but .... think it is time to take her to the salon guess if the weather holds it will be ok sure as shooting I make an appointment and we will get a blizzard I have the pass to drive over which is not fun to drive in the winter time...
did go to an institute class tonight hopefully it will be good the lady giving the class couldn't talk I felt a bit out of my comfort zone was the eldest there...
I finished one of the fingerless gloves hopefully they will fit... if I work on it later I can finish the other glove I want to be able to send the pkg off to my dd I thought I would just grab a mailer at the post office should work ok
Barbie 600 is a lot but think a lot of it is sanding the wood... still that is a lot of money... and I bet you could do it you can rent sander's from Home Depot I'm good at saying you could do it as I bet I wouldn't first off couldn't kneel that long... but surely there is a cheaper way to go
Evie I don't even know how to do whatever you suggested on the laptop heck not even on the tv... I assume it can be done on the tv but don't know how... and my laptop is really old I've had it since not sure of the year but that winter I stayed in Ogden cause the pickup had tranny issues and I refused to fix it again... and it was refurbished then
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee