Wednesday January 3

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday January 3

Postby Shirlv » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:37 am

Morning All, have had a lot of overcast days but temps in high forties. I am loving the colder air. I have a larg grow light which is helping with my need for sunshine. lol Martha, thanks for the text hint. Reading is now labor intensive. Hoping for a coupe of quiet boring months. Got a micro green kit for Christmas, will see how that grows. Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Wednesday January 3

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:17 am

Morning Shirl and all who follow. Nothing exciting here today. Ty says otherwise. Amazon delivered a package before 8. He gets excited with any and all ups, FedEx, and Amazon deliveries even though none here are giving him treats. He keeps hoping. I haven't figured how he knows the Amazon delivery people yet, by sound only. I probably never will.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:03 pm

Good morning gals!

Was sunny an hour ago when I woke up but now is overcast. I think we are supposed to get rain later on.

Am hoping the other maintenance guy shows up today. He wants to measure the deck and porch but I already did that and wrote it all down for him.

Need to finish up cleaning around here. Mostly done but just a few things to put away yet (clothes, dishes, etc). Also need to take down the Christmas tree. Need to find a small bin for the decorations. I kept the box the tree goes in.

Have a couple haircuts this afternoon with Debbie and Dave. Need to borrow a drill from Dave to finish a small project. My drill is in the storage unit. :roll:

That's about it for today. Have a good one! :D

Edit: just saw a photo on FB of the annual New Years Polar Plunge on Lake Minnetonka. They all had to jump off a dock because there is no ice on the lake yet!! Normally they cut a large hole in the ice to jump into! And it is usually around -10 below out. It was in the upper 20's above zero the other day. Crazy weather!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Irmi » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:35 pm

Good afternoon ladies!

Shirl, I had to google the micro green kit to see what it is. That's something right up your alley and with your green thumb, I know you'll have lots of success with it. Beth, when we had Teddy, he could recognize the sound of Steve's truck before he ever pulled into the driveway. Dogs have a very keen sense of hearing. Barbie, did your maintenance guy show up?

It was 44 degrees when I got up and right now we're in the high 60's. There is rain moving in tonight but it should be out of here in time for me to get my morning walk in. Trivia is tonight in the clubhouse which we always go to. The questions they ask show you how stupid you are, but we enjoy the camaraderie, so we go. Our table has never won, but that's okay. We'll have an early dinner to get there on time.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:09 am

It rained over night and I got a little over a half inch. It had cleared up this morning. I woke up about 4:00 with my nose running. I finally went back to sleep for a couple of hours. I had a dentist appointment at 11:30 to replace a filling. My nose was running like crazy so I took a non drowsy allergy pill hoping I could get thru the dental appointment. My dentist gave me so many shots that half my face was numb. I exchanged a harness for Luna at Petsmart because I got the wrong size and came home. I really wanted to stop and have some soup but didn't feel like going to a restaurant. Came home and opened a can of soup. I must have gone thru half a box of kleenex. I took a nap for a couple of hours and when I got up my nose had stopped running and I was feeling better. That was a fast cold or what ever it was.

Luna can tell if it's me coming up the steps and doesn't bark. Anyone else she barks. We had to have a couple of hours of fetch tonight because she didn't get enough exercise today. She is getting along with all the cats except two of the outside cats that don't like a dog in their face and want to fight. Rascal was afraid of her at first and now she like him the most. Frosty has been walking with us sometimes.

I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. I never did look for the oldest tax box so I could burn those papers. Need to do that so I can move the 2023 files to the bottom drawer and make the 2024 files. It has really helped having the file cabinet so close.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:13 am

Yes, the guy did come by, but he wants $600 to remove the carpet and sand the plywood! :o I don't have nearly that much to spend for that! Will have to come up with a plan B.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:30 am

sure don't know what I did but it all went away and it wasn't due to my submitting at the same time as some one else... ughh :oops:
Barbie why was the maintenance man needing measurements??? isn't he just going to remove the carpet?
Hopefully Judy your problem is easy to fix and doesn't need to be towed...
you would think I could remember at least in part what I was expounding on it was moments ago!!! probably not worth rehashing
I saw a couple of recipes for what they called chicken cobbler... basically a pot pie but no crust biscuits on top one used the Red Lobster biscuit mix but because I can't hear well what is said on the computer didn't catch the amount of milk although it looked really loose as she poured the mixture over the base then I had to laugh I'm sure there is a reason why but it didn't make since she took a call of cream soup again couldn't hear what type wouldn't matter I'm sure put it into a bowl poured some broth into a measuring container then poured some of that into the can (I got that to clean out the can) finished pouring the broth into the measuring unit then into the bowl with the soup and mixed it up... me I would have measured out the broth if it had to be measured then put the soup into the broth if it didn't need measured just poured it into the bowl with the soup...but not hearing the amounts ect I can't say it didn't need to be measured... it just seemed too many bowls ect... but it looked good
just a bit chilly need to see why I've lowed the temp in the other room as we aren't in it.. in hopes that the furnace would turn on... haven't really noticed it to much
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Pooker » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:12 am

Shirl - I received a micro grow kit also. Mine is herbs. With your green thumb I'm sure you won't have any problems. My black one not so much.

Beth, Irmi, and Martha - It sure is amazing how keen dogs' hearing is. Ty can probably tell the difference in the various truck engine sounds. We had a cat that would know the minute my DH drove into the neighborhood blocks away. She'd suddenly pop her head up and head over to sit in front of the door for him.

Barbie - Wow! $600 sounds way too much to remove the carpet. Couldn't you and your friend, Dave, or someone pull it up yourself? Sorry, you probably addressed this earlier and I don't remember.

Sheila - How about turning on the closed caption whenever there is something like recipes coming on? I find I have to use it a lot for many of the movies on t.v.
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Return to Morning Coffee