Tuesday, January 2nd

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday, January 2nd

Postby Colliemom » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:03 am

Good Morning. Brand new year, same old here. Cloudy and 26°. Looks like some snow for late tonight, more into tomorrow. Nothing significant maybe a couple inches. They have been talking about two significant storms coming. One the beginning of next week and then again next weekend, but it’s too far out to pin down yet.

I see on the morning news that Japan has taken a double whammy. Between the powerful earthquakes and the plane crash, they are really getting it right now. I also heard that the LA County area was struck by an earthquake centered off shore. Wonder if the two are related from the same thing.

Hi finished my diamond painting yesterday and now I am going to just make sure that my rows are all straight and run a toothbrush down the rows to make sure there’s no hairs, bitty pieces of wax etc. before I seal it. Then off to find a frame. Was going to go to Houghton Lake to the craft store down there that has a lot of picture frames, but I do need to go to town here, so I will probably hold off on that until Thursda, as tomorrow looks to be snowy. I have a second painting under the spare bed mattress to make sure that it is flat, and then I can start that one later.

Lyn, I agree with you on commercials etc., overriding the parades. Between that and focusing on the commentators, I don’t watch anymore. Seems like they always do it right when the bands are coming. Barbie I have been to Menards. Traverse City has one and so does Marquette. I will go and snoop around in there when they open, but at the moment I don’t really need anything. Carol, hope you and Bill enjoy your trip and Happy Anniversary. Shirl, health care organizations are getting hacked all over lately. There was one up here too, but I am not affiliated with that one. However, my local one was knocked out one day last fall, and they are checking to see if any patient information was affected. Cheryl, good to hear from you. Was wondering where you were planted for the winter.

I guess I should get myself going and head to town get my errands done. After that, I will probably just finish up cleaning the diamond painting and get it sealed. That is not required, but because I did a few cosmetic changes on mine which required taking diamonds off and put other ones on, and I decided to seal it to make sure they stay put. Imagine there will probably be a dog walk later today.

So have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Tuesday, January 2nd

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:38 am

I forgot Rabbits. Didn't think about a new year also meant a new month. Forgot about the parade too. I went to the New Years Day party. It was in a big metal building the they had set up to entertain in with a big TV on one wall, a tall table with stools and picnic tables. I sat at the tall table until my hip made me move and the picnic table wasn't much better. I don't know why people like the tall tables with the bar stools. I finally had to come home my hip was hurting so much. They wanted me to fix a plate to go and I said no so they fixed one for me. I have enough food for 3 days. My hip doesn't hurt at all when I get up but the more I walk the worse it gets.

Cheryl, thank you for posting the picture of Alice and Patrick. Patrick is so cute, he looks like a stuffed animal.

Shirl, I don't know if anyone told you how to enlarge the text on the forum. At the top of the page above your name there is an A with a v pointing down on the left and a v pointing up on the right of the A. If you click on the v pointing up it will enlarge the text.

Here we have a resale shop called ARC which is like Goodwill. I don't know what the ARC stands for. The one in Abbeville is building a new, huge building. Don't know how much they are helping the poor if they can build big, fancy buildings.

Barbie, I agree Anderson and Andy where a lot more funny before the network cracked down on their drinking. Probably a good thing but not as funny. I didn't care for the Bailey's SMores flavor and I have never seen the Salted Carmel. My brother's wife got me started putting Bailey's in coffee when they visited one time. I had to stop that. My stomach couldn't take Bailey's in the morning.

Japan isn't having a good start to the New Year. One of my camping friends daughter teaches in Japan. I haven't seen her post anything so hope her daughter is ok.

Luna lost her Kong yesterday and I didn't find it until this morning. Somehow she got it under the couch.

Don't know what I'll do today, probably not much. I'm trying to wash a load of towels and I have to babysit the washer to keep it from continually filling up with water because it is unbalanced. The dryer is making a noise so guess a new dryer is coming up. I have a dentist appointment in the morning so I can save any shopping I need to do until tomorrow.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Othersharon » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:15 pm

Good morning. Temps are slipping and windy. They are predicting a significant snowstorm over the next weekend. They are still hedging on the amounts but I just may be able to play with the snowblower! Buddy enjoyed the little covering we had yesterday morning so imagine he’ll really like a deeper snowfall. Noticed last night when we went out back that the hawk was at it again, another pile of pigeon feathers in the yard. It used to be a once in a while occurrence but now seems to be much more often. Not sure why but realize the hawk needs to eat too. And there are lots of pigeons around. I watched the ball drop in NYC the other night and said rabbits first and then wished Buddy a happy new year! He wasn’t impressed! We heard a few fireworks but not as many as usual. So far they don’t seem to bother him. The only thing he gets upset about are fire engine sirens. We have ambulances go by and they don’t bother him but he howls when the fire engines go by! Finally got to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and was pleased to see they weren’t very busy. So I was able to get in and out fairly quickly. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon so I’ll be needing to leave here soon since it’s in State College. Then back home and we should get out for a walk. I really need to find a treadmill for Buddy to burn off some of his energy when we don’t get out for a walk. I’ve seen some on Marketplace but none fairly close to me. I hope for a good year for all of you with good health and making good memories.
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:16 pm

Good morning all. It is same old weather here. Foggy, damp and scattered rain showers. We did see some sun yesterday but not for very long. 39/54 today. Pretty similar to every day.
Put an order in to Safeway last night as they had some things on sale I wanted. So this morning went and picked it up. I still need a Costco run and might go there in a bit. Then I should be done for a while.
Henry did his job so then I dusted. I need to see if I have some light bulbs as both bathrooms have 1 or 2 out over the mirror. If the last one goes out I will be in trouble ha ha
Almost time for some lunch. I dont like to go to Costco hungry ha ha
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:04 am

Played golf this morning. Did pretty good! Almost got a hole in one! Ball landed just 2 inches from the cup! Darn! Of course, it was beautiful out with sunny skies and a light breeze. Started off cool but took my sweater off when I got to the course and I was fine.

Work was busy today. Now that we are fully staffed, I am only scheduled next week for 2 days. So I will be filling in one day at another salon on Saturday.

Kind of in a grumpy mood tonight so hopefully, after a good night's sleep, will be in a better mood tomorrow since I need to finish getting this place looking good, and I am not too motivated when I am grumpy. :roll:

Good night...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:47 pm

Also been lazy, but at least I put new latches on 2 of the 3 drawers that need fixing. Last one is very low, so I will need a stool.

Watched a neighbor put his bikes on his bike rack and noticed after he and his wife put on the bike cover, that they used a stretch cargo net to tie it down. I ran out and found out it was very cheap and they got it from Harbor Freight, so I looked it up and am going to get one. I've been using more than a dozen stretchy bungee cords, but they sometimes pop off and i lose them, plus it takes a lot of time to put them on and get them off, so for $15, I am going to get myself a cargo net!!!

I called CoachNet about my engine running extremely badly, missing constantly, and they are having a mobile mechanic come out tomorrow or Friday. They pay for either a tow or a mobile mechanic for each incident, and mine is a very rough running engine. They say I should not drive it because it might damage the engine, so I am stuck in this campground until it is fixed. I will pay the mobile mechanic myself and then if he can fix it, I will get part of it reimbursed. If he cannot fix it, CoachNet will pay for a tow to a place where they can fix it, and since that would be a lot more expensive than the mobile mechanic, I am going to try that first.

So now, of course, I am worried about all the stuff I need to go out for, like propane, milk, butter, fruit, etc. In reality, I have enough propane for a few days, but I am making a mountain out of nothing, as usual.

Speaking of Anderson and Andy, did any of you see the part where Anderson Cooper lost it and could not stop laughing when John Mayer called in from a Tokyo cat cafe? It was pretty funny, especially as the cats had their rear ends in his face.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:05 am

Speaking of Anderson and Andy, did any of you see the part where Anderson Cooper lost it and could not stop laughing when John Mayer called in from a Tokyo cat cafe? It was pretty funny, especially as the cats had their rear ends in his face.

Darn! I missed that!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee