Where's everyone, Wednesday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Where's everyone, Wednesday!

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:46 pm

It is almost noon here and I am still hanging out in bed getting caught up on emails and FB messages. I have a headache, so am not much in a hurry to get up yet. Need to get busy soon tho. Have stuff to do! :shock:

You all must be up and at 'em and haven't got on here yet...
Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Wednesday afternoon

Postby Othersharon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:58 pm

Hi Ladies from wet and soggy PA. But the big surprise is that the temps have bee in the high 40’s and low 50’s. Weird for the time of year but it isn’t snow although I would almost welcome some snow. (Careful what I wish for!) Buddy and I had a quiet Christmas Day by choice. Took a nice long walk since it wasn’t raining and wore us both out. Tomorrow is vet day for him, anxious to see how much he weighs now. And to see how he acts. Youngest son stopped by on Christmas Eve since he was on duty in this area and Buddy seemed to forget all he learned. I would have liked to work with him longer but time didn’t allow. Son is one of the few people Buddy is very familiar with and was over joyed to see him. So again something to work on. I’ve been feeling good that he has been so good seeing people and other dogs and this incident blew it all away. I had him leashed and tried everything we’ve learned to no avail, he reverted back to the pre boot camp days. I think even though it’s raining I think we need to get out for a walk around the block a couple of times today. Other than all that I’ve just been puttering around in the house doing some little chores that always need done. Today is finally potato soup making day so I know what’s for dinner the next couple of days. Been going to do that for several days but never got to it. Beth, I remember when we first moved to PA we couldn’t really afford to replace the carpet in our house so DH found a source for carpet samples from a store and I think he only paid about a quarter for them and we carpeted the living room and called it our patchwork carpet. It was actually kind of a fun room. Definitely unique! Anyway, time to get back to what I was doing and call that chore done! Have a great rest of your day, everyone.
Othersharon

Re: Where's everyone, Wednesday!

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:14 pm

Sharon, maybe you need to talk with your son. We can teach the dogs so much, but some people let them get away with things and they learn quickly who they are. So it could be a combination there.

I slept in both yesterday and today. Totally understand doing that Barbie. I did get out for a good walk with Ty after I got up today. And I've taken down my few Christmas decorations and put them in a box. They'll stay in the tt. So what did I just see? A Christmas decoration I missed. Lol. I'll have to take it out to the box in the car. Amazon delivered a few things I've ordered, all meant for the tt, so they're in the car also.

Sharon, I'm kind of hoping for a similar effect. I haven't bought anything yet but want to work on the floor, especially cleaning it the best I can, next week.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:50 pm

Hi ladies!

This has been a really strange winter weather season. It's been unusually chilly here and we have another cold front moving in tonight/tomorrow. We brought some of my smaller potted plants in to protect them. It looks like it'll be chilly here through the weekend. I'll be wearing layers again. I'll be packing up the few Christmas decorations we have in another day ot two. We're having leftover rib roast, gravy and potatoes for dinner.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:00 pm

Good afternoon. Not too much going on here today. Housekeeping chores done, picked up my order from the grocery store, cleaned the kitchen and washed the floors. It is chilly today even tho it is 57 outside there is quite a breeze. So no dilly dallying outside today. Picked up the mail, paid a couple of bills and now having a caramel mocha.
Judy good news on your sons report. Hope his surgery goes as well. Irmi I hope it warms up for you soon. Put my order in for my dog food it will be here Saturday. I also ordered a bag of squeakers because I have no flippin' idea where I put the ones I ordered last year!!!!! They were NOT where I thought they were. Oh well, good thing they are cheap. I did not feel like searching the entire house for a bag of squeakers that I have just stuffed somewhere. I need to go thru her toy boxes and see what she never plays with and fix the ones she does as there are very few squeakers left. Then the dog toy hospital will have to fix a couple of her toys as they are splitting at the seams on a few of them. I want to do the fixing and the inserting new squeakers at the same time. I think I need to BLOCK myself on Amazon this coming year. It is just so darn easy to order instead of searching all over town for some small stupid thing. Anyway I will be in conservation mode come 2024 (I hope).
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:17 am

My annual check up went well and I made it out without any prescriptions. I got a Tetanus shot since I haven't had one since Hurricane Rita in 2005. The waiting room was packed and just hope I didn't pick up something there. Decided to eat at one of my favorite restaurants. I had the Shrimp Trinity which was grilled shrimp, fried shrimp and stuffed shrimp. It was on the lunch menu but still too much shrimp. A remodeled convenience store opened recently so I stopped to check it out. The only place I have seen more alcohol is Total Wine in Lafayette. You name it, I think they have it.

So far Luna plays hard with her toys but doesn't try to tear them up. My son's Boston Terrier could take a squeaker out of toys so fast. I need to go to Petsmart to look for a harness. She got herself put up again tonight for messing with a cat.

I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. It was nice this afternoon but I think we have the cold front moving in tonight.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:30 am

Not much going on with me. Went for a walk to check on the river otters, but none in sight. I did watch a snowy egret standing on a rock to fish in the small, but rapidly flowing creek where the otters live and that opens into the bigger river here. Then, I did take out my new shower head and screwed it on, plus I took off my old too-large and sloppy loveseat cover and put the new one on that I got for Christmas. It looks much neater.

So, as you can see, not much happening today. Oh, forgot. I did shorten a nightgown I bought too long. Tomorrow, I plan to put new latches on three drawers. Note that I said that was a plan, not a commitment. We shall see how ambitious I get. Now to bed.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:25 am

before I forget the other day "someone" was talking about starting a series of tv shows about a doctor mystery type show was it by chance Diagnose Murder with Dick Van Dyke?
Maid Rites was my husbands favorite food I do believe it was pretty local in his area in Iowa although just before he died the chain did expand out more... My DD#3 was able to get it in St Paul when she lived there and a friend of ours had it down in Missouri but other than that it was mainly Iowa ... I might go ahead and put the recipe that I use in recipes...
my daughter #3 also doesn't like playing with meat and she really doesn't like bones in her meat ... it was a good idea to get gloves to work with Barbie might expand your cooking :lol:
lazy day today I woke up with one of those head ache's that reside behind your eyes... although it didn't stick around for long it still gave me a reason to take it easy... so I used it even took a nap and finished my book didn't make it to the store though will do that tomorrow need to give mom her shower and then decide it's not a big deal have milk so if I don't make it till Friday that is ok might have french toast for supper have lots of bread to use... had to laugh I saw on yahoo a article about the best ingredient to use in French Toast that "I'll never not use" as I read it thought hmmm sounds like what I use... so I guess according to this writer I made good french toast :lol: prefer a more dense bread or rather a thicker slice but it's ok will make it and heat up the cooked sausage that is in the freezer if I can find it that is ... :roll:
so need to tackle that freezer I really wish that one of the old freezers was gone and I could get a small freezer maybe it would be easier to loose stuff
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:53 pm

So Sheila, what is that "one ingredient" for the best French toast? My grandma used to mix in some flour into her batter and it made the French toast thicker and a little crispy on the outside. It was good! I haven't made French toast in a long time. Mine usually turns out soggy in the middle. :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:50 am

Barbie I don't remember as it was just what I normally use cinnamon sugar vanilla when I remember besides the eggs and cream of course or milk or half and half depending upon what I have the most of.... I also read an article about adding flour to the egg mixture I'd never heard of it might have to do so just to try maybe you need to cook it on a lower temp so that it can get done in the center before getting too brown on the outside... I'm not sure or perhaps you let it soak to long in the mixture just a thought
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee