Merry Christmas Eve

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Merry Christmas Eve

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:39 am

And it's a special one as I received an email from Shirl showing her place with her plants! I posted this picture on the post of her new home but also thought it would be fitting here.

Merry Christmas Eve to each and everyone of you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Merry Christmas Eve

Postby Cudedog » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:48 am

Lovely new home, Shirl!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:00 pm

Good chilly dang morning 33 brrrrr Oh well I dont have anywhere I have to go and am working on a couple of projects that I was silly enough to order ha ha I bought a side table for my kitchen dining area that fits underneath my bar (it is kind of a low bar) Reading the reviews people said it took them about 30minutes to put it together...........well it took me that long to decipher the instructions. I needed at least one more arm to hold stuff up. I finally managed to get it all put together and I do like it. I bought it for $27 and now it is $48 I got one of those lightning deals on Amazon. It is not the best quality but of course I knew that when I bought it but it will do rather nicely where I have it. And I bought a bedroom side table also. The one I have on one side came with my bedroom set so wasnt going to spend another $250 for another one. So when I moved in here I ordered a small table............but that is the operative work "small" I have a couple of large marble base lamps. Fits well on the bedside table but is really crowded on the small table I bought. So this one is much bigger, and has a couple of drawers. Most people said it wasnt difficult to put together, took them about an hours. So, you all know I might have it done by dinner time, or Christmas.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: Merry Christmas Eve Day

Postby Colliemom » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:06 pm

Shirl, your new home and plants are lovely. Enjoy your first Christmas there.

Cloudy and damp here on this Christmas Eve Day. Been to Mass and Meijer for gas and a few grocery items. Good day to hit the store. Not overly busy.

Barbie, think you will like doing Diamond Painting. Few suggestions. The canvas needs to be laid flat and weighed down for a day or two before you start. You don’t want creases or wrinkles. Some people lay them under their mattress or use books. The canvas is coated with adhesive. There’s a clear cover on the canvas. Do not remove it except for the area you want to work on, unless you want to take it off and cover it with parchment paper or release papers made for that. . There usually instructions on how to get started. I made a post in General Talk about it awhile back. Most important thing is to keep it away from the cats for at obvious reasons. There s a FB group called Diamond Painting Group that you can join if you want. Lots of nfo in there. Best f all, take your time and enjoy. Questions, just ask.

Karen, good luck on the table project. I hate how those instructions are mostly all pictures and no other information these days. I am going to look for something to put on each side of my TV. Stand this winter too.

Pizza on the menu for me tonight. O Otherwise nothing exciting going n here. Off to my Diamond Paintng.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. Its been in 40's at night and 50's during day, no rain for a few days yet. Have a couple last minute gifts to wrap, but otherwise a relaxed day. Shirl, your new home is beautiful and so homey! Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:15 pm

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

We will not be having our Christmas until New Years day, as my Granddaughter is at her Dads for Christmas this year. But that is ok, my son will be here for dinner tomorrow afternoon, I broke down and actually bought a turkey breast. Now to see if I remember how to cook. :D He has requested cheesy potatoes, so that along with dressing and a fruit salad are on the menu.

It doesn't seem like Christmas here in WI it was 46 today and rainy. Supposed to rain for the next couple days we may not see any snow until next year. What a difference from last year, which was extremely cold with lots of snow.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:45 pm

Yesterday, after I posted on MC, I fell asleep and didn't wake up for 4 hours!! :shock:

The new stylist that just started is leaving already! She is actually transferring to another shop. I guess there is another new stylist starting at our shop in a week or so. Jeez! Just a revolving door of stylists! :o

Just got off work at 3 today and went and got the cole slaw for tomorrow. Tonight I will just relax. There is a candle light service at a church I went to in San Diego that I will probably watch on YouTube tonight too. Love the minister there.

Dinner tomorrow isn't until 5pm so I have all day to do much of nothing, altho I should do some cleaning around here. ("should" usually means "probably won't" :lol:

Shirl, love your plants set up!

Sue, thanks for the advice on the diamond painting.

Judy, glad you are enjoying the places you are visiting.

Beth, what ever you do with your floors, I am sure it will look very nice!

Karen, I am actually very good at putting things together. Pictures are better than written instructions for me. I am a very visual person.

Have a great Christmas Eve, whatever that entails!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dpf » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:23 pm

Merry Christmas! Trees up, presents are wrapped, house is cleaned and we’re in the middle of a blizzard warning until Tuesday night at 6:00. So the prime rib went in the freezer because Sean has to go back to work as soon as the roads allow and next weekend he has to work. Plus we have to work around Ashley’s family rescheduling their get together. It’s going to be a quiet Christmas around here. So far we’ve only had a few inches of snow right after Thanksgiving which melted in a couple days and the temperatures have been unusually high all of December. So it waits until now to decide to dump on us. We’re in an area predicted to get up to 12-13 inches. Oh yippee. It started with rain and sleet this morning. Thankfully that quit, so hopefully the electric lines aren’t iced. Now it’s just snow and high wind. Praying we keep power.

Other than that nothings new around here.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Irmi » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:10 pm

Good evening & Merry Christmas Eve ladies!

Shirl, I love your plant room. It looks so relaxing, so I can imagine you spending lots of time in there. Karen, Those pictures we're sent on putting things together are so confusing. How people decipher that is beyond me. Sue, enjoy the pizza. Mandy, Gypsyrose, Barbie and everyone, Merry Christmas.

I woke at 3:00 this morning fretting over music for today's two services. So I got up at 4:00 and made notes, double checked that all my music was filed correctly. The morning service was at 10:00 and the evening service started at 6:00. Between the two services were 14 carols including Mass at both services. My brain is tired.

Merry Christmas!
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:01 pm

Just so you all know it took me 4 1/2 hours to put that dang nightstand together.....several times. Once due to vague directions, again because apparently I dont know right from left X 2 Had to take it all apart down to step 2. Then put it back together, okay so both sides were upside down...sheesh. Bottom line tho is I finally won and now have a nice adequate nightstand AND a sore back.!!!!
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:06 pm

It has been raining all day and it just moved off to the East. We need rain but good grief. I wouldn't doubt that I got 4 inches.

Shirl's room looks very inviting. My cats would have a field day with all those plants. I didn't even think about getting my fake Poinsettia out.

I was looking for a night stand online for a while and there are so many that have to be put together. I'm not into building furniture anymore. I have a cabinet in the living room that came from a company that I like but can't remember the name of the company. Now I'm out of the mood. I get an idea of exactly how I want something to look and spend too much time looking.

I thought I would be alone for Christmas so only bought some turkey wings to cook. I don't know how much meat is on a turkey wing. Now my son is planning on coming. His girlfriend is sick so they aren't going to Baton Rouge. I hope she isn't planning on coming here. I got a cornish hen out of the freezer so guess we won't starve. lol

They are predicting a freeze for Thursday so guess on Tuesday I will be out looking for pipe insulation. The darn cats like to sharpen their claws on the insulation so it doesn't make the summer.

Merry Christmas!

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:06 pm

Karen, you go girl!
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:22 pm

Irmi wrote:Karen, you go girl!

Times 2.

Pat, I hope it won't be a bad as they are saying it could be. Fingers crossed for you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:14 am

my turkey breast turned out really good really moist just enjoyed it my brother even said it was good... I sat there and mentally thought it all out did I get every thing to the table decided I did then when I was bagging up the turkey I remembered the dressing that I didn't even make the one in the box??? oh well it will be there and one day it will get used
went to church had a really good Christmas program enjoyed the music
didn't get a nap but fell asleep while coloring for guessing an hour woke up in time for family chat...
Shirl your plants are going to like their new space... it looks really good
I still have mom's presents to wrap guess that will happen as well
Pat we will hope it's not as bad as predicted
you all have a very
Merry Christmas
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee