It's Friday!!!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Friday!!!

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:42 pm

I'll open this, but will post again later. This morning I am just relaxing, waiting for my family Zoom call at 3 pm. I put away a lot of outdoor stuff yesterday because am heading to different campground for few days, not that I leave much out, but I did wash the bike cover inside and out and then ended up hanging it loosely over the bike on the rack so it should be dry enough today to fasten is down with bungee cords. Plus folded my chair up and discovered it is now really, really rusted, just not a little rusted, so I will use some of the Camping World gift card my Napa son sent me for a new chair or two. Also will use the card to get a new shower wand--old one is crusted up with lime and i have done everything to try to clean it up. Cheaper and easier to get a new one.

I have to add that I have been participating in a CLL forum for many years, and almost no one is posting on it these days. It is for patients and caregivers, so the lack of posts is very good news--the new targeted drugs have meant that far fewer people are getting really sick from CLL and even fewer are dying of it! What a wonderful success that hopefully someday will be repeated with all other cancers. :)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: It's Friday!!!

Postby Irmi » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Hi Judy and all that check in!

Judy, I enjoy following you on your trips and hope your son will be okay with his upcoming surgery, following the surgery he just had.

Anne, I hope that not all the kids cancel their Christmas visit.

Sue, thanks for checking in.

We had our friends that we followed across the country, over yesterday for our monthly visit and it was my turn to host the meal. Everyone had a good time but I'm so looking forward to being able to entertain outside. We've had an early winter and I'm so tired of having to wear so many layers. Steve is taking the leftover ham he cooked yesterday on his Big Green Egg and we're having pea soup for dinner and also adding kielbasa to it.

We could be in the low to mid 70's on Christmas day with a chance of showers later in the evening. We haven't had much sunshine for way too long.

Let us know what's going on in your life.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:02 pm

Good afternoon, just finished lunch. Had my eye doc appt today and hoping not too many boo boo's on this post as my eyes are still cilated as my appt was at 11. I hate getting my eyes dilated but dont have to have that done again for quite a while. I go back every 4 weeks for 3 months then can graduate to 8 weeks per the protocol. Just put some Ketorolac drops in my eyes so will turn on the tv and let them rest. Will chat more later.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:20 pm

Irmi wrote:Anne, I hope that not all the kids cancel their Christmas visit.

Irmi and Sheila, thanks for thinking of me, and thank you both for your kind words. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes!) crossed. :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:15 pm

I hate getting my eyes dilated. Several years ago, I had my eyes dilated in Napa where I was getting my eyes checked. I had borrowed my DIL's car and by the time I got out of the eye doctor's office it was dark. I am a little familiar with Napa after visiting there so often, but I could not read the road signs this time and got thoroughly lost!! I made a whole lot of wrong turns before i finally found a larger road I recognized and was able to drive back to my son's house.

I am all packed up outside for my trip tomorrow to the next campground. I will stop at the Audubon Corkscrew Sanctuary on my way, so need to get up and moving early, at least early for me! After walking on boardwalk, I will make a quick grocery stop so I don't need to go out of Christmas Eve. Traffic is crazy around here, by the way, so I assume tourists are already here.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:59 pm

Good evening gals!

I heard a little rain overnight but was very surprised in the morning to see the back yard flooded! Then I headed to work. The main road going thru the valley that I take to work was totally flooded on my end of town! It was open but the water was at least a foot deep for a good mile or so. Was very slow going thru the water. While at work we got another heavy rain storm and the power went out for just about 5 seconds so no big deal with that, but was worried at first it would stay off and all of WM and us would be in total darkness! Hard to cut hair in that! My area of the valley got hit the hardest and we ended up with almost 1 1/2 inches of rain. Considering we only get 3 inches of rain per YEAR, that is a lot in just 12 hours! The I-10 freeway was shut down on one side due to flooding rain and mud, for a short time. I thought they had fixed that problem after the hurricane last summer. I guess not. Once the sun comes back out in the next day or so, we should be able to see the snow on the mountains. This is the first snow event of the season for the mountains, which is late.

Wasn't too busy at work today, just steady. But my sciatica was really killing me by the end of the 6 hours. :( Just curled up in my new throw blanket tonight laying on my heating pad. All my joints are a little achy, I think from the damp air and my arthritis.

Not much else new here. Have a good night.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Judy, I hope everything goes well for your son. Visiting is good, but hopefully not because of these circumstances.

Anne, I hope you get to see your kids.

Barbie, I saw damage at a friend's ont Yuma. No one expected the reason you or they got. Stay safe.

I went out for some pickup orders today. Sam's Club had a great deal on a dinnerware set so I decided to get one for the tt. Turns out I'm used to my lightweight stuff so I immediately was thinking this while unboxing. So when I saw a crack in one piece, I boxed it all back up. I might even brave the crowds and return it tomorrow. I've been also trying to figure out where I can put trash cans in the tt. I've got a couple slimmer, small ones in my Amazon cart, planning to measure places. Then I went in to check for mail today and looked at the free table. I've if the guys was putting a small garbage container on it. I wanted with lids, but think maybe I can put that under my kitchen sink so grabbed it right up. If not I'll take it back for someone else. I do need one still for on the bathroom with a lid, but anything I don't have to buy is a good thing.

Ty's sleeping at the opposite end of the couch and dreaming. All his paws are twitching. Sometimes when he really dreams his tail gets into it, too. Right now it's just dancing paws.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:01 am

I brought Luna to the vet this morning to get her checked out. Thank goodness she is heart worm free.

I don't know what I was thinking, I went to Lafayette. The traffic is really bad. The parking lot at one of the grocery stores I wanted to go to was so packed that I wouldn't stop.

Beth, I found a small metal trash can with a lid for the bathroom in my motorhome at Walmart. That was several years ago so don't know what they have now.

Judy, Harbor Freight has a good camping chair. I like mine because it's lite. I don't know what they are made of but they don't rust like some of the more expensive chairs do.

Anne, hope your family can come for Christmas. My son thinks he can get out of going to Baton Rouge so he might come. I think it's more to see Luna. lol

I think the rain will get here Sunday so Irmi, you might have rain for Christmas.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:11 am

Beth, I found a small metal trash can with a lid for the bathroom in my motorhome at Walmart. That was several years ago so don't know what they have now.

Martha, that sounds like what I have in my current bathroom. Small but not one that will fit in the tt bathroom. Small but not small enough for the tt bathroom. I've found a few, need to measure the actual width that will fit.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:33 am

because of watching so much Hallmark Movies and Mysteries I actually haven't seen some of the more well known commercials... so tonight I spent time watching 5 in their opinion the best commercials... all really good and the only one I remember seeing is the little old ladies sledding down the hill... that one is cute all of them were but did enjoy seeing them maybe for the only time...
went to the grocery store spent a whole lot more than I expected to do will go look at the receipt and make sure it was ok they were busy enough and had to pull someone from Starbucks to help check :roll: I did get a case of oranges they wanted to charge per lb I was ready to say no way not getting it but they finally agreed that it was per case... did find a Turkey Breast not need to figure out how to roast it... I've never cooked one before and it's been a lot of years since I baked a turkey
I called my brother to see if he could come for Christmas dinner turns out he works Christmas day so he said he could do something Sunday night now I need to decide if it will be our Christmas dinner or if I will go get something else and then have the Christmas dinner on it's day need to decide pretty quickly
was starting supper and thought I'll call .... and see if she is working and if she wants to come for supper as I'd be through about when she got off work she wasn't but decided to come into town for supper... had taco soup tasted really good...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee