The Wi ter Solstice, Dec. 21st

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

The Wi ter Solstice, Dec. 21st

Postby Colliemom » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:33 pm

Here it is, afternoon and nobody around. Thought I had better check in today and let you know all’s well. I’m grateful for this wonderful group of women who care for each other and get worried if somebody doesn’t put in appearance after awhile. Maybe we should exchangphone numbers, so we can check on each other.

I’ve just been busy doing pretty much same old. Had dental x-rays and teeth cleaning on Monday. All’s well there. Ran errands and took ride to Houghton Lake to check out picture frames for Diamond Painting. Didn’t buy any though. Am also going to check out Habitat Restore, Goodwill and Salvation Army as they get frames and pictures all the time. Find the right size and can paint it what I want. Piper had vet appt. Today for Heartworm test and Lepto shot, so that’s the week so far. Been working on my Diamond Painting, coming along good.

Am keepingvthis short as neighbor is dropping something off to me on way home from town, which should be pretty soon. But I will leave you with this wish

Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: The Wi ter Solstice, Dec. 21st

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:50 pm

Sue, I love this day because it means days start getting longer again. I always thought it funny that the coldest days of the winter would be after this date. I love the picture and saying.

I'm not planning much today. If anything. Ty and I went for a walk and visited around the park this morning. My neighbors had been gone with with rig for dinner rig repairs and arrived back. Another person here had parked their giant motorcycle in their site and then the husband left the park. Of course they showed up. The wife had no clue how to start it. His brother thought he did, but didn't. The manager and owner came over. Finally the owner got it started and moved. It was fun watching but I'm sure frustrating for my neighbors who just wanted to get parked back in their site. Yesterday per was turned off for dinner work on my area of the park. Just got told we'd be off again for a bit this afternoon. I'll miss my solar and inverter when things like this happen and I'm in the tt. Lol. Yes, I've been spoiled. Barbie, carpet squares will most likely be the easiest (I'll be able to do them myself with no fancy tools) and least expensive route. The entire floor currently is not even really cleanable enough to have any left showing. I think I'll be going this route, knowing it can be changed down the road. Reviews are very good on them, and if you have any extras, you can easily replace any that might get damaged, etc. The ones I'm looking at are inexpensive and breathable. Now the question for myself is whether to use some mix and match ones or get a solid color. I'm leaning towards going crazy with the mix and match. But I won't be doing this until probably early January, so plenty of time to think on it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:13 pm

I went and got my blood work done yesterday for my appointment next week. I'm glad I have an appointment coming up because I have had a couple of dizzy spells. Something new for me. I wasn't feeling real great and the lady that did my blood work kept blowing her nose. I was wondering if I should drink some Purell. lol One of my camping friends was having a lunch at her house so went to that. She has a lot of vintage things and her house has a lot of Christmas decorations. Nice to look at but I would hate to have to take care of all of that.

Boy, am I ready for the days to get longer. For some reason it seems like this year it gets dark earlier than I remember. Tonight is the night to put out the trash so I need to gather up all the trash. It didn't get put out last week and the bin is getting ripe.

I never did buy anything to cook for Christmas. I always have my Turkey TV Dinner. My SIL is having her annual dinner Saturday but I don't feel like going to that. My sister and her bunch will show up. I keep forgetting to get some cranberries to make cranberry sauce. I better find some soon because I won't see them again until next November.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:33 pm

Good afternoon. I have been a busy bee this morning, sorting out paperwork, making folders for them, and shredding and tossing other stuff. Then had Henry to the kitchen and dining area so I could wash the floor. Washed my quilt off my bed. Went outside and threw away the dying or dead plants in my garden pots. Trash comes tomorrow so thought it was a good idea. It was time anyway, they were not going to winter over.
Beth I think the carpet squares are a good idea. I think that will keep it a bit warmer/cooler in there. And I like the idea of replacing one if something spills and wont wash up clean.
Martha glad Luna is keeping you on your toes. Good exercise I am sure. They are very busy dogs anyway. I dont know much about the mini's but she seems like she likes the fetching. Time now to just relax
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:27 am

one of my friends that I met in Q has either a Heeler or an Aussie a lot of dog but she gets a lot of good companionship from her dog...
when it comes time to redo my floors will need to remember the squares but then that means getting on the knees and I don't do that very often the other day I dropped something that I couldn't reach any other way but get on my knees oh that hurt my thought at the time was won't be doing this any time soon
my long hose for the concentrater that goes a long ways around the house for some reason has had a crimp couldn't get it out to stay so finally when they called to see if I needed any tank replacements so asked about it they said to replace it I had one but when she brought the tanks she brought another hose and some canola's so I switched it out this morning moved the concentrator to where it stays in the daytime... I could leave it there all the time but it's could create a trip hazard for mom during the night.. so I move it down by my room so unless she "checks on me" she won't get in the area of the hose ... anyway I go fix breakfast decided to check the pellet stove and got stopped about where I sit at the table ... I thought this isn't good (when I put it on I thought it was shorter but didn't know the size of the other one) then I went to the bedroom had a big stop there barely made it to the door.. so I called the company they said to combine two and I had the whatever to connect them so decided to do that when I pulled out the other one it felt bigger so decided to measure the one I just put on this morning and it was only 15 feet not the 25 feet it was suppose to be... the other one works all by it's self go where I need to for the most part I don't get out side too far but that is what the tanks are for...
it's one of those day's I truly didn't want to do anything and I did about that ... read a bit on FB scriptures and talked with my friend in WA for over an hour it was needed we don't do that often so a good catch up time...
I have this project the fingerless gloves I'm about to pull it out to the beginning fortunately that isn't very far but the row below has 24 stitches the currant row has 23 which isn't much but if it keeps doing it it will be an issue... If I could find the reason I'd be ok maybe I ought to go work on the other color and see if it works out better in yarn I can see the stitches easier... a thought
Anne I hope that your kids can make it I know that you were looking forward to it so much...
that would have be scary Barbie hopefully you feel better after a day off work
still not sure what we will have for dinner Christmas day I wish my dd would call and say mom we are bringing dinner but that won't happen I'm sure that they will want a family day
I have rambled on long enough
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee