Wed the 20th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wed the 20th

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:14 pm

5 days and it's Christmas. I need to shop the end of the week for the fresh items for the salad I'm making and to wrap the small gift I'm contributing to the after dinner exchange. I have two things I want to contribute, but not sure how that would work considering no one knows who contributed what and there needs to be the same amount of people as presents. Hmmm. I'll think on that lol I'm sure I can gift one of them to someone separately. The weather should be pretty nice all week. Hugs miss to you 70's with lows in the 60's. We've been getting lows in the 50's and a couple 40's do I've been using the furnace mornings but this week hopefully no furnace or AC needed.

Lyn, that's wonderful that they put automatic doors on your entrance. I'm sure you aren't the only one that is helped by them.

I'm still trying to figure out how/what to do with the tt floor. I think I might go with carpet squares. I could do those myself, I believe. Cutting out for heat vents, etc. No matter what I do, cleaning the existing floor is going to be a pita and I need to move that up on my to-do list. I'm walking over shortly to see if I can keep the floor in the bathroom. Definitely don't want carpet there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Wed the 20th

Postby Othersharon » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:53 pm

Finally having some sunshine and a lighter wind! Buddy and I just came back from a nice walk. With all the rain and whatnot we’ve been getting it hasn’t been a priority. Last night when it calmed down some we walked up and down in front of my house. Martha, your pup is adorable and looking so bright eyed! Now that was the size of dog I was after! Not that at this point I’d give up Buddy! No one to blame but myself for that decision. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve in just a year though. Lots of ups and downs. We saw 2 of the dogs we had walked with earlier this fall and they greeted each other like long lost friends. I have an appointment this afternoon with my chiropractor so that’ll take a chunk out of the day. So glad they text a reminder 24 hours before. I knew it was coming up but somehow it didn’t make it to my calendar. Beth, lots of fun projects on your tt. I’ve thought about taking up the carpet in my rv but then I think it keeps the floor warmer when it is chilly and it’s a good sound barrier. Carpet tiles are easy to put down and a fairly easy do it yourself project. I still haven’t set up my printer. Now that the furnace problem seems to be solved I should get to that! I’m trying to be optimistic that it’ll keep working! Steam systems are not the norm nowadays so there aren’t many options for repair people. After my appointment today I really need to get to Sam’s Club for a couple of things I’m just about out of. Hoping it won’t be too crowded but probably wishful thinking! It’s the time of year for crowded stores and I thought I’d be able to avoid it but it hasn’t happened! I know I could order online and pick up but that’s just not me. I need to get myself out among people once in awhile. Barbie, I think I’d rather have quarters to feed into a washer too! Speaking of which I need to throw a load into the dryer so best get to that! Have a good day all.
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:20 pm

Cloudy today but no rain and the temps are pleasant low 50's. Rain, cloudy, showers is our predicted weather thru Christmas. Good for travelers tho as usually snow is predicted in the passes.

Beth I am happy you have a project. As long as you just go at it day to day instead of trying to get it perfect so soon. I know you know how to pace yourself so I think this will be fun to watch!!! Lyn glad you have automatic doors at your condo. I think all stores should have automatic doors. We have a couple of stores here that if you have a full basket it is heck to open the door and get the basket out I see people struggling so often. Sharon I like ordering online then just picking it up. I spend so much less doing that. I do like to go in the stores once in a while tho. Winco just opened here in town and they dont offer online ordering. But their prices are so much cheaper as no credit cards, no advertising and no online business for ordering. Irmi I am sure you enjoy Christmas and all the carols at church. They are so lucky to have you to play for them.

Anne you made me smile asking all the questions on how and why we got the dog we got. Most of us have shared our journeys in that direction but would be fun to read the stories again...Maybe a new topic???

Well I got the tracker watch I ordered late yesterday and spent the next several hours figuring it out and setting it up. Wasn't too bad. Especially with the help of Youtube LOL I slept with it on last night and it did track my sleep just great. I got a text and it showed up on my watch so all is good. Got a notification of motion detected on the front deck. YUP a cat LOL Havent tried the receiving a phone call yet but I have high hopes. I dont want to talk on the watch I just want to see who is calling. My phone announces who is calling but I like when I am outside and the phone is inside I can hurry and pick it up or just respond when I get in the house OR on the watch can send a quick response. So I think that is the end of my tech journey right now. A new computer might be in my future but so far this one has quirks but I am dealing with them and it still turns on LOL

Well almost lunch time so will throw my yam in the air fryer and fix some ham for lunch.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:55 pm

Not much exciting today. I walked around and got tied up in a couple of conversations longer than planned, so did not get much walking in. Then it got really chilly, so I was happy to get inside my nice, warm RV. Supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow, but last couple of nights have really been cold.

My California son made it through his melanoma removal yesterday in SF, but did not get home until late, so I did not hear from him until today. He ended up with a 3.5" incision on his shoulder where the melanoma was and a 2" incision in his armpit where they removed a lymph node to check it for cancer. He is pretty sore, but says he is OK. School is over for the holidays, and he has 2-3 weeks of lesson plans ready for his substitute since the pancreas surgery is Jan 10th. School does not start until the 8th, so he will not be going back at all, since he has to get to SF the night before his surgery. He still does not want me to fly out, but I will be thinking about doing it if he changes his mind.

Beth, they do have floor tile that is sticky so you can put it down yourself. Some of it is the very glossy stuff that looks really nice. I used it in the kitchen quite a few years ago when I had a house. You just peel the backing off each tile and lay it down, although i have to admit that you have to be very careful to lay it down exactly next to the previous one because once it gets stuck on, it is hard to remove. The result, however, was very good and my old dull floor was now glossy and brighter. You can cut it with a razor knife to fit around things, but you do this before you take off the backing paper. You might want to go to a Lowes or Home Depot and take a look at it before you go with carpet tile.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:46 am

I had planned on doing a apple crisp for the party tonight so after scriptures I got up and peeled apples, and a couple of pears... then got out the recipe it took me awhile to find the one that I wanted to use... started the topping and started the filling part... only to find out that all of the brown sugar was put in the topping... looked everywhere but couldn't find any more... so used white sugar I"m sure it would be a lot better with brown sugar... then since I was in a hurry I grated the butter but because I made the topping in to small of a container the butter became even a more unmanageable mass finally got it into the oven but when I pulled it out it wasn't quite done almost but not quite you know another 15 minutes would have been great but when all said and done it was totally finished I had thoughts that I would bake it another few minutes ... it was tasty the little bit I had will have to make it again see if I can do it correctly
Lyn so glad that you now have electric doors love them when I'm where they are used ...
Beth there are pros and cons when it comes to carpet verses tile... I actually not sure what I would want to do when I get to work on my trailer it does have the slides so whatever I do I need to keep that in mind...
one thing I did today was take care of my son's birthday and Christmas... he was on a cruise a few weeks before his birthday so I told him I wanted to give him his birthday gift so he could use it on his cruise... pretty much was told don't do it no gift card no nothing... so when I was there on my last leg of my trip we were all out for lunch and I asked the girls what sounded like a good family gift .... we good grandma you don't need to... then youngest said to donate it they decided on Road Home so today I finally took care of it son texted me to call when I woke up guess that donations made today and tomorrow I believe would be matched if I understood him correctly if so it will be a nice one... I gave my granddaughter her birthday gift I've joined the ranks of money works so gave her some cash she almost wouldn't take it not sure what they have going on why grandma can't give them anything...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:05 am

Got up for work this morning and brought a small load of laundry to wash at work. We were busy right away and stayed that way. The guy I was working with is really slow. One haircut took him over an hour to do and we were getting backed up with customers and one guy was getting mad. My back started hurting but I was too busy to go sit down. Then after several hours, I all of a sudden started getting really light headed like I was gonna pass out. Also felt like I was gonna get sick. I left my customer and went in the office for a few minutes. A manager from another shop and another gal had come in earlier to do some schedules or something and were in the office. I went back out to my customer hoping to finish the haircut, but after a few minutes, I knew I couldn't. I asked the other stylist if he could finish my haircut for me which he did. I went into the back supply room to sit for awhile. After about 20 minutes, I started to feel a little better, thinking I was good enough to drive myself home at least. I went into the office to get my stuff and the two gals in there gave me a hard time about leaving early. I told them I needed to leave before I got too sick to be able to. I did make it home OK but still wasn't feeling very good so I took a nap. Woke up later with a splitting headache! Am feeling OK tonight but not back to normal. Not sure what that was all about. I have tomorrow off so I can rest up some more. I work both Saturday and Sunday. :roll:

My church had their candlelight service tonight with our retired minister doing the service. I had planned to go but ended up just watching it online instead. It was good.

I figured out how much I am making including credit card tips per month before taxes. With SS, I am only allowed to make so much money before being penalized. The first year is different as far as the penalty goes. I didn't realize it until tonight, but if you make even one dollar over the amount allowed for the month, you won't get any payment from them the next month!! I am cutting it really close but haven't gone over so far. Once the year us up, then it is a little less strict. Then they go by the yearly amount made, rather than the monthly amount made. I am not sure tho if the second year starts at my birthday or on the month I got my first payment last year. I need to check on that. I can't increase my hours at work until I find out when the second year officially starts.

My friend Debbie stopped by with a Christmas gift for me. It is a large tin of the English Toffee I love. Same stuff I bought last week when I was in Palm Springs. I need to not eat that so fast this time. I have only had a couple bites so far since my tummy is still a little off.

Beth, are you sure you want carpet in the trailer? Maybe you could just do throw rugs which would be easier to clean. Just my humble opinion... :)

I didn't get my laundry at work finished so I might have to stop there tomorrow so I have something clean to wear to work on the weekend and on Christmas. Not sure how to resolve the washer/dryer issue here.

We had a little bit of rain here tonight, but we have a flash flood watch for Thursday night thru Friday night with heavy amounts of rain expected here. Will be a white Christmas in the local mountains!

Need to get to sleep...

`
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:47 am

BarbaraRose wrote:I didn't get my laundry at work finished so I might have to stop there tomorrow so I have something clean to wear to work on the weekend and on Christmas. Not sure how to resolve the washer/dryer issue here.

Barbie, that is ridiculous!! It would seem to me that having access to the amenities of your park - all the amenities, including laundry - is part of what you are paying for with your HOA dues.

For me, I would be writing a nastygram :evil: to the HOA board, to let them know what is what!!

Good luck!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee