Getting Cold Mondsy

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Getting Cold Mondsy

Postby Colliemom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:25 am

Morning gals. Still dark out as I write this, but quite the change in weather today. After a nice mild stretch of weather leading I to a sort of cloudy weekend. A strong cold front is coming tbrough and the temps are falling. Rain has turned to snow and roads might flash freeze due to the fast temp change. Areas to my west and southwest are under Win Weather Advisories for snow, Wind and possible whiteout conditions. My county is out of the advisory area, but I’ve never known Mom Nature to stop at county lines :roll: tine will tell. And wouldn’t you know it, I have a Dentist appt. this morning at 9 a.m. That might work to my advantage though, as snow isn’t expected to really kick in till around 10 or later.

Karen, had to laugh at all your technology issues yesterday. I’ll stick with the old tried and true. Just put my lights on a finer and that’s it. I don’t have any Christmas lights out anyway. :lol: Sharon, hope They get your furnace fixed in quick order before this cold front hits you. Beth, I bet Ty loved being off leash. I know my two sure did last Friday.

Bit of a busy week coming up. Dentist this morning, both dogs to vets Thursday and Friday. . Hoping to go to Houghton aLake either tomorrow or Wednesday.

But right now need to get cleaned up, get my trash ready to put out and be off to dentist in about an hour. So will wish you all a Happy Monday.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Getting Cold Mondsy

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:45 am

Been up since 4:30 Feel like I had a good sleep tho. Had Alexa turn on the patio lights this morning YAY I like them because my other motion lights are so darn bright. I enable the motion lights and cameras out back at night and turn them off in the morning. I leave all the other cameras on unless I am going to be working outside (not now LOL) Predicted was 51/54 ha ha it is 37 out right now. I dont know where these weather people get their info BUT the weather reporting station is at the airport of which I live at the end of the runway. So I just go by my own weather station ha ha I have 3 sensors outside, back, side and front and they only vary by a degree or two. In the summer my back deck gets much warmer than the rest due to the metal awning. Always 5-8 degrees warmer. Gets very warm out there.
Time to change the bed linen and file papers that have started to accumulate again. So will pull my shredder out and get rid of the junk and file the rest. So far it is another foggy morning. I have never lived anywhere that gets so much dense fog. Hopefully it will burn off tho but it didn't the other day. I want to go out and spray my weeds before they start taking over my yard. But of course it needs to be fairly dry out. With the fog everything is so damp.
Going to have some quiche for breakfast and still have soup to heat up, thinking a chili dog for lunch or dinner. But I never really know what I will feel like and for what meal LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:31 pm

It took me a while to get caught up on the forum news after being off since last Wednesday. I got home yesterday but was so tired I didn't even get on the computer. I had been talking to a lady that wanted to Rehome a Mini Heeler. I was third on the list and the first two dropped out so I headed to Texas on Wednesday to pick her up. She is 4 years old and house broke. She will play fetch until her tongue is hanging out. I will have to toddler proof the house. She keeps finding toys I didn't even know I had. When it's quiet I have to go see what she is doing. So far so good with the cats. My cats are use to a dog in the house so they just ignore her. I have to close the bathroom doors when she has the run of the house because that's where the yummy cat food is. lol I can shut her up in the kitchen, dinning room and utility room area at night. She got her first taste of camping coming home. I stopped at one of the Texas state parks and then camped with my friends. She is ok with new people but will have to work on seeing dogs. I will post a picture when I can get a picture to my computer. I can't post from my phone.

I enjoyed all the horse talk. Karen, I don't think I ever heard you talk about horses. I think I was born wanting a horse. I probably was a pain to my uncles that had ranches. When we would visit I would start in wanting someone to saddle a horse for me. When I was in high school my dad rented a house on 2 acres. All the neighbors had horses and there was an arena near for our playground. I was in heaven when I got a horse.

I have gotten the Microsoft and computer alerts before. Usually from clicking on something on Facebook. Just turn the computer off and back on. I have MSN email and can report Phishing. I don't know if it does any good but I report those emails. I hate when my computer has an update. It will usually mess something up.

My doctor prescribed Actonel in 2008. I took a few of them but started reading about all the problems women were having from medicine that was suppose to make our bones stronger. I didn't finish the prescription. My step-daughter was on Actonel for years. About 3 years ago she was walking in her back yard and one of her thigh bones snapped. And I know someone that had to have major jaw surgery from one of the medications.

Barbie, sorry you are having pain again. My knees are giving me a trouble. They don't hurt if I'm sitting, it's the getting up and down that hurts.

I need to go to the post office since I haven't been in 6 days. I think I will shut Luna in the outside dog kennel while I'm gone. I don't trust her with the cats yet.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:03 pm

Martha, congrats on your new dog, Luna!! I hope she will be a great companion for you. Good that she and the cats are tolerating each other. Can't wait to see photos!

It is cloudy and gloomy here today. Slight chance of rain today but more so on Thursday thru Saturday. Should get some snow up in the local mountains finally.

Last night I watched Willie Nelsons 90th birthday celebration. That was fun. He still sings great considering his age!

Did a haircut this morning and then stopped to visit with my neighbor, Gloria, next door. We are both feeling down in the dumps lately.

Might make chili or a tuna hotdish later. Good day for something warm to eat!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:13 pm

Yay Martha found a new companion!! Welcome Luna. Sounds as though she will fit in well with your cats.

It is sunny and cold here with a strong wind that is making it feel even colder. I have thoughts of going shopping but that's as far as it goes. I know the stores are packed so keep looking online for things that can be delivered before Christmas and time is slipping away.

Karen I think you should start a business helping people with technology problems you would be in demand for sure! I am fascinated by all the things you talk about that you have at your home.

I watched Willie's 90th birthday celebration last night also and it was wonderful!! I saw Willie, Waylon and Jessie Coulter in concert when I was in San Diego I think it was 1984!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:33 pm

Well the fog is still around, it isnt going anywhere. Oh well, neither am I. Going tomorrow to get my hair cut but it is just down the street. I am really needing a haircut and have been putting it off but it is time.

Martha congratulations on your new pup Luna. Nothing like the companionship of a dog. I would be lost without mine, she gives me purpose. Even if I dont want a purpose right that minute ha ha

I love technology, I have definitely embraced it but not without struggles. It is like a puzzle to me to figure out how to use it, and what technology I want in my home. I do love my security cameras AND Alexa. She tells me when I have motion detected at the front door or anywhere else I have a camera on (I have 6) I tell her what to put on my shopping list (I have her on my phone so have my list when I go shopping with me), ask about the weather, the forecast, how far it is to XXX, what day it is (very important) Tells me what is on my calendar for that day or week. She turns on and off my lights. Tells Henry to go home if I want him to quit, or to go vacuum a certain room, also tells me where he is stuck LOL Plays music, podcasts, books etc Tells me how many tablespoons in an ounce if I am cooking ha ha She does so much more but these are the main things I use her for. My car also came with an app for Alexa in my car LOL.

I do love my streaming I am so so glad I do not have a Cable or Satellite bill any more. Streaming is a fraction of the cost even if I do pay a minimal amount for a few channels that I love. The rest are all free. I like having almost everything wireless. Especially my printer. I can print from my computer, tablet, and phone. Comes in handy. BUT when the internet goes down so does she ha ha and everything else. I can hotspot my phone for the internet but pretty much just for the computer. It is a challenge and fun for me.

BJ when I lived in Redding Merle Haggard and his brother lived in the next burg over Palo Cedro. We used to see him around town all the time. Nice guy. He lived there for 40 years had 900 acres originally but had to sell alot of it off when he declared bankruptcy. He also had a home in Bakersfield (for some unknown reason, ugh ugly town), He died in Palo Cedro on his 79th birthday. Very sad.
Clint Eastwood had his baby in Redding, flew to the hospital in a helicopter. We had to move our helicopter so he could land. I stayed far far away from that bru ha ha.

Well time to let the dog out and fold last load of laundry, just towels so easy peasy.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:48 pm

Karen love the stories of stars around. And Martha I'm so happy and excited for you and Luna. I remember saying Peaches would need my last dog and I was miserable. So Ty got a home. I don't know what I'll do when his time comes. I look forward to seeing Luna's pictures.

Just got very minor things done today, but minor is better than nothing. I've got an Amazon return to get to the UPS store tomorrow and found a replacement at almost 1/2 the price which I'll order when I see the refund on my account.

Measuring RV floors is not fun. I'm trying to get together how much flooring is needed. One of the other ladies here gave me the name of a place she used and I'm going to get a quote from them when I have all the info I think they'll need.

Sue, I was keeping up to technology when it was necessary. Not so much anymore.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:28 pm

It's our second grey, chilly day here. Have had on and off showers (hundredths of an inch) and a thunder boomer last night. Really hope we get the 2 inches they predict by end of Wednesday.
I wish we could add tech. Our Internet speed and bandwidth just barely support our tv and intermittent computer use, and often screech to halt when either camera picks up anything and trys to tell us! It's frustrating. And cable is outrageously expensive after a one year deal.
I've done 2 loads laundry, vac and mop kitchen floor, and walked on treadmill. Rest of time puttered around.
Congrats on Luna joining us!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:24 pm

Martha, I was going to suggest a cat door in the bathroom and bedroom doors, but maybe this mini heeler is too mini for that? If he is too big to get through a cat door, at least that will give them a place to escape and to keep their food from him. My Ohio son and his wife have a very big kitchen, so they have dedicated a small portion of their kitchen counter to the cat food. It is on the far end near a door, has a cabinet on either side, and is about 18" wide, so cat can jump up, but so far, dog has not figured out how to steal cat food. They do share a big water dish, however.

I have not said much about this, but I have been avoiding riding my bike for the past 7 months. I keep thinking about falling and ending up in a nursing home, even though my bones are pretty good. I just have felt a little more shaky on my bike in the last year, but I cleaned it up, added air to the tires, and got it off the bike rack and went for a short ride today. Tomorrow, I am going to a bird sanctuary called Ding Darling on Sanibel Island. There is a 4 mile paved road around wetlands and a big pond, but you cannot drive a motorhome around it, just hike, bike, or drive a car. I cannot walk 4 miles, so my bike is my only choice. Actually, it felt good to get on it and ride, even a short distance. I thought about selling my bike because of my age, but have gained a bit of confidence today.

I will be moving to a different campground for the 23rd, 24th, and 25th, and have reservations for the Audubon Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary on the 23rd, and the historical part of the Koreshan SP on the 24th, where I will be staying. Then Christmas Day will be online with Ohio family.

And Barbie and Karen, I often choose what to eat based on how much space whatever it is has been taking up in my freezer!!!
Last edited by JudyJB on Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:33 pm

Judy, there is a gate with a cat door that I will probably order. They told me she is 28 pounds. Given her food drive she would probably try to get thru the cat door. I'll have to see how big it is. I use to put the cat food on the dryer but some of my cats are 15 and can't jump any more.

I watched the first part of Willie's birthday show off and on because I thought some of the singers were butchering his songs. He still sings great. I loved him with George Straight.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:48 pm

Here's Luna.
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:20 pm

Luna is absolutely adorable. Looks very smart, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:29 pm

Yup, too small to be stopped by a cat door, most likely. :(

One possibility is that she will not like to bend over to squeeze through one. Cats are a little more limber than most dogs.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:13 am

Acadianmom wrote:. . .I had been talking to a lady that wanted to Rehome a Mini Heeler. I was third on the list and the first two dropped out so I headed to Texas on Wednesday to pick her up. She is 4 years old and house broke. She will play fetch until her tongue is hanging out. I will have to toddler proof the house. She keeps finding toys I didn't even know I had. When it's quiet I have to go see what she is doing. So far so good with the cats. My cats are use to a dog in the house so they just ignore her. I have to close the bathroom doors when she has the run of the house because that's where the yummy cat food is. lol I can shut her up in the kitchen, dinning room and utility room area at night. She got her first taste of camping coming home. I stopped at one of the Texas state parks and then camped with my friends. She is ok with new people but will have to work on seeing dogs. I will post a picture when I can get a picture to my computer. I can't post from my phone.

Martha

Oh! Martha!! Such wonderful news!! I'm so very happy to read that you have found a new best friend. I hope that she is everything you hope her to be, and then some!!

Congratulations!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:45 am

had a relaxing day I'm not even sure what I spent my time on did sleep in woke up once and went back to sleep then woke up just prior to the alarm going off... got the yarn to make the fingerless gloves with... so started to make one for a pattern as easy as it is it has me going ... somewhere a long the row I loose a stitch not sure where or how but it's getting pretty annoying.
Brother brought mom in then went out to get stuff then sister in law appeared guess they decided to all come and leave for Ut from here which totally makes since they went to a concert that one of their granddaughters was in thought it would be over by 7:30 so thought that we would go to supper it wasn't over until about 8:30 but since we hadn't eaten decided to go regardless of the time... had a good visit
that is some cute dog Martha like the name... I bet that you will totally enjoy having him
saw a write up of a movie that sounded cute called Candy Cane Lane about a man who wants to will the Christmas decoration contest... makes a deal with an elf I think and the 12 days of Christmas starts to come alive I imagine then that he has to fix his problem
you all have a good night
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Morning Coffee