Fri Dec 15

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Fri Dec 15

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:10 pm

Nothing really planned for today. I'm tired of waking Ty in the mud. At least I can just rinse off my croc and croc look alike shoes. But, right this minute the sun is shining. More rain predicted this afternoon, but then hopefully a few or more days without any. I'm about to head over to the tt and do at least a little something in there. It's my goal to not let a day pass without doing something, however small.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Fri Dec 15

Postby Shirlv » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:25 pm

Beth, in your shoes I would go to trailer measure stuff and write it down windows, counter space, especially height between counter and underneath cabinet. I would spend rain days visiting thrift stores looking for window valances. Wall clock, dishes, pans, cutesy stuff. Darn wish I was there to tag along.lol I spent morning paying bills, then walk to mailbox tp mail bills. Was beautiful sunshine for a change. Back in the house passed door to sunporch and it was full of sunshine so spent half hour rocking and listening to wind chime and nature. There are two exposed walls so depending on wind direction I will try soaking up sun during dreary winter months. Life’s simple pleasure. Still dealing with items to stay or go and where to put them. Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Beth I had to chuckle. THAT is my precise goal every day. I need to do at least one project every day. Sometimes I do more but the minimum is one. Doesnt have to be a big project but I need to accomplish something!!!
Went to the grocery store and picked up my order of stuff on sale. Nothing I really needed but hey it was on sale so pays to stock up while I can. I will use it eventually. Only a couple things for my freezer LOL Going to make a sausange, cheese, mushroom, spinach quiche. Probably have that for dinner with a salad. Then breakfast tomorrow morning. I stopped at In n Out burger on my way home. Cannot beat their hamburgers and fries for $5.80 Make them all fresh to order also. Had cheese, tomato, lettuce, sauce and onion. Oooh it was so good. I would pay way more at any of the fast food places and would not be nearly as good. I dont go often and it is right down the street from me, but today it was calling my name.
Shirl I would love to be sitting in the sunshine right now instead of dense fog and 41 degrees outside. Maybe the sunshine will show up this afternoon.
OK time to take a picture of a check to deposit that I have had for a few weeks. Then going to take my pie crust out of the freezer to thaw (yup no homemade pie crusts here) so I can make my quiche.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:28 pm

I'm a member of 'getting at least one thing done a day' club, too! Actually, jumped from one thing to another today and when my brother called, I couldn't find my phone in any of the usual places! Yesterday he and my sister-in-law got the compression socks I had ordered hoping to relieve some of their neuropathy discomfort. He called to say they work!

Shirl, I'd like some of that sunshine, too, please! :) No snow predicted, but just gloomy. I enjoyed reading the horse stories. I was about 7 or 8, still living in Kansas, when my maternal grandfather died. After the funeral, my grandmother went home with some Colorado relatives, and we later went to pick her up. One family had a horse and I wanted to ride! They saddled the horse, put me up there and it was a long way to the ground! I don't think the horse even took one step! I have ridden, but I'm not a fan because I have control issues. :roll:
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:59 pm

Shirl, it would be fun to have you helping me spend my money. And then I could blame you when I overspend. Lol. Most things I've bought online with the sales. I got a cutting board style stove topper that's too big. I knew that in advance. So today I asked the manager how much work it would be to cut one side down. He said, easy peasy. But I could turn down the price... On sale way, easy cheaper than the ones that fit and I liked it better, too. But I do feel just a tad guilty giving him projects. :shock: I also bought some zipper storage balls, oversized. I plan to put almost everything in them before I leave so that just a wipe down and put away, or just s put away on any clothes I keep there when I return. I hope lol. I've thing that probably won't surprise anyone is that I bought a new air fryer for the tt. It's my biggest yet lol. But it has settings for baking and toasting and broiling, etc along with air frying. I've used 3 settings since it came yesterday and all work well. There's no microwave and I may not get one right away and put this where that would go. I picked this one on its wattage, too. I liked cooking at the casita and now I will here. The baby air fryer will still travel in the class c. It's getting old, but works.

After all my problems getting chille rellenos at restaurants, I ordered way too many from a Hatch, NM place. They came today and are stuffed on every nook and cranny of my freezer. Had one for dinner and worried about doing it in the air fryer, but it turned out great. So yummy. I'll be eating them regularly and sorry when I finish them. But that'll take awhile. And now I know where to order them.

It's nice to know several of us are members of getting at least I've thing done a day. Even if it's something small I at least feel I've accomplished something.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:27 pm

Did not accomplish anything in my RV today, except dump my tanks. Then went out to pick up a package at an Amazon locker, then some prescriptions, Walmart to get a couple of things plus some flash drives, and finally post office to pick up my mail package from my son. Also mailed a couple of envelopes to California. Then, when I got home and hooked up, I called my credit union to complain about the junk mail they were sending me with "offers" to purchase life insurance and to get them to take me off all mailing lists other than things related to my specific accounts.

Did the same with Cleveland Clinic who apparently has an agreement with an insurance company who sent me four letters trying to get me to switch to a Medicare Advantage plan. Got the insurance company to stop mailing stuff, now have to get ahold of right dept at CC to get off all other potential offers. (Insurance company said they considered the stuff they send out as benefits, not junk mail. HA! As if they don't make money from this.) It is a pain to make all these calls, but it reduces the mail my son has to forward to me once every month or so. Also makes me feel better to complain!!!! :lol: (I am really getting to be a grumpy old lady.)

Anyway, Walmart was horrible, and I had a terrible time finding a place to park my rig. Had to wait in line in tech department because all the flash drives were locked up. Got back to campground and spent a couple of hours going through my mail and making complaining phone calls. Dinner was a pot pie, which tastes good once in a while.
Last edited by JudyJB on Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:00 pm

Bethers wrote:Nothing really planned for today. I'm tired of waking Ty in the mud. At least I can just rinse off my croc and croc look alike shoes. But, right this minute the sun is shining. More rain predicted this afternoon, but then hopefully a few or more days without any. I'm about to head over to the tt and do at least a little something in there. It's my goal to not let a day pass without doing something, however small.

Beth, none of my business, of course (and you may have posted this information already, and I just missed it, but) . . . why did you acquire a travel trailer? To put at your Benson place? For the days you no longer choose to live in a motorhome?

Enquiring minds want to know. :roll: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:43 am

Anne, I'm going to try to keep this brief. From the day I started rving, I had a goal to find a place I'd eventually settle. I've found lots of places that I'd love for a season etc. When I purchased my lot in Benson I was thinking that would be the place. But while most people go there on the winter, I don't want to be there winters. I don't really want to completely quit traveling but lots changed with Covid. I had planned one last 3/4 year traveling the east coast. Working my way to Maine and by late summer/fall heading south to Florida. Visiting so many friends all along the coast. Then that trip got cancelled. A couple years passed. I really now dread traveling the east coast by RV. I dread all the traffic. And I admit to my preference of the west. Three winters ago I came back to this small, old, nothing fancy park in far south Texas because I felt so comfortable here on a short stay several years earlier. Again, it felt like family. And I like the weather here better for winter (mostly, this years rain so far is not my favorite, but I still like it). I still feel like I'm with family. Some I like more than others lol, but everyone jumps in to help everyone, etc. So I came back. And last year I started thinking about looking into getting a cheap trailer and keeping it here year round. The idea grew and I wore down pros and cons and the pros won if I could find a tt I thought would work. It's hard buying something that needs loving care and wondering if I know what I got myself into. But then handling the roof issue made me feel good. Knowing I'm not going to do some cosmetic things inside and looking at ways to camouflage them is becoming almost fun. So next year I'll only drive my car here. And the tt will get completely hooked up and hopefully everything will work lol

Now, for at least this year I'll have my current C. When I leave here late March we'll go to Arizona and I'll enjoy the desert springtime ( my favorite time of year there) and if I return to the job in Iowa where they want me back, I'll go there July through early to mid-October. Then return to Arizona for a bit of the beautiful fall weather there. I can store the class C there at no cost and still rent that lot. And then I'll return to Texas.

I already have tentative plans for when I become more like a snowbird, but between Texas and Arizona. I don't really want to be in either place in August, so if I hold onto the C, vacation time.

There is already a couple here who have mentioned possibly being interested in buying the C. Should we work something out, I'll have to change course again lol. I don't like thinking of staying anywhere year round or even just two places. I like doing some traveling. But I have to be realistic with age, etc, too.

And this is the short version.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:56 am

Wow, Beth, thanks so much for your post. I had been wondering. Sounds like you have been doing a LOT of thinking.

Here's hoping it all works out for you, in just the way you hope and plan.

Thanks for sharing, everyone's story on here is interesting to me. Whether they are on - or off - "The Road".

My best wishes to you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:27 am

It's been a good day watched my granddaughter graduate from University then out to a celebration luncheon for well lunch we all met at 1:30 they didn't "rush" us out the door ...over ate of course and then went and got my glasses repaired she even replaced the nose pieces and gave me some cleaner all free that makes one want to return and then we went to dd's school for a not sure what it was called but the different classes worked together in showing something from an area they either asked for or were assigned ... my dd teaches 2nd grade not sure if there is two or three teachers but as a group the kids made out of paper so one sided different creatures from Antarctica 12 of them were to size had a polar bear that was standing at 10 ft so you could compare yourself to the bear... an orca at 25 ft I believe the rest were smaller but I was so impressed dd said that they measured the Orca to get it to the right size heard good reports of the 6th graders so went went to Egypt they did good really good but I actually think I was more impressed with the younger students...
then we came home while dd was finishing up took a nap tried working on the afghan finally laid it aside or was it the coloring page I gave up on??? :oops: anyway a nap won out and then we all went on a hunt for Christmas tree lights found them so pretty....
dd replaced her tree it's so pretty I almost wished that brother hadn't gotten one for my mom I'd go see if I could find the same one... for not being much more than what he paid it sure is more of a tree...
tomorrow going to watch granddaughter do her archery been wanting to see her perform so that will be nice not looking forward to getting up early though... :?
I still haven't read scriptures so need to close and go do that
you all have a great night
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee