Wednesday, Dec. 13th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, Dec. 13th

Postby Colliemom » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:45 am

Good Morning everyone. Thought I had better check in. Been reading but not posting as really nothing much doing here. Same old. Only thing exciting was power outage one dsy due to a transformer failure, but generator took over within about 15 seconds. Nice security blanket. Weather is same as O’Sharom mentioned yesterday , but then my weather becomes her weather on its way east. And from looks of long range predictions, nothing much coming up all the way through Christmas. But you only need just a measurable amount of snow, to be classified as a White Christmas. We have a light layer right now, but a warm up coming stsrting atomorrow. One sunny day and it will be gone. It’s not good news for businesses who rely on snowmobilers for their winter income.

Beth, love the new to you TT. I know you will make it your own over time. Rita, good to see you post. Glad you are enjoying Diamond Painting. . Great way to pass the winter months. I’m enjoying working on mine and have two more, including a custom made one, on the way. It’s so relaxing as you forget about everything else while you concentrate on the painting. Carol, glad you and Bill can get away to MX for awhile. O’Sharon, happy to hear Buddy is back turning into a wonderful companion. Sandi, glad you are home safely and had a great trip. I enjoyed the pictures. And loved seeing Shirl’s new digs, but sorry to hear about the eye issues. Anita, sounds a little Wintery out you way.

Not going to comment further as don’t remember it all and don’t want to make a book. I have a Chiro appt. This morning then need to take acrun to the grocery store and Home Depot. Having neighbor/friend over for supper as she’s up here for a few days. Nothing fancy, just a casserole and salad.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Wednesday, Dec. 13th

Postby Shirlv » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:10 am

Morning Sue and All, I welcome the cold weather but we have had a lot of gloomy overcast days. I need sunshine.. I only mentioned my eye condition to explain why I was moving. I didn’t want to endanger a whole building of people by accidentally starting a fire. I am not in pain, not in darkness. I am content. I was able to bring my treasures, Aunt Polly’s organ stool where 3 yr old Shirley sang Jesus Loves me. It’s now a plant stand. I am learning to speak Garfield the cat who circles in front of the attic door to let you know he wants to spend time in the cold attic. I ordered a grow light for my plants. With the lack of sunshine , think I will share the light and have a margarita. Be safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby Irmi » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:13 am

Good morning Sue and all that check in!

Sue, I'm glad you checked in because I had made up my mind that I would send you a message today to make sure you were okay. I know your neighbor will enjoy having dinner with you today. Shirl, you posted before I did and wanted to let you know that your new home is just lovely.

It was 20 degrees warmer this morning than the same time yesterday, but with the winds we're having, it doesn't feel much warmer. We're going to be windier for the next couple days. My walking friend & I did get our walk in this morning despite the winds. Tomorrow morning I have a Dr. appointment to get the results of the lab work and bone density test. It takes an hour to get there so we'll leave 7:15 for that. It sounds like the weekend will be a washout, so maybe I'll get some things done inside, including practicing for upcoming services. We bought some treats for us that we've been enjoying so we're going out today to buy extras for church friends and some folks here. Have a good day.
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:42 am

Good Morning all, It's cloudy out but I am going to follow friend Shirl and have a margarita and bring on the light. :lol: Irmi I hope your test result are good. I understand the anxiety of waiting. We have something called My Chart and I get test results at the same time or sooner than the doctors. I was talking to a friend in Tallahassee who said 70 now feels a little cool to her which surprised her as she moved there from Chicago so I imaging you low temps are feeling really cold. Sue it's ok not share your snow!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:13 am

Good morning. No rain predicted for the next few days so that makes me happy. Have housekeeping chores and some cooking to do today. I am much more motivated when it is not so gloomy out. I am perusing recipes this morning to see what kind of a new casserole I can make. I get a bit stuck in a rut with the ones I like but need to branch out some. I need to food saver the meat I bought yesterday so will make something out of some of it. Might make some enchiladas to freeze and some vegetable beef soup. That should do me today LOL I had a salad for lunch yesterday and it was sooooo good. Havent had much salad lately as I like it better in the summer ha ha so forget about it in the colder months. So will have another today. Need to use up my lettuce. I had a taco salad last week but think I will just have the traditional one today. I am still trying to eat up the older stuff in my freezer. Not making much of a dent ha ha
Sandi glad you made it home, that is a really long flight UGH but you saw some beautiful sights for sure. So that made it worth it. Sue it is best if you dont go MIA, at our age people wonder when we dont show up ha ha especially the ones of us that tend to post more often. Glad Shirl is getting comfy in her new place. Well time for some breakfast and another cup of coffee and I will be ready to start my day.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:08 pm

Karen, we've got your drizzle and rain down here. Ty and I walked in a drizzle this morning but it goes back and forth and I guess will continue a few days. I'm a sun girl, so get somewhat down with so many of these days. But the sun always comes back and then is so much appreciated.

I'm an idiot. I didn't sign the check I wrote to the man who, with his helper, slaved over my rig yesterday. :oops: He called this morning and will come by to get a signature. So embarrassed here.

Sue, I enjoy all your posts, and like others start thinking about contacting you if you miss a few days. I know I write too much nothing, specifically weather related, or Ty related. Now probably tt related lol. Hopefully not any more forgetting to sign checks related lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:33 pm

Good afternoon,

Before I forget, I had a phone call this morning from a Fruitland, Idaho number I didn't know so did not answer as usual. They actually left a voice mail saying I could get a 50% discount on my Spectrum bill by calling another number with 844 area code. First off, the bill is in my daughter's name and the number to call had too many digits. A little research and area code 844 is known for scammers.

Shirl, your new home is so nice! The tree is pretty. I think I've watched Man from Snowy River more than once! Sandy, glad you are safely home! Beth, glad you got tt sealed - that has to take a load off your mind.

The hill I can see from the apartment seems to be shrouded in clouds or fog most of the time! Didn't even get a pretty snow view of it. Don't think we'll have a white Christmas. I've been going through the digitized videos - some make me sad and some make me laugh but oh the memories.

I still don't have parking permits! Today they announced they are going to assign parking spots so people must be complaining - particularly after the full lot on Thanksgiving.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:55 pm

I spent yesterday getting two new front tires and having the rear ones checked and re-balanced. I bought all tires at same time, but front ones had an alignment problem and were wearing strangely and were almost bald. I had my motorhome front end aligned last March, but damage was done before then, plus I am not sure the balancing really helped. Anyway, it was expensive, but I am glad I got the new tires. Having a blowout with one of those can be fatal in this big vehicle, so makes me feel better, even if checking account does not.

Also, picked up some groceries, yesterday, but ran out of time to go to post office, so went today at noon. Hard time parking, but I sent a letter, some postcards, and a package to Ohio for Christmas, plus checked on my general delivery package with my mail. Not arrived yet, so will be going back Friday. It is a tiny post office, and mail lady saw my rig, and I had told her i was alone. She asked what I was going to do if I found a man on my travels, and that started a lot of laughs, including the white-haired older lady who walked in on our conversation about how living alone is best. She started into wanting to do her own thing, not wanting someone to tell her what to eat or when, control TV changer, etc. Anyway, mail lady said she was divorced and still had a life insurance policy on her ex-husband who was 10 years older than she was. Said she was considering it retribution for her years of being married to him!! :lol: I told her that my goal was to outlive my ex!! Most fun in a post office I have ever had!!! :D

Going to keep cleaning and sorting through things today and tomorrow. Weather is a bit cool and damp, with no rain, but a lot of humidity!! Got lots of little projects that need to be done indoors, anyway.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Afternoon, lunch break. Then will finish doing the food saver and make room in my freezer. A never ending saga. Decided not to make the vegetable beef soup so froze the meat for that until I can eat some of my do aheads.

I love that movie and have seen it several times. I spent years breeding, training and showing Arabian horses. Horses were my love for many many years. I showed at one of the Class A shows and got 1st place with my mare. Ahead of 5 trainers, beat Wayne Newtons 2 horses. Highlight of my day. I showed in English pleasure, Western Pleasure, and conformation. We got Oregon high point Arabian Stallion and High Point Arabian mare for the season at the same time, was an awesome year. We had an indoor arena and 16 stalls. Rented out a couple and took some in for training and breeding. It was some of the best times of my life. My 1st daughter was raised in a stall at horse shows ha ha We always decorated our stalls with curtains, display board advertising our stables, table chairs it was a huge deal. Glad I am not doing it now. We also had a resident trainer at our stables he did most of the breeding and outside training. I still love horses and always will.

I am going to watch that movie again too
Beth if you get my weather sunshine coming your way Anita I got that same phone call....deleted it of course.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:47 pm

Wow Karen I can't remember you ever talking about horses! That was an impressive list of wins especially beating Wayne Newton! Also amazing that you were so versatile in showing and in your training facility.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby monik7 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:39 pm

I’m impressed Karen! I know how to ride English, but with my horse I preferred bareback (and sometimes even sitting backwards) :D :D I only used my Western saddle for shows. I do still have it though, safely stored in my garage.
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:00 pm

Sandi and Karen I'm impressed with you both. I find horses absolutely gorgeous but was always a tad afraid of them. And like most animals, they can sense it even when you do your best to not show it. Luckily the few times I rode I made sure to get the gentlest horses. Thank goodness one time with two friends who were experts because we were in Colorado and on a trail horses couldn't pass, so if one was coming, you waited. Long story short, my friends were first and I my horse and I behind. They were off this trail and parents let their child on coming towards me. My horse scared the crap out of me, almost literally, but we got past and when we returned and were asked about the incident, they were appalled and the family was banned from renting from them again. That said, it was the last time I rode. Still love watching others, though.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:15 am

Beth, I wish I lived closer to any place you go. I’d love to take you on a ride to help ease your fears and you could see how wonderful horses are. On the right horse and in the right conditions you would soon learn quickly that what you experienced on your ride was not the norm and your confidence would grow to where you could actually enjoy horses and riding rather than fear them.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:59 am

I am going to add my two cents to the horse stories. I think they are a beautiful animal and love seeing them in the fields. That said, because of a couple of incidents while I was on horseback, I am scared of them. Story too long to post here. But to you who do know how to ride, more power to you!
It’s sunny and cool here. I do like being able to wear my sweatshirts.
Had a nice lunch with my DInLaw and her daughter and granddaughter the other day.
Put Christmas lights on the balcony and got a poinsettia for the living room. That is the extent of my Christmas decorations.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:35 pm

chalet05 wrote:Good afternoon,

Before I forget, I had a phone call this morning from a Fruitland, Idaho number I didn't know so did not answer as usual. They actually left a voice mail saying I could get a 50% discount on my Spectrum bill by calling another number with 844 area code. First off, the bill is in my daughter's name and the number to call had too many digits. A little research and area code 844 is known for scammers.

I received a text this morning saying something like "We are trying to make a delivery, but your address is incorrect. To make correction, click here."

This one may have fooled me - I have several Christmas items ordered that are on the way - but I remembered that Barbie received a similar text a while back, and almost got her credit card scammed!

Thanks for posting this, Anita. A reminder never hurts. And thanks again to Barbie, also!!

I checked the area code - it was for Toronto, Canada. Yeah, right.

This text went straight to the dumpster.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Next

Return to Morning Coffee