Wednesday, Dec. 13th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Wednesday, Dec. 13th

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:31 am

My dad got me started in riding lessons with English equitation and jumping at around 8 years old. A few years later he moved me to a more prestigious riding academy. I rode and competed with girls who came from wealthy families and owned their own horses and rode every day. I just used the school horses during my weekly lessons and shows, but did really well. I even beat some of those girls in competition, especially with the jumping competitions, which I loved doing the most. My dad promised to buy me a horse if I won a blue ribbon. I always came in second or third. I was sure he was paying off the judges to not give me a blue ribbon so he wouldn't have to buy me a horse! My favorite horses are the Gypsy Vanner horses! They are smaller but strong and have long, thick manes, tails, and long fur on their feet. Very beautiful horses! They were originally used to pull gypsy caravans (the original RV's! :lol:)

Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee