Monday, Dec. 11

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, Dec. 11

Postby Irmi » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 am

Good morning ladies!

Beth, I really like your tt and know you'll have a good time making it your own. Lyn, I love your new do. Hopefully it's easy to take care of. Sheila, you've got to be looking forward to having a break and doing things you want to do. Liz, it's good seeing you here! Karen, has your rain stopped and how much have you gotten?

The cold front moved in last night. At 11:30 P.M. it was 61 degrees and when I got up at 5:00 it was 45 degrees and quite breezy. The winds caused the motorhome to moan and groan and I didn't sleep well, so I'm sure I will tonight.

We have a coupon for $ 20.00 off a $ 100.00 purchase from our grocery store, so we'll go there this morning. It's easy to spend that much anymore.

I wish you a good Monday!
Irmi

Re: Monday, Dec. 11

Postby RitaMc » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:07 am

Looks like Minnesota will be having a brown Christmas this year. I don't mind but with no snow cover the frost will go deeper into the ground which can create problems with sewer pipes and drain fields. Finally put the Christmas tree up. i love to have the lights on while enjoying my morning coffee. Have been working on two diamond painting kits. I am just about finished the red truck Christmas one and have a larger sun flower scene I work on sporadically. I also have a couple of knitting projects going. I got side tracked from my projects with a horrible head cold right after Thanksgiving then made 150 chocolate covered cherries for the churches candy cookie sale. The craft projects keep me busy since garden is done for the year and it is pitch dark by 5p and too early for bed
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:27 am

Good morning. Was raining earlier but not much predicted for today. In fact getting a break until Thursday. Irmi I dont know exactly how much we have gotten inch wise but know it was quite a bit last week for us and bigger amounts for the coastal areas. Snow pack is building but the temps are warming up so hopefully will not diminish the snow pack that badly. It is 48 right now with high to be 56. No sunshine in sight LOL just fog.

I am going to a couple of the grocery stores today to get some fresh veggies and a few things on sale. Might even venture to Costco but we shall see. I havent gone anywhere for a week so time I ventured out for a bit. Just finished breakfast so will have another cuppa joe and then hop in the shower and head to town.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:26 pm

Good morning gals!

I have been AWOL for several days. Just got caught up on the past 3 days of posts. Not been too peppy and haven't done much. I worked on Saturday and it was busy. Yesterday, all I managed to do was frost my hair. It turned out good so I am happy.

I put my love seat out on the driveway to be picked up on Friday after the sale, by the thrift store truck that comes around after the sale to pick up leftover stuff. I called to have my loveseat picked up but no one ever showed up, so I will have to call the office and find out what happened.

Off to work shortly for the afternoon shift. Then I have 3 days off. Tomorrow I have my follow-up appt with the surgeon who did my steroid shot. So far, no pain, so that is good.

It has been getting down to the upper 30's at night lately :shock: but gets back up to the low 70's during the day. Been running the furnace at night.

Sophie hasn't bothered the tree for a few days now so that is good. Romeow still ignores it.

Beth, have fun fixing up and decorating your new trailer.

Shirl, sorry to hear about your eye condition but good that you are now at your daughter's home so she can help you out when you need it. Moving is very stressful!

Judy, hope you get the accident claim taken care of quickly. And like Beth said, the police won't come out for little stuff like that anymore. They will just tell you to trade information and deal with the insurance companies. I got rear-ended quite a few years back now and when I called the police, they asked if anyone was injured or needed a tow truck. I said no to both and she said to just exchange info.

Carol, I hope you and Bill have a great trip! It will be different this year, but will be a nice thing to look forward to and give you two a break from the day to day stuff at home.

I better get up and get ready for work... Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:36 pm

Good morning!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic photos, Sandi! Lyn, love your hair and wish mine behaved that way!

About 6 inches of snow fell Saturday during the day - lovely to watch. Temps warmed so car and Sling were relatively easy to clear off yesterday. The snowplow crew here did a great job yesterday morning! They had a ride-on machine to clear the sidewalks instead of a snowblower. They sprinkled deicer on the parking lot and sidewalks. Certainly far and above the last apartment! I had my first experience in a long time of driving on slushy streets. Monica and I went to choral concert which was wonderful! Same theater where we saw the play, but they had a much better sound system set up so hearing aids were fine but the one song featuring sopranos was a little much. I'm learning.

One of the free streaming apps I haven't seen mentioned here (or just missed it) is freevee. I've watched some great movies and a documentary.

Actually going to get dressed before noon and then who knows! :)
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:31 pm

My back is hurting enough that I took some Aleve. It just dawned on me why it is probably hurting. Last night the weather man said it was going to get down to 34 so I decided to put the Ficus tree in the old house. That thing is taller than I am. I have to wrestle it onto a furniture dolly and then into the house. It only got down to 39.

Went to the Dollar Store for gift bags and to the bank and post office. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and probably a trip to Walmart. I need to get loaded up for the campout. Check in at the campground is 3:00 so it won't do me any good to get on the road early. I don't know why the check in is so late.

I think all the cats are in except Rascal so better go look for him. I make them stay in at night and some of them don't like that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:05 pm

Did a bit more cleaning out places in my motorhome, except this time it was my clothes storage shelves. I have a short but large area which can be a closet or shelves for folded clothing. I have always used it for folded shirts, shorts, and long pants, but i have this habit of stuffing things behind the piles of folded clothing. Never know what you will find there. Found a few things to toss, including a pair of black, slightly dressy long pants I have been carting around for 11 years. They are too big, and i have never worn them, so out they went. Also tossed a couple of pairs of old shorts, an old sweatshirt and pants, and a shirt, plus some plastic bags that I have no idea why they were stuffed there. Got to be more ruthless and stop hiding things away. I really also need to go through my old t-shirts and toss some, as some are too large, too small, or just plain worn and shabby looking.

Heading out tomorrow to get my motorhome tires checked, stop at Walmart's for a few things, and then pick up my general delivery mail at post office. Cold front went thru here also, so very chilly tonight. Need to remember to get gas also.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:04 am

The day just seems to evolve it's generally the same ole same ole although dd was here so that changed things up a bit...she was able to use the base off the dead tree but we decided read that I decided that it was too unstable so this weekend we will look for another one and take this one down in the mean time there is a tree with lights...I really in a lot of ways don't understand my mom.. daughter went to bed a few minutes later mom said we need to turn off the lights (tree) well it's plugged into a power cord the same one that my laptop is plugged into I don't want to unplugged the tree when all I have to do is turn off the power cord and even though there are no decorations on it it does give you a lot of cheer....
Irmi I do look forward to being back in my trailer and then at the same time if I am that will mean that either mom has passed away or we have all decided that she can't be home... so for now I guess I will quite complaining and do my best for her... although dd is better at that she will go get the pain pill for her me you know where it is well maybe not those words but I wait for her to go get it... although the last couple of nights I've been giving it too her when I give her a muninex which seems to help her congestion
I looked for some reason at the amount of viewers over 3000 for Sandi's Australian trip I know that some of see them multiples but....
Anne we need to talk I want a necklace :D
made the spaghetti from Old Spaghetti Factory it was so good... but has I told the missionaries when I fed them Jambalaya that I'd never tasted it so didn't know if I did it ok or not same with this one although I have eaten it there it's been several years ago and I no longer remember what it tastes like .... but it was so good
I read every day and don't know how I missed it but what happened Judy that you had an accident?
I was going to reply on something now I don't know what it was...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:25 am

Good late night...

Sheila, someone hit Judy's rental car while she was parked.

Got home from work tonight and my loveseat was gone. Asked my neighbor if she saw who took it and she said it was a couple of the maintenance guys. I guess the thrift store guy who was picking stuff up on Friday was alone and wasn't able to put the loveseat in the truck by himself so planned to come back on Tuesday with some help, to get it. So now I have to call the office in the morning and have them tell the thrift store guys they don't need to come back for it.

I really need to get busy tomorrow and get caught up around here. Can't put stuff off another day! Also can't forget my appt in the afternoon! :shock:

I need to go thru my clothes again, too. Once I get a buyer for my house, I can get rid of a lot of my work clothes. I don't have a ton of clothes anyways but no need for dressy things in the RV.

I need to call my SIL in Tucson. I haven't heard anything more about the wedding in March. They were going to send out an announcement about the wedding ahead of sending out the invitations, and I should have gotten that by now. Maybe they decided not to invite me. :? I would be off the hook then! :lol:

Time for bed...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee